Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2021, 06:42 AM   #1
trfour

Exclamation Covid-19 Rise

Doctor; https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-says-rcna5907

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
Old 11-18-2021, 09:55 AM   #2
John Mercier

Good news.
I was locked out by being too young, not in the right industry, and not unhealthy enough.

My six months literally ended today.
Old 11-18-2021, 01:40 PM   #3
trfour

Be well John.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
Old 11-21-2021, 10:33 PM   #4
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
Good news.
I was locked out by being too young, not in the right industry, and not unhealthy enough.

My six months literally ended today.
18 and older approved by FDA on the Nov 19th.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...ccine-boosters

I know lots of younger folks in multiple states getting their booster Monday.

Kinda scary that the Vaccine(s) are waning so soon.
Old 11-21-2021, 10:50 PM   #5
John Mercier

I think it is because of the variants.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
trfour (11-21-2021)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2021, 08:12 AM   #6
MeredithMan

Default one data point...

My daughter is an RN in the ER at Concord Hospital. She reports that they have been getting slammed of late with a lot of Corona patients. The vaccinated are mildly sick and this group is a small minority of the total. The vast majority are the un-vaccinated and are severely sick, many with no underlying health conditions or "co-morbidities", and are relatively young, (20's-50's).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post:
mswlogo (11-22-2021), trfour (11-22-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 09:39 AM   #7
WinnisquamZ

During this whole event we have rarely heard anything out of Concord Hospital. Glad to hear they are keeping it together. Over this time I have had two major surgeries and my experience dealing with them has been terrific. Can’t use enough good words when people ask.
Only one time over two years did someone ask me about my vaccine status. Just once. I was told by a RN, no one cares, it’s your choice. But, it’s here if I was not vaccinated and wanted it.
Would like to ask your daughter why vaccinated individuals with minor symptoms are hanging out at the ER? Seems like a terrible thing to do for ones own health.
Please tell her for me to keep up the good work and thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post:
MeredithMan (11-22-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 09:52 AM   #8
LikeLakes

A friend of mine had a very long wait at the Concord Hospital emergency room for a non covid emergency. They were told, and observed, that covid related health issues were causing a lot of stress on the capacity and workforce, and nearly all of those cases were for unvaccinated people.

In the article the OP linked, here's one line:

"Although the CDC has been tracking the rate of hospitalizations among fully vaccinated people, its website shows data only through Aug. 28."

This is one of the many reasons that Rochelle Walensky should be fired, actually should have been in May and June. She may be a fine doctor but is incompetent at leading the agency and messaging to the public.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:29 AM   #9
WinnisquamZ

Must say, when haven’t we had a very long wait at a ER. It’s been like that for decades. Guessing you dislike their management staff for other reasons then the ER

Old 11-22-2021, 10:41 AM   #10
MeredithMan

Default very true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeLakes View Post
A friend of mine had a very long wait at the Concord Hospital emergency room for a non covid emergency. They were told, and observed, that covid related health issues were causing a lot of stress on the capacity and workforce, and nearly all of those cases were for unvaccinated people.
My daughter has reported similar observations. The people who are waiting, (and their family/friends that brought them there), then get bitchy and start verbally abusing the staff. The staff is exhausted and burned out, so they call out "sick", which further handicaps the hospital's ability to deal with patients coming in, and so on, and so on.... The hospital is now offering huge incentives for staff to come in on their off days to help deal with the workload
The Following User Says Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post:
trfour (11-22-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 10:53 AM   #11
LikeLakes

Agree on that. My friends were polite and very patient, and were thanked for that. They observed many not-so-patient patients.

WinnisquamZ, just because I make a statement about an experience friends have does not mean I "dislike their management staff for other reasons."
The Following User Says Thank You to LikeLakes For This Useful Post:
trfour (11-22-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 01:32 PM   #12
WinnisquamZ

But, you mention R Walensky in your writing saying she is incompetent and should be fired. One can read that as dislike

Old 11-22-2021, 02:37 PM   #13
LikeLakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
But, you mention R Walensky in your writing saying she is incompetent and should be fired. One can read that as dislike

I think I'm having a hard time following when you are referencing Concord Hospital and when you are referencing the CDC.

On CDC - I admire and appreciate the agency. I think it's one of the true gems we have here in the US and we have fared better through the pandemic because of their good work. The leadership of CDC needs to be able to convey confidence, competence, explain the good work done there, and answer to criticism leveled at them. Sometimes that includes admitting mis-steps, sometimes it is simply explaining policy and science.

It is my feeling that Walensky has failed to provide those qualities. The confidence in the CDC has suffered from this. I believe she should be replaced, and I don't think there would be any political fallout from doing so.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:54 PM   #14
SailinAway

One of the lessons of the above discussion about Concord Hospital---and I have believed this since day 1 of the pandemic---is that you have to do everything you can right now to stay healthy and stay out of hospitals because (a) your chances of getting the timely care you need at the hospital aren't that great and (b) you risk exposure to Covid at the hospital. Way back in March 2020 I started improving my diet and exercise and it paid off---I've needed very little medical care since then and was able to skip shoulder replacement surgery as a result of home exercise. I'm also paying more attention to risky things (no more bungie jumping).

A big disappointment about Concord Hospital is that it took them until this fall to mandate vaccines for their employees. Remember that they have thousands of employees spread over a lot of different local practices, not just the three hospitals. That's a lot of exposures for their patients.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:04 PM   #15
LikeLakes

First, congrats on the healthier habits! Though, I think you should consider staying with the bungee jumping, got to have some fun. J/K! I totally agree with you, staying healthy is the best way to stay healthy, if you know what I mean.

On CH, the vaccination mandate came with some serious complications. They are losing staff to other hospitals/agencies that do not have mandates, it has caused severe staffing issues at Concord Hospital. Please understand I'm not making a comment on mandates being good or bad, just stating what I've learned from some long time staff members there.
The Following User Says Thank You to LikeLakes For This Useful Post:
DotRat (11-22-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 09:09 AM   #16
MeredithMan

Default An interesting comment from last night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
My daughter is an RN in the ER at Concord Hospital. She reports that they have been getting slammed of late with a lot of Corona patients. The vaccinated are mildly sick and this group is a small minority of the total. The vast majority are the un-vaccinated and are severely sick, many with no underlying health conditions or "co-morbidities", and are relatively young, (20's-50's).
When she got home last evening, my daughter mentioned that she heard an interesting comment from one pretty sick 'rona patient. She asked him if he had been vaccinated and he replied he didn't get it for "political reasons". She said she must have had a puzzled look on her face, because he then followed up with, "it's a shot for Democrats and I'm not a Democrat". He unfortunately ended up in the ICU.

Many times over the last two years, I have found myself wondering what would have happened if we had been so fractured as a society during the Polio epidemic. My mother's first husband died at 29 from Polio during that epidemic. Her two sons, who were about 6 and 4 at the time, both got it as well, and while they ended up in the hospital, (at the same time their father was dying in the hospital), they came through OK. I always remember my parents--especially my mother--and other people of that generation, being in awe of Jonas Salk from coming up with the Polio vaccine. They worshiped him and there was just no question of whether someone would be vaccinated.

It's unfortunate that from the beginning, the politicians, the media, the "influencers" on the internet--on both sides of the issue--used Corona for their own personal gain and agendas, as opposed to coming together for the good of all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post:
DEJ (11-23-2021), TCC (11-23-2021), trfour (11-23-2021), upthesaukee (11-23-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 11:03 AM   #17
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
It's unfortunate that from the beginning, the politicians, the media, the "influencers" on the internet--on both sides of the issue--used Corona for their own personal gain and agendas, as opposed to coming together for the good of all.
With the possible exception of Andrew Cuomo and his book, I am not aware of any leading Democrat who has "used" COVID. (And even Cuomo did a pretty good job while he was using it.) Plenty of politicians have done a really good job--Sununu, Baker, Biden, to include both parties. Meanwhile, dozens of leading Republicans have scoffed at anti-COVID measures, encouraging many to object on political grounds to a scientific approach--as the patient did.

So I'm sad to hear about the person you describe, but I do not think the sides share the blame equally.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
mswlogo (11-24-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 06:20 PM   #18
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeLakes View Post
First, congrats on the healthier habits! Though, I think you should consider staying with the bungee jumping, got to have some fun. J/K! I totally agree with you, staying healthy is the best way to stay healthy, if you know what I mean.

On CH, the vaccination mandate came with some serious complications. They are losing staff to other hospitals/agencies that do not have mandates, it has caused severe staffing issues at Concord Hospital. Please understand I'm not making a comment on mandates being good or bad, just stating what I've learned from some long time staff members there.
It would probably hit all of them, since they accept Medicare/Medicaid.