Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
Lake Lady 6

Default Looking to buy firewood

Anyone on the forum in the firewood business. Need 2 cord of green hardwood by end of October delivered in the Gilford (off Rt. 11) area?
Lake Lady 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
nightrider

Default cordwood from tornado

Anyone know if any landowners or otherwise who were affected by the tornado, are allowing people to help clean up their property by inviting people to take away fallen hardwood?
nightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
CanisLupusArctos

A recent news headline in Foster's (Dover) said the landowners were frustrated that the time was running out for them to be able to salvage any of the tornado trees for saw logs (which need to be of "fresh cut" quality.) My thought was, "Have they thought of selling it as cord wood?"

The article said the landowners were definitely interested in getting as much money as they could for it. When heating oil for this winter went sky-high earlier this summer one of my friends in Dover said he got a quote for firewood at $300 a cord IF delivered early. They told him the price would go up.

That makes me think the landowners in the tornado zone could make some decent money if they had help cutting and splitting the fallen trees into cord wood. Try approaching them. They'll probably be glad for anyone willing to pay them money AND help get the mess off their property at the same time.

There's a lot of fallen pine in there too -- when split, that can be sold for $5 a bundle (armload size!) as campfire wood for tourists. I see it for sale all over the place for that price, and I see people buying it along with their marshmallows.
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote