Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
capybarus

Default Refrigerator repair in Wolfeboro?

Does anyone know who to call with a refrigerator issue? Ours is suddenly not cooling enough. I am currently waiting for a callback from our AC person, but not sure, if there is anyone more specialized needed to troubleshoot refrigerators... Thanks!
capybarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
Lakeboater

Default Clean coils

Did you try blowing out the bottom of the frig with a compressor or vaccuming out the bottom around the coils? Sometimes that's all that is needed. I find blowing out with a compressor works best....but a little messy. Does a better job than the vaccum.
Lakeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #3
DesertDweller

Wells Appliance Repair. They are in Wolfeboro. Not sure all of the specific brands they work on but they repaired our LG refrigerator.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:40 PM   #4
DickR

This came up a couple of years back. Do a search here. I posted a reply there, detailing how it may just be an evaporator coil in the freezer section clogged with ice, overwhelming the defrost cycle. You'd still get some cooling, but nowhere near enough. The fix would be a manual defrost, perhaps with the help of a hair dryer to speed things up. The cause could be too much heavy stuff loaded against a panel covering the coil, especially if it's an aluminum panel. If I find that thread, I'll post a link here.

Edit: here are two links for you to read:
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...erator+defrost
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...erator+defrost
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:35 PM   #5
capybarus

Default Thank you...

...for taking time to share the tips. I tried all these quick fixes. The refrigerator was running only since early July and the freezer was mostly empty (save for a few pints of ice cream), so there was no ice build up in the freezer. I also moved the fridge further away from the wall and let it rest before plugging back in (in case compressor got stuck off-cycle). Yet, nothing helped - when I plug it back in it starts "cooling". Seems like even the compressor kicks in. The copper coil going into the inside even turns very cold for about half a minute and then it warms up and stays only slightly cold. The fridge continues to run on end with barely noticeable cooling... So, I guess, I will have to try the appliance repair...
capybarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2015, 08:56 AM   #6
Kerk

Default Refrig.

My backup -Beer frig. was a gift from a friend in 82 when his wife wanted it out of the cellar . Shelf was held up with a wood prop! Still works fine and every year when I plug it in I think this will the end! Still works and only use or have on when needed for co or space. 33 years & Island camp . kc
Kerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #7
TheProfessor

Brand, Model, and age would help.

Is this a big Sub Zero or a common Hotpoint?

I had one quit. I bought a replacement switch. Replaced switch, and all has worked well for another 5+ years.

If the compressor is not working there has to be a reason. Either the compressor is broken or the signal to the compressor is not working.

Obviously, some refrigerators can be much more complicated.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:49 PM   #8
Smokienorm

Default Refrigerator Service in the Lakes Region

Wells Appliance Service in Wolfeboro. Tel 569-1723.
Smokienorm is offline   Reply With Quote