Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2022, 10:12 PM   #1
missmybid

Default Boat Transportation Company Recommendations

Hi Everyone,

I am considering transporting a boat from down south to NH . I am looking for recommendations for boat transportation companies and also any advice from people who have experience in doing this.

Thank you.
missmybid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:25 PM   #2
Woodsy

Default Miles Marine!

Miles Marine of GIlford! The BEST hands down! Miles hauls most of if not all of the high end and oversize boats in New England!

Brad and his crew are the best!

Woodsy
GregW11 (06-30-2022), missmybid (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 11:07 PM   #3
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

Miles Marine, without a doubt. They've done two boats for me, one from Gloucester and one from Great Bay.
They coordinated with marinas on both ends, permits, state police. lead and chase cars, bridge measurements, everything.
They've also done some local hauling for me from marina to a specialty shop and return in the off season.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:49 AM   #4
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts
Default Miles Marine

Miles Marine if you want it done right! Most of the biggest boats on the lake, including the Spirit, were brought here by Miles Marine. They are a great family that every marina on the lake uses for their large boat hauling. They have trucks going to and from Florida almost every week.
Attached Images

TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 06:48 AM   #5
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

I agree, we used Miles Marine to bring our boat from Irwin to the east side of the lake every year for many years. Irwin was the only one with a big enough lift. They were wonderful to work with. I think he died, is his wife still running the business?
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2022, 08:31 AM   #6
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I agree, we used Miles Marine to bring our boat from Irwin to the east side of the lake every year for many years. Irwin was the only one with a big enough lift. They were wonderful to work with. I think he died, is his wife still running the business?
Yes, Craig's wife Paula is still there and in the office 6 or 7 days a week. If you call you are likely to get her on the phone.

I first met them in 1995 when I had a 34 foot Silverton transported from Alexandria Bay, NY to the lake. Back then, Craig did all the driving.

Two sons, Brad and Mike Miles, have grown up in the business and do most all of the driving for the big boat transports. They have a great crew behind them taking care of a lot of boats from spring launch to winterizing and storage.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:12 PM   #7
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Yes, Craig's wife Paula is still there and in the office 6 or 7 days a week. If you call you are likely to get her on the phone.

I first met them in 1995 when I had a 34 foot Silverton transported from Alexandria Bay, NY to the lake. Back then, Craig did all the driving.

Two sons, Brad and Mike Miles, have grown up in the business and do most all of the driving for the big boat transports. They have a great crew behind them taking care of a lot of boats from spring launch to winterizing and storage.
They hauled our boats before that. We have had two big ones. I only remember her and her husband. Very, very nice people.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote