Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-01-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Restaurant .com

I received an email from the Coupon Mom website stating that you can purchase restaurant certificates for 90% off. It is only for today. The code word is WOW. I purchased a number of them for $7.00.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
colt17

Default Fine Print

Make sure you read the fine print before you buy. Most exclude weekends, they have min purchases, must buy two entrees, dinner only and does not apply to liquor.
colt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
AB_Monterey

I've been using these since 2006.

Fineprint or now, you can't beat a $25 gift certificate for $1 (with the 90%) off.

It's always a good idea to always read the fineprint. The site is much improved now. Any specific requirements now come up on the screen before you purchase the certificate.

I also love the fact that they now remove certificates that you've used from your account. I realize that you could always sort by used/unused but it's much cleaner now with just unused certificates.

Last edited by AB_Monterey; 10-01-2010 at 05:16 PM.
AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
Whimsey

Default How are Certificates Delivered?

I'm curious if they deliver the certificates "instantly" via email or download, or if something mailed to you? I'm not a great planner...so instant gratification is a plus.
Whimsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #5
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsey View Post
I'm curious if they deliver the certificates "instantly" via email or download, or if something mailed to you? I'm not a great planner...so instant gratification is a plus.
Yes, you can print the coupons immediately after you pay for them on your printer. You don't have to mail order them at all.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post:
Whimsey (10-03-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
lunch lady

what is the address of that site so I can try it. Thanks.
lunch lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
kauriel

Site is restaurant.com. Certificates usually sell for $10 but they often have specials to take an additional 50 - 90% off. I think right now they are 50% off with promotion code FRESH.

Couponcabin.com often has coupon codes and once you buy from restaurant.com you will receive emails about specials.

I stock up when they are 80 or 90% off and then use throughout the year
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
webmaster

Thanked 3,746 Times in 829 Posts
Default $25 certificates deals

Please click through this banner for more information or to purchase certificates:

webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
jetskier

Question Hmmm

I just noticed that T-Bones and Cactus Jacks are no longer listed on the restaurant.com webpage. Is this an oversight or did these restaurant withdraw from the program?

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #10
kauriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
I just noticed that T-Bones and Cactus Jacks are no longer listed on the restaurant.com webpage. Is this an oversight or did these restaurant withdraw from the program?

Jetskier
I just bought a certificate to Cactus Jacks about two weeks ago so I hope they are still participating! If not I guess I will contact them for refund. It seems more restaurants are participating now that summer is over so perhaps this is just an oversight or a brief withdrawal. I've posted on their facebook page to inquire. I'll let you know if I hear back : )
Old 11-17-2010, 06:54 AM   #11
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post

Jetskier
I get the impression that restaurants participate in the program sporadically to try and draw in new crowds. They don't make any real money on the coupons, so I'm not surprised if they don't offer the discount all the time.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:48 PM   #12
kauriel

Cactus Jacks confirmed they are currently not participating. I was surprised because winter seems to be the slower season and it seems that more restaurants have started participating. Oh well, I asked for a refund so I can try somewhere else. I was more interested in trying Lyon's Den anyway but they were closed last time we were up : )
Old 11-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #13
sa meredith

Default Catus Jacks/ TBones

While we are on the subject, for whatever it is worth...
Tbones/CJ are currently running their annual Gift Cert deal. And I believe it to be the most aggressive promotion offered by just about any restaurant...lakes region or other wise. (and no, I do not work there...it just happens to be my favorite spot at the lake, and I am a regular at their Salem, NH location.)
From now until Christmas, every $ 100 purchased in GC, returns $120 (20 bucks free)...but it gets better. For the first two weeks of the program (until 12/5/2010 I believe), if you are a "paybacks member" (and even if not, just sign up, it's free) every $100, returns $130 (30 bucks free). The best part? There is no limit. And all GC can be used at any of their 5 or 6 locations. And there are no restrictions (like food only, or things of that nature).
I know several regulars that spend 2 or 3 grand, and cover their whole year. Every $1000, returns $300 free dollars.
It's a complete "no brainer" (if you are able to part with the $). I spent $500 (returned $650), and hope to buy a bit more before the 5th.
As they have been in business since 1984 (26 years) I don't see a risk. Paying now stinks, but come next summer, having the 500/600 waiting around is nice.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #14
GTO

Default refund.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauriel View Post
Cactus Jacks confirmed they are currently not participating. I was surprised because winter seems to be the slower season and it seems that more restaurants have started participating. Oh well, I asked for a refund so I can try somewhere else. I was more interested in trying Lyon's Den anyway but they were closed last time we were up : )
Do you know if they would still accept a gift Cert. that you had previously purchased?
Old 11-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #15
AB_Monterey

Default Good question to ask

One of the restaurants we have a certificate to is no longer on the website but we called and confirmed that they will still accept certificates.
AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB_Monterey For This Useful Post:
GTO (11-19-2010), jetskier (11-19-2010)
Old 11-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #16
GUNNER

Default Cactus jacks/t-bones

In addition to the discounted gift certificates Cactus Jacks & T-Bones are now offering triple points all day Monday & Tuesday & double points all day Wednesday & Thursday thru mid April, 2011. So if you have a paybacks card & spend $32.34 for food & beverage on a Monday or Tuesday you earn a $10.00 certificate. That is a 30% discount.

Quite a deal if you combine that with the discounted gift certicates. If you spend $100.00 on gift certificates with a paybacks card & use them all on a Monday or Tuesday your $100.00 investment will add up to $166.00 worth of food &/or beverage. Best deal around.
GUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:30 AM   #17
Reilly

Default Patricks

Nov-24 Buy one gift certificate ,2nd Half Price
Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:09 AM   #18
brk-lnt

Restaurant.com has a new promo code: GOBBLE, which gets you 80% off.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:30 PM   #19
kauriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Do you know if they would still accept a gift Cert. that you had previously purchased?
I already exchanged it but heard afterward heard that Cactus Jacks would still honor it. Regardless I still would have exchanged though because we don't know when we will make it back up to use it. With the holidays coming we might not get to see the lake until 2011 : (
Old 11-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #20
Rattlesnake Guy

So what is the deal with Restaurant.com. If I use a certificate does the restaurant get any money from the purchase of the certificate or only if I spend more than the value?
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #21
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
So what is the deal with Restaurant.com. If I use a certificate does the restaurant get any money from the purchase of the certificate or only if I spend more than the value?
Well, you *have* to spend more than the value in most cases.

Even if the restaurant got 100% of the $5 you paid for the $25.00 gift certificate, they'd still be losing money.

IMO, these certs are a good way to try a new restaurant if you're unsure of it, but making a habit of dining only with a restaurant.com gift certificate is doing more harm than good.
baygo (11-21-2010), Rattlesnake Guy (11-21-2010)
Old 11-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #22
jetskier

Post That depends

I think that this depends upon what the bill amounts to. I just used a $25 certificate to bring down a bill from $150 to $125. Since this was a high end restaurant, I doubt that they were losing money on that bill. By the same token, I used a $25 certificate at another restaurant and the residual bill was $9. I am sure that they lost money.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #23
nerual721

Default Lyons' den

The restaurant.com gift certificates are usually designed with all the restrictions (two dinner entrees, minimum purchase requirement, etc.) so that we at least cover our cost on the meal. As the restaurant owner we do not receive any money for the certificate, but we get a new or return customer on a 'slower' night and the opportunity to make them a regular customer.

As for Gift Certificate Sales this time of year - most restaurants have something going on. The Lyons' Den Gift Certificates are currently Buy One get the second 50% off. That runs through November and then it goes to 40% for the first week of December, then 30% etc.

Kauriel - we were closed for the first 12 days of November - we do that every year to clean and take a little vacation - but we are now back to Tues - Sunday until Memorial Day, then it's seven days a week!
nerual721 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nerual721 For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Guy (11-22-2010)
Old 12-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #24
Lucky1

Default I miss you girl and miss my wonderful lake!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
I received an email from the Coupon Mom website stating that you can purchase restaurant certificates for 90% off. It is only for today. The code word is WOW. I purchased a number of them for $7.00.
I purchased a couple of coupons for Corner House late last fall but do not have a printer so cannot print them? When I get up there I will try to see what I can do as they do not send prints at all.

How is Sarah as I have written but don't hear anything so am a bit worried. I don't think I have your email. Can you PM it to me or I guess I can call if I get up there. Hate to disturb you really. Hope you are hale and hearty and having a wonderful Holiday Season at our heavenly haven!!! Off to the supermarket am I. Me PS I just don't know how I could not have known that street was there all these years but sure glad that I went to the Forum Fest and met you etc.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #25
Argie's Wife

Lucky1 - without a printer you can't print the coupons and therefore can't use them. However, if you have a yahoo, gmail, or other type of email address, you can go to a local library and print them there - of course, the library will charge you whatever small fee (usually a quarter per page or whatever) for use of their materials, but still...

OR... You can call Restaurant Dot Com and ask them to mail you the coupons. They can do that - I'm not clear if there's a fee or not.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #26
Argie's Wife

Now, just to add to the savings...

While Christmas shopping at BJ's wholesale, they had Restaurant.com gift cards at the cost of $8.50 for a $25 gift card to be used on the restaurant.com website.

Now, consider this:
You spend $8.50 for something with a value of $25.
Restaurant.com often runs a special where you can buy a $25 coupon for just $2.
At that rate, you could buy 12 coupons at $25 each at just $2 each - a $300 value.
So... $8.50 can get $300 value of restaurant food.
That's a bargain!
Old 12-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #27
kauriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
Now, just to add to the savings...

While Christmas shopping at BJ's wholesale, they had Restaurant.com gift cards at the cost of $8.50 for a $25 gift card to be used on the restaurant.com website.

Now, consider this:
You spend $8.50 for something with a value of $25.
Restaurant.com often runs a special where you can buy a $25 coupon for just $2.
At that rate, you could buy 12 coupons at $25 each at just $2 each - a $300 value.
So... $8.50 can get $300 value of restaurant food.
That's a bargain!
Be careful because you may not be able to pay for restaurant.com certificates with those cards. I know when I buy restaurant.com gift certificates directly from restaurant.com they are only good for denomination purchased (e.g., $25 purchased for $2 can be redeemed for $25 gift certificate to specific restaurant).

I checked and if you add a restaurant.com certificate to shopping cart and click checkout there is no option to pay via gift card. I would check it out before buying these because you might wind up over paying!