Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-03-2021, 07:57 AM   #1
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Well you just gave us the truth so I guess we must believe the world is doomed and there's nothing we can do to change that out come.
I never said that the world was doomed nor did I imply it is. Those are your words. All I said was the climate has been ever changing including getting warmer since the ice age.
That is a fact like it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 08:05 AM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,073 Times in 678 Posts

You also said "there is very little we can do about it", your words. If we do nothing we are doomed to failure, my words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I never said that the world was doomed nor did I imply it is. Those are your words. All I said was the climate has been ever changing including getting warmer since the ice age.
That is a fact like it or not.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 08:13 AM   #3
joey2665

Default Washout Holiday Weekends

Quote:
You also said "there is very little we can do about it", your words. If we do nothing we are doomed to failure, my words.

Honestly this is why I very rarely post here anymore you take my words and twist them into a pretzel. Just because the earth is warming doesn’t mean that we’re doomed it’s a slow process and yes we may have to adapt and make changes

The fact is there is very little we can do and the earth is warming and the main reason is not caused by mankind although they do contribute to it.

Do you think after the Ice Age the earth just said well I’m going to come up with this one climate and it’s gonna be the same for the next million years?

Bait somebody else into an argument have a nice Fourth of July

The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
Seaplane Pilot (07-03-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 08:23 AM   #4
Seaplane Pilot

Default Just more liberal snake oil

I suppose Greta Thunberg is the resident expert on global warming (ooops - now the PC term is “climate change”)….

It’s complete nonsense to think that humans would have the ability to manipulate the earth’s climate that has been doing its thing for a few billion years. 500 experts wrote a letter to the UN stating that there’s no climate emergency. I suppose they’re all quacks too???

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/there...nited-nations/
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (07-03-2021), SAMIAM (07-05-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 08:38 AM   #5
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
I suppose Greta Thunberg is the resident expert on global warming (ooops - now the PC term is “climate change”)….

It’s complete nonsense to think that humans would have the ability to manipulate the earth’s climate that has been doing its thing for a few billion years. 500 experts wrote a letter to the UN stating that there’s no climate emergency. I suppose they’re all quacks too???

Nobody has asserted that Thunberg is a scientific expert.

Nobody but shills for the coal and oil industries is still signing letters like the one you cite. Even oil company CEOs acknowledge global warming and that we have to change

Last edited by FlyingScot; 07-03-2021 at 09:20 AM.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2021, 08:50 AM   #6
Biggd

Everyone is a little testy this morning, must be the rain.
It's alright for people to have different opinions but we shouldn't turn this thread political.
As everyone can see by the posts it falls on the political line to the left and right.
Old 07-03-2021, 08:55 AM   #7
knowit

We need this rain big time. I am very thankful for it. Sorry for you tourists, but Monday is gonna be sunny and warm!
knowit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knowit For This Useful Post:
map (07-03-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 08:57 AM   #8
knowit

Let it rain!
Attached Images

knowit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:12 AM   #9
ApS

Arrow Expect Change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowit View Post
Let it rain!
Just a thought for those who've had mature trees taken down recently.

The presence of trees keeps strong winds from uprooting their nearby neighbor-trees. Now that the earth is saturated, we can expect more loss of trees.

A neighbor had his adjacent lot evaluated for building on. The environmental survey (of which I have a copy) wrote, "Unsuitable for structures". Ten years ago, that soggy lot was sold and built upon. Most of the trees between our lots have been incrementally blown over in the same direction.

On the other side of our place, the majority are straight, as a forest of trees would be expected to be. Most within 50-feet of the water are leaning over the lake. Most of those have been affected by erosion: Large boulders are sliding in. Some actually fall, and are even heard--as they roll in.

All this rain will have consequences.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:32 PM   #10
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post

The presence of trees keeps strong winds from uprooting their nearby neighbor-trees. Now that the earth is saturated, we can expect more loss of trees.

A neighbor had his adjacent lot evaluated for building on. The environmental survey (of which I have a copy) wrote, "Unsuitable for structures". Ten years ago, that soggy lot was sold and built upon. Most of the trees between our lots have been incrementally blown over in the same direction.

On the other side of our place, the majority are straight, as a forest of trees would be expected to be. Most within 50-feet of the water are leaning over the lake. Most of those have been affected by erosion: Large boulders are sliding in. Some actually fall, and are even heard--as they roll in.

I'm hoping we do not see a hurricane hit this area this year (actually I hope one never hits this area).

A bad hurricane will tip over trees like pins falling in a bowling alley because the ground is so saturated.
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:09 AM   #11
garysanfran

It appears the Lake level is continuing to rise. My dock is now underwater with weights holding the boards in place. When will it go down? It appears Lakeport dam is operating at near full capacity discharge...
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 04:08 PM   #12
Descant

Thanked 1,525 Times in 987 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post

Even though some trees may be 100 years old, they don't have deep root systems, since much of NH doesn't have deep dirt. Hate to lose the trees, but better to be the "Granite State" than the "Deep Dirt" state. Walking though the (~100 acres) woods behind our camp, we find huge pines that have blown down despite being several hundred feet into theprotection of other trees. Sometimes, a really big one will get hit by lightning and explode like a firecracker. Shards can be found stuck in the ground many feet away from the tree base. It is intriguing to wander through woods that have not been managed, harvested or otherwise maintained for over 100 years after the sheep stopped grazing the land.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 10:11 AM   #13
joey2665

Quote:
Everyone is a little testy this morning, must be the rain.

It's alright for people to have different opinions but we shouldn't turn this thread political.

As everyone can see by the posts it falls on the political line to the left and right.
First of all my post specifically was not political secondly, it is OK to have different opinions just don’t twist my opinion around like you did and don’t leave my replies under the guise of being testy after spinning my statement to fit your narrative

Old 07-03-2021, 10:14 AM   #14
Biggd

I rest my case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
First of all my post specifically was not political secondly, it is OK to have different opinions just don’t twist my opinion around like you did and don’t leave my replies under the guise of being testy after spinning my statement to fit your narrative

Old 07-03-2021, 09:13 AM   #15
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post

Not this again:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-...gency/11734966

https://medium.com/wedonthavetime/th...n-bec387e679c4

https://climatefeedback.org/claimrev...nce-breitbart/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote