Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
Shore Driver

Thumbs up Ledgewater Steakhouse, or Anyone Remember Cliff Lodge?

Hello all,

I wanted to post a new, very positive dining experience I had this week. I know Newfound Lake is a bit out of the way, but for those of you who remember the Cliff Lodge, this should be welcome news.

Monday night we joined some friends who are on Newfound in Bridgewater for a night out. The Cliff Lodge was supposedly razed and replaced with condos many years ago, or so the story always went. Well guess what? Never happened. The property sat vacant for years (I think 7) and was bought this spring by a couple who also opened The Big Catch on 3A in Bristol. It is now called Ledgewater Steakhouse, and the place has been completely renovated, very fresh and modern decor, exterior is now a sunny yellow. Bar now faces the sunset. We sat outside on the deck which is refurbished, and better than I remembered it! The old tree through the middle is gone replaced by a fountain. Nice touch there. We got there just in time for the sunset over Firescrew. Awesome!

And now the food....

I had a ribeye that is among the best I have ever had, and that includes Capital Grill. It was huge, thick, nicely charred outside and perfectly medium inside. A fantastic piece of meat. Price was a reasonable $27 and I paired it with reasonable and quite good glass of $7 house wine. Margaritas were served in real Margarita glasses. All the members of my party were pleased with their meals as well, and the Calimari app was not fried by sauteed in butter, very fresh and tasty!

So if you remember the Cliff Lodge, it is now even better than it was then. Hard to believe I know - I am still in shock how good it was. I spoke with the owner Tammy, who told us they will be open June-Oct only along with their other place, which sits right across from 3A at the bottom of the Ledgewater driveway.

They have only been open 2 weeks but we needed a res for a 7:45 seating, so the word is already out. Easily worth the trip!
Shore Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shore Driver For This Useful Post:
jkjoshuatree (08-10-2011)