Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-04-2024, 01:08 PM   #1
The Real BigGuy

Default How to fix your older Raymarine MFD showing 'NOFIX' for GPS status

Boat is still on its trailer, off lake in MA.

It is a raymarine antenna for a raymarine RC435 chartplotter. I’m wondering if it is just an issue with an old chartplotter. Unfortunately Raymarine no longer supports it. oh well!

Ideas for a replacement? I only use it for navigation. Don’t really need sonar, etc. I don’t use it all that often so I’d like to be economical.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Real BigGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 03:28 PM   #2
Rich

This is a totally different unit.

I found a users manual online, and there is a brief mention of an internal battery. It's in the head unit somewhere, but who knows the type of battery, and how successful you will be if you replace it.

You certainly will lose any saved data or setup information. Of course, if the battery is dead, your data will probably already be gone!

It's up to you if you want to try to open the head unit and take a chance. If it's not working now, you'll have to buy a new one either way. You may be able to replace the battery and revive the unit. If you do replace the battery, I suggest performing a factory reset after you reassemble it to initialize the data.

If you've never taken apart delicate electronics before, perhaps get some help. Static electricity from just touching things inside can cause more damage.

If you were local to me, I could look over your shoulders and give you guidance, but it's difficult to give instructions via web postings.