Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #1
shooter

Im looking for info on hardwood floors to be installed on basement level concrete floors some have told me I must use a floating floor or a manufactured hardwood floor , any info would be apreiciated , I would like to have the option of sanding the floor in years to come if possible, thanks for any info SHOOTER
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:53 AM   #2
dpg

You want the option of sanding the floors??? Most people opt to get away from that. The manufactured floors last years and years with minimal care. Whatever you use spend some money, like anything else there's cheap and top of the line out there.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:13 AM   #3
shooter

Default sanding

after seeing what renters can do to a floor I think the option of being able to sand the floor would be a good one, if possible.
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:19 AM   #4
Paugus Bay Resident

There is a product called Dricore. Here's a link http://www.dricore.com/en/efaq.htm
It makes a good sub-floor in damp applications

A floating floor just means that the floor is not "bonded" to the sub-floor (in this case using adhevise).

I would agree on the engineered wood. It will move much less and has a better locking system. There are engineered / prefinished flooring products that have enough veneer to be sanding once or twice.

If the floor is level, you would need to install a vapor barrier (at least 6 mil poly) and the usually use a foam padding under the floor. The rest on the installation is pretty straightforward.
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote