Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
localgirl

Unhappy Shooters thumbs down (again)

I posted a while back about Shooters and what a horrible night we had there. I was pretty much chastised for my post, people not really knowing me, making me think I had no clue, and told me that I shouldn't have gone there expecting fine dining, etc., it's a pub with local talent.

Well I've been there many many times, had never (until that last time) had such a horrible meal & experience. We decided to give it another try and once again...we were highly disappointed. The atmosphere was 100% better this visit, with no local band or guitar player or comedian blaring into the microphone BUT the food still leaves a lot and I mean a LOT to be desired. Got a Cob Salad with grilled chicken and not sure but think the chicken was marginal when it came to fresh. Had a funky taste to it, like it was borderline ready for the garbage! My 2 dining partners had stir fry and it was just so-so...lots of sicky sweet sauce pooled in the bottom that was unedible. So needless to say we will not give them another chance to redeem themselves. Not sure but feel they must have a new chef or something because we used to love the food there, not so much any more....not so much!
localgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to localgirl For This Useful Post:
RLW (12-27-2013), upthesaukee (12-27-2013)
Old 12-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
RLW

Smile

localgirl, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

Good for you for putting your feelings regarding a previous thread. That's what the forum is all about, your feelings and theirs.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
I posted a while back about Shooters and what a horrible night we had there. I was pretty much chastised for my post, people not really knowing me, making me think I had no clue, and told me that I shouldn't have gone there expecting fine dining, etc., it's a pub with local talent.

Well I've been there many many times, had never (until that last time) had such a horrible meal & experience. We decided to give it another try and once again...we were highly disappointed. The atmosphere was 100% better this visit, with no local band or guitar player or comedian blaring into the microphone BUT the food still leaves a lot and I mean a LOT to be desired. Got a Cob Salad with grilled chicken and not sure but think the chicken was marginal when it came to fresh. Had a funky taste to it, like it was borderline ready for the garbage! My 2 dining partners had stir fry and it was just so-so...lots of sicky sweet sauce pooled in the bottom that was unedible. So needless to say we will not give them another chance to redeem themselves. Not sure but feel they must have a new chef or something because we used to love the food there, not so much any more....not so much!
I go to Shooters quite often and never have received a bad meal...was just there for buy one get one free breakfast last weekend. They were voted 1st or 2nd for best pizza in the state and the wings came in 5th. The burgers are always a good choice. The seafood is fresh...you post is the exact opposite of the meals I get. I see you are new to this site, maybe they shut you off and now your mad? You have 6 total post and 4 are complaining about Shooters.
Reilly (12-27-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default 4 out of 6

It is funny how someone chastise a place and still go back? Sounds like a beef to me. If you don't like a place there are plenty of other places to choose from in the Lakes Region. Jeez!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
jetskier

Post Tried for the first time

We tried Shooters for the first time about a week ago.

Positives:
  • Generous portions
  • Good quality at reasonable prices
  • Friendly service

Negatives:

There was a group of patrons near us that were extremely loud and their discussion was very off color. I felt bad for the couple with kids sitting in the booth nearby. Clearly this was not the fault of the establishment although some sound absorbing materials would help...it is a bit acoustically harsh inside.

We will be back...hopefully those other patrons will not.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,062 Posts
Default Feel bad for LocalGirl-try reading her post 1 here again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy View Post
I go to Shooters quite often and never have received a bad meal...was just there for buy one get one free breakfast last weekend. They were voted 1st or 2nd for best pizza in the state and the wings came in 5th. The burgers are always a good choice. The seafood is fresh...you post is the exact opposite of the meals I get. I see you are new to this site, maybe they shut you off and now your mad? You have 6 total post and 4 are complaining about Shooters.
She gets called out the first time she posted.

In post 1 here, she says: Well I've been there many many times, had never (until that last time) had such a horrible meal & experience. We decided to give it another try...

She unfortunately had a better experience as far as noise goes, but not as far as the food. She is giving an honest opinion and again gets blasted for it.

I believe in her earlier post she said she had hung around a lot but never posted. Well, I can't blame her if she doesn't post again.

Just because you disagree, don't call her out for being a new person. She has explained that she has been there often and seen a turn in the food, in her opinion.

Normally, I enjoy your posts, but I think you may be a little off base on this one. JMHO.
brk-lnt (12-28-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,062 Posts
Default Along the same line as Winnisquamguy's post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
It is funny how someone chastise a place and still go back? Sounds like a beef to me. If you don't like a place there are plenty of other places to choose from in the Lakes Region. Jeez!

I see no reason to call her out for posting only a few times and having something negative to say about Shooter's.

In this post, she states that she had been there often. She got a bad meal and had loud loud music. This time no bad, a positive thing, but again not a good meal.

Hey, she tried.

My wife and I went to O's a few years ago. It was so noisy with just conversation, our apps were cold, my steak tips were cool on a cold bed of veggies and rice. We would have complained if our waitress had been available. We swore we would never go back. However friends continually rave about the place and we tried it again. Food was great, service was great, still noisy. Not sure we would go back just because of the noise.

And for the record, we play golf at Lochmere, and frequent the restaurants all along rte 3. We have not been to Shooters because we have heard the food was so so, nothing to write home about, and it tended to be noisy and the bar crowd could be a little on the vulgar side.

I also enjoy most of your posts, Broadhopper, but feel you may be a little heavy handed . Again JMHO.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:37 AM   #8
dpg

Just the name Shooters migh keep some people away. Gives the place the stigma of a younger aged bar scene. Man am I getting old.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote