Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2005, 12:07 PM   #1
PHDIII

Default Pepper's Double Stuffed lobster roll

We tried the new double stuffed lobster roll at Pepper's today------really outstanding. Every one should try it.
PHDIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 06:39 PM   #2
trfour

Thumbs up "What did I tell you, son!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHDIII
We tried the new double stuffed lobster roll at Pepper's today------really outstanding. Every one should try it.
Being from The Lakes Region, and enjoying the Awesome food, Lobster rolls over there since years now, before ( "The Double"
) , I have always ordered two anyways ......... " Lots of Love over there as well"
Come see and sea!
Love,
T

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html

Last edited by trfour; 06-10-2005 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Darn it, I'm so old, I need to go back to School to refresh my spelling
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:02 AM   #3
SIKSUKR

When on the lake Sunday afternoon,we planned on going to get one and finally meeting the almighty "Pepper".Unfortunatly,that big thunderstorm about 5:00 changed all that.There's always next week! SS
Old 06-13-2005, 09:33 AM   #4
Pepper

Default Almighty?

SS, I'm sorry the storm kept you from visiting this week. Itchinforfishin' was disappointed yesterday also, when he arrived after the lightning bolt put our power out.

I'll be looking forward to meeting you when you do have a chance, but I fear that if you're expecting "almighty" I might be disappointing you! My lobster rolls are mighty good, my hugs are mighty strong, and this week is mighty hot and humid, but I'm a long way off from almighty.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:40 PM   #5
SIKSUKR

Ok,Ok Pepper,how about "the one and only"?I actually drove down 11b from B-Maes to the weirs bridge,took a left past the restaraunt and down Paugus Bay feeling a little guilty about not stopping.I was trailering a boat which made it very difficult to find a place to park,this being motorcycle week and all,so I went to a friends place near Christmas Island to drop it and thats when the skies opened up.Just makes me want a lobsta roll even more.Are there certain days/times you don't work so I won't miss you? SS
Old 06-14-2005, 09:19 AM   #6
jkjoshuatree

Thumbs up Hey Pepper...

I'm sorry to say that I've never tried your lobstah rolls even though I've been coming to the lake for over 30 years. I tried two other well-known (they shall remain nameless) restaurants that are "famous" for their lobster and have come to realize that one has gone downhill (rapidly) over the past few years and the other one was marginal at best.

My family and I are staying at the Naswa July 9th-14th and you can bet that we'll be over. I've been telling my girlfriend how everyone on this site raves about your double stuffed rolls and she can't wait to try one. See you soon.

Jay
Old 06-27-2005, 09:52 AM   #7
gtxrider

Default How does one eat a double stuff?

I finally went the Waldo Peppers last week. I had a single stuff and it was delish. How do you eat a double?

I met Pepper and Mr. Pepper and of coarse the question was asked "I'm from Jersey you from Jersey?" Nice people great food!
I'll be back!
gtxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:15 PM   #8
Zee

Default A single stuffs me just fine.

We also went to Waldo Pepper's this weekend. Husband had their excellent shredded pork sandwich, I had the single lobsta roll. YUM. We also had the pleasure of introducing ourselves to Pepper. She is a great conversationalist and a great asset to the establishment. (aside from the lobsta rolls of course)
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:04 PM   #9
phoenix

how do you fit anymore lobster on the hot dog roll for double stuffed
Old 06-27-2005, 04:48 PM   #10
KBoater

Thumbs up Visit

I did my tour(by car) of the lake today. I met Pepper and sampled the great lobster. I had a fun conversation and learned a few thing. My friend had a turkey sandwich and raved about it.
I'm putting Pepper on my tour attraction list.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:11 PM   #11
RLW

Smile Who or what is first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee
. (aside from the lobsta rolls of course)
Are you putting PEPPER second to the lobster roll?
Old 06-27-2005, 07:39 PM   #12
Resident 2B

Default Waldo Peppers

We have just recently bought "a place" near the Weirs, with a great view up Meredith Bay. It is something we have planned and worked for for many years.

The biggest plus is our location. The view is great, but the biggest plus is that we can take a five-minute walk to Waldo Pepper's. By far, they make the best subs in the area, possibly in all of New England. We have not, as yet, tried the pizza, but we hope to very soon. Everything they serve is very fresh, the service is great and it is a great value when you consider the quality.

I do not know Pepper (or Mr. Pepper) as yet, but I enjoy her posts to this web site. This is a totally unsolicited post. If you are in the area and looking to have a great meal, stop in to the shop located just below the red airplane as you approach the Weirs on Route 3. You will be happy you made the stop!
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:27 PM   #13
Lexxi

Default Lobster Rolls

Hey Pepper,

How have you guys been??? I didn't think the Lobster Roll could get any better. Really sounds like you have quite a fan club !!! But then of course we knew that, cuz we were one of the first fans to start the club, but of course with some help from WaldoPeppers !!!!!

Miss you guys, see you soon.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:32 PM   #14
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxi
Hey Pepper,

How have you guys been??? I didn't think the Lobster Roll could get any better. Really sounds like you have quite a fan club !!! But then of course we knew that, cuz we were one of the first fans to start the club, but of course with some help from WaldoPeppers !!!!!

Miss you guys, see you soon.
Lexxi, you were our VERY FIRST forum member fan! I miss seeing you, and can't wait for your first trip up this year. Tell me it's soon!?!?!?!?

Indeed this weekend was a wonderful collection of forum friends! I had the pleasure of visiting with GTXRider, Zee, FLBoater, JustSold and TRFour! I was even afforded the privledge of introducing two of them to one another (Man I love when that happens!)

Resident2B, if you've been in to the place you've almost certainly met me - just not formally, yet! Please be sure to introduce yourself next visit in, and thanks so much for the kind words!

Phoenix - it's a bit of a heap, and best attacked with a fork first!

GTXRider - I'm not gonna tell that big fella from Jersey that you called him "Mr. Pepper".

And to all of you - thank you, for enriching my life so much, and for making my job so very much fun!

Pepper
Old 06-27-2005, 11:19 PM   #15
Resident 2B

Pepper, you and your staff have earned my kind words. Keep up the great work!

I will be away from the lake for a few weeks, but I will visit Waldo Pepper's sometime during the week of July 11th. We are big Nascar fans and this the big week at Loudon. This is another reason we are now "part-time" living in this great area. We are full-time Residents 2B!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:26 PM   #16
Pepper

Thumbs up To Be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B
Quote:
Pepper, you and your staff have earned my kind words. Keep up the great work!
Thank you! We'll do our very best to continue to live up to your praise!

Quote:
We are full-time Residents 2B!
OK, Now I get it! It's not "Unit 2B" It's "To Be"! Cute! Very Cute!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:39 PM   #17
Resident 2B

You got it.

I am now dealing with changing my "Winni.com name" or keeping it.
I wish I had the foresight of "LakeGezzer" He is way beyond my planning horizon!

See you soon!
Old 06-28-2005, 05:11 AM   #18
codeman671

Default The hype...

We will be up for the week of the 4th and can't wait to stop by and find out what the hype is about regarding this lobster roll. If its as good as people say I may camp out in the parking lot for the week!
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:23 PM   #19
Mr. V

For those of you (like me) who can't stand the idea of eating lobster ("giant crayfish"), do not lose heart.

They make an excellent cheese steak (get it with the works), and the pizza is real good, too.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:06 AM   #20
jetskier

Thumbs down Lobster Roll

Wow, I hate to be the voice of discontent, but we went to Peppers this past weekend to try the lobster roll. My wife and I ordered the standard single stuffed lobster roll (cold, not the hot version) and we were equally unimpressed. We received a hot dog roll with a small scoop of lobster. My wife ordered fries with hers and my daughter opted for a hot dog with onion rings. The lobster roll with fries was about $11...pretty lofty for a small roll and a fairly paultry scoop of lobster salad. I would not say that it stands up to the lobster roll at McCormick and Schmidt (Boston) or even the lobster roll that McDonalds was offering a couple of years back.

Incidently, the hot dog was soggy and my daughter would not eat it. All in all pretty disappointing of over $30 for lunch and high expectations.
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:03 PM   #21
rrr

jetskier- I'm afraid you are not alone. after reading all the rave reviews here, I dragged my better half (who lives for lobster) over. unfortunately, we left with the same impression as you. I was afraid it was just us!
rrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:41 PM   #22
PROPELLER

Its too bad you did not have the same experience many others have had. If you had a small amount of Lobster, you could have talked to Pepper, she is very accomodating.

As far as calling it Lobster salad, its not Lobster salad which is usually Langostinos or some other seafood salad that some restaurants pass off as Lobster. Waldo Peppers Lobster roll is real chunks of Lobster. As far as using a hot dog roll, I have never had a Lobster Roll in any other type of roll, I think that is pretty standard. Try someplace like the Tamarack or Wolfetrap & I think you will see the difference. I have tried them both & they are not even in the same universe compared with Waldo's.

Except for when McDonalds offers the Lobster Roll $11 is about what most places charge & sometimes that is for something that is not even real Lobster.

Last edited by PROPELLER; 06-29-2005 at 02:45 PM.
PROPELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:55 PM   #23
phoenix

like all restaurants at the lake some people thing they are great and others would rather eat anywhere else. I personally thing Pepper's is great . No false advertising lobster roll and filling with mystery fish like some others at the lake. personal service and as far as the price lobster is high right now so it will be everywhere. What is great about this site is you get all views and can make your own judgement but if you believe in batting averages pepper is hitting about 950 -- not bad
Old 06-29-2005, 06:33 PM   #24
jetskier

Smile Lobster Roll Ad Infinitum

I never thought that I would get into a debate regarding lobster rolls.

However, I agree that I probably mis-spoke calling it lobster salad. It was clearly lobster meat and mayo. However, it was a small portion on a small hot dog roll essentially heavy on the mayo and light on the lobster. IMHO, the portion was small for the $11 price (with fries) in that a lobster roll at McCormick and Schmidt (Fanuel Hall) was about $15 for a much larger portion on a larger roll with large chunks of lobster and side dishes. IMHO there was nothing special about this lobster roll and I would rate it very low. If we are focusing on improvement, here are my suggestions:

- Larger portion heavier on the lobster meat and lighter on the mayo
- Larger pieces of lobster
- A larger (potentially toasted) roll
- Lettuce is sometimes good to keep the mayo etc from making the roll soggy
- A side as a throw-in would be nice.

Sorry to disagree with the consensus, but I call them as I see them. In fairness, I never talked to Pepper about my observations and they might have been willing to make adjustments.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:18 PM   #25
Lake Lady 6

Default Waldo Pepper Lobster Rolls

Now that a few different opinions have appeared I feel better about sharing my experience with a Waldo lobster roll. After reading the postings this past winter I was looking forward to trying their lobster roll - was not impressed at all - hot dog roll with a small amount of lobster. Is there a different lobster roll available that the forum members order which is "double stuffed"? Sawyer's has a much better lobster roll just packed with lobster meat & little mayo.

We did not introduce ourselves but Pepper was there. Everything we have read is true. Great personality, very accommodating, great smile and made the visit worth our while.
Lake Lady 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 11:09 PM   #26
Pepper

Jetskier, rrr, and LakeLady6 first allow me to express my regret that you did not thoroughly enjoy your meal. Those who visit regularly know that I check on customers whenever I am able, and I want to know EVERY TIME about ANYTHING that is not satisfactory. Apparently I was not able to check on you while you were dining, or perhaps you opted not to raise the flag, if I did stop by your table.

With regard to the portions available, we offer our standard single-stuffed roll, which weighs precisely one quarter pound, and our new double-stuffed roll, which weighs precisely one half pound. This weight is carefully portioned on a digital scale. As is typical of this time of year, we have many new staff members, and some are still learning how we do things. It is entirely possible that you received portions that contained only smaller pieces, and too much mayo. This could be a result of failure to stir properly, or some other failure to follow our procedures. There is no excuse for this, and I will vigilantly guard against it happening again. You have my word on this.

With regard to the portion and the pricing, lobster prices are currently at record high. We honestly feel the $9.75 price for the standard single stuffed and $16.95 for the double stuffed are extremely fair. Additionally, we couldn’t agree more that lettuce in the roll is a key factor in keeping the lobster from making the roll limp. That’s why every lobster roll is served on a grilled roll, with a small nest of shredded lettuce placed inside before stuffing with lobster. For those that prefer ungrilled rolls, or no lettuce, we happily accommodate those requests.

We’re glad that each of you have posted your experiences, and hope that on another occasion you’ll try us again. We sincerely hope that if your next visit is not ONE HUNDRED PERCENT satisfactory, that you will bring it to our attention at once! Customer satisfaction and enjoyment are our NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!
Old 06-30-2005, 06:55 AM   #27
fpartri497

Default waldo peppers

pepper:

my wife and i had lunch in your fine establishment about a month ago, for the first time in our lives and found it to be GREAAAAAT !!! we both had your giant loberster rolls the best we have ever had hands down. we will be back.

thank you pepper

fpartri497
Old 06-30-2005, 07:54 AM   #28
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Red face Sawyer's Lobster Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Lady 6
Sawyer's has a much better lobster roll just packed with lobster meat & little mayo.
LL6, I live near Sawyer's and I have not seen this on the menu. I'll check again. Ever since the boys took over the establishment from their father, I have seen the service and food quality go way down. I have not frequent this place much. When Double Decker at Winnisquam and the Boulevard Drive In on Weirs Boulevard close, I have yet to find a great drive in to eat. The Tamarack is mediocre. I have to travel to Center Harbor to get good fried clams. I'm not a lobster roll fan but my Mom is. I like to take her to Pepper's as she says the best lobster rolls she had are in Kennebunkport, ME.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:13 AM   #29
rrr

Pepper- You were not there when we were - maybe that's what was missing! I'm sure we will be back.

BroadHopper- where in the port? Alison's is great!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:03 AM   #30
IslandSib

Default Can't keep quiet!

The lobster catch at the lake has been down lately, but Waldo Peppers does their best to give us a taste. Whether it is your taste or not is for you to decide. I myself have had a difficult time concentrating at work while I await my next trip to Waldo Peppers to try out this double stuffed lobster roll. Love the lobster and thoroughly enjoy my time with Pepper.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:51 AM   #31
GWC...

Default In the stomach...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper
LL6, I live near Sawyer's and I have not seen this on the menu. I'll check again.
My grandmother loved Sawyer's lobster roll and she died 10 years ago. Guess it has been available for a little while.

Two years ago, I tried the lobster roll at Waldo's and enjoyed it, also.

My keyboard does not take kindly to moisture, so must say, "Enjoy!"
GWC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:38 PM   #32
trfour

Thumbs up Me Too!.. ( "Can't keep quiet" )

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandSib
The lobster catch at the lake has been down lately, but Waldo Peppers does their best to give us a taste. Whether it is your taste or not is for you to decide. I myself have had a difficult time concentrating at work while I await my next trip to Waldo Peppers to try out this double stuffed lobster roll. Love the lobster and thoroughly enjoy my time with Pepper.
Hi IslandSib,
GOD, some peaple are tough to please!.... I have said this out here somwhere before,..... (" If you want to enjoy a lobster roll, comparable to the ones at WaldoPeppers, you need to take a trip about 800 miles north of here, to; Cape Breton Island, NS. Canada..... However, you will find, that Pepper doesn't live there!.. Isn't She Precious?..!")....

Love,
T.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html

Last edited by trfour; 06-30-2005 at 08:10 PM. Reason: " A Little.. crs, over " :)
Old 07-02-2005, 08:55 PM   #33
GWC...

Default Da plane, da plane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper
LL6, I live near Sawyer's and I have not seen this on the menu. I'll check again.
When you are inside, look at the sign on the wall and look below "sandwiches" and you will notice two columns. The top of the right column lists lobster and if you desire a plate, look under "plates" at the bottom of the left column.

Sawyer's lobster roll is a single of equal portion and taste to Waldo Peppers.

Speaking of which, it takes two hands to handle a GWC special - that would be a large sub roll filled with two double stuffed Waldo Pepper Lobster orders - plenty of roll and plenty of lobster.

Yes, GWC was there as Pepper enjoyed some nutrients at a table.

P.S.- Between a GWC special and a Sawyer's regular and a quart of Sawyer's frozen pudd'n ice cream, I am one happy guy!

Thanks to all involved, you made my day!

Last edited by GWC...; 07-04-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:03 PM   #34
rrr

Default time for me to eat my words...

went back to Pepper's last week while on vaca. hubby had the double stuffed - it took him a minute (or two) to figure out how to eat it - but he loved it! as we sat there we found ourselves saying 'I want to try that, and that, and that...' so we took a menu to plan our next visit!

the walk back to the docks at the Weirs was a little slower - we were both so full!

(must've just hit an off day on our first visit)
Old 07-18-2005, 04:30 PM   #35
IslandSib

Default Whatever you decide.

When you go back ...add the onion rings...
NO one can say no to onion rings.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:28 PM   #36
Pepper

Default Rrr

rrr, I'm delighted to know that your second visit was much better than the first! No need to eat your words, though! If your first visit was unsatisfactory, you had every reason to say so. Besides, if you eat your words you'll have no room for the onion rings.

Please be sure to introduce yourself next time you visit. I love to put faces with screennames.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:20 AM   #37
billhurley

Default Great meal again

My wife and I were in last night. She ordered the Lobster roll and I had the biggest cheeseburger ever and fries. It was awesome as always.
billhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 09:52 AM   #38
phoenix

We have been stuck in Phoenix for much of this summer. temps well over 100 but thankfully we will get to the lake in mid August and are longing for Pepper's famous lobster roll
Old 07-23-2005, 10:26 AM   #39
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

I love to figure these things out....ok,let's see...Jetskier wants "larger portions and bigger pieces" for $9.75.....wholesale lobster meat,at this moment is $19.75 for the claw and knuckle mix that is usually used in lobster rolls.That's almost $5 for a quarter lb.Now add .20 for the roll,another .35 for the mayo,napkin,holder and fork and you have a whopping 55% food cost(the national average is around 32% for restaurants of that type.Now add payroll,mortgage,huge utilities,taxes and other overhead.
As near as I can figure,that greedy Pepper is milking you out of 10 or 15 cents every time you buy one.
Looks to me like that is a HUGE bargain.....
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #40
jetskier

Angry Lobster roll ad infinitum

I really was going to stay out of this...but you goaded me back in.

The pricing of lobster rolls in the area appears to be fairly standardized. Sawyers is $9.95. In Mass Papa Ginos is $10.95 and McCormick and Schmidt is $15.00 with sides. The portions from all of these establishments appears reasonable; clearly 1/4 lb or more and heavy on the lobster.

1/4 pound of lobster meat with claw sections is quite reasonable...but that is not what we had. There was a "scoop" heavy on the mayo and very light on the lobster. There was no semblance of any claw meat...the roll was not toasted and there was no lettuce. Basically, it was lousy. Now anyone can have an off day and we are willing to give Pepper another shot. But the prior posting positions me as being unreasonable and I take great umbrage to that!

Jetskier

Last edited by jetskier; 07-24-2005 at 08:21 PM. Reason: fixing a miswording.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:44 AM   #41
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts
Talking

Tsk,tsk.....don't take it personal...just having a little fun at your notion that everything would be fine if they were a little heavier on the lobster.When you go to the bank,do you ask the teller to just throw in a few extra dollars?
Restaurants don't generally just throw food on a plate.You're getting a specific amount of food for a set price....just like the grocery store.If you find the portion a little small for you,I'd suggest the double.......but you've got to pay the price.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:57 AM   #42
On Barndoor

Default Great Lobster Roll

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on the great lobster roll debate. After reading the forum comments, we went last week for a round of "double stuffeds", with pizza for the kids. All were thrilled with the meal; one of, if not the, best lobster rolls around. As an extra bonus, Pepper was kind enough to let our dog hang out under the picnic table while we ate - not many spots on the lake that will allow that! A big thank you from Baxter, Pepper. Hopefully we'll be back soon.
On Barndoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:34 AM   #43
GWC...

Wink Choices, choices, choices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM
If you find the portion a little small for you, I'd suggest the double...
Or, you may opt for the GWC Special - plenty of lobster and plenty of roll.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:04 AM   #44
dpg

O.K. now I'm confused. Haven't been in Peppers yet but I always thought (he) was a guy. I read most of this thread and saw a lot of "she's" thrown in there. Well, what is it now I'm curious? I will definitely stop by but not for lobster (not my favorite.) I will say however I did stop at the Tamarack, we got in line took a look at their prices and left. They are very high and now I understand under new management. Their onion rings (used) to be great however nothing fancy any more.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:36 PM   #45
Zee

DPG - Pepper is an attractive redhead. You can't miss her. If you are not into lobster, try the barbecue pork sandwich. It is great as well.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:56 PM   #46
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

I agree with the barbeque pork sandwich plaudits, as does Mrs UTS, and quite frankly, even the lowly Hamburger/Cheeseburger flies high at Waldo Pepper's.

See you later this week, Pepper.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:39 AM   #47
dpg

K - Pork it is!!!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:10 AM   #48
Newbiesaukee

Not to make life difficult, but you really need to try the ribs, slow cooked and falling off the bone.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 01:48 PM   #49
tricia1218

I agree the BBQ pork at Pepper is great! We also visited Sawyers while on vacation and their fried clam/scollop plate is great and can be shared by 2 people. Friends that visisted with us wanted to visit the Tamarack on their way home, I tried talking them into Sawyers instead, but they went to the Tamarack anyway, I do not think they will go back a 2nd time. They said the prices where high and the quality of the food was low.
tricia1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:40 PM   #50
Lin

Default turkey sub

My husband and I stopped into Peppers for the first time on Monday after taking the family and his sister's family to the Weirs arcades, slides and go carts. She took all the kids back to the cabin as they wanted to swim. That left us alone and I suggested after reading all the great reviews here to try it out. It was very hot and we just felt like a light sandwich and bottle of water. Well were we surprised when we ordered the half rolls of the Turkey breast with everything. Wow, Pepper, those are double fisted sandwiches and reasonably priced. We plan on eating there everytime we go to the Weirs now. We will try the lobster rolls the next time we are there. By the way I'd asked the girl at the counter if you were in, but at that time you must have been busy. I think later we were sitting right behind you at a table. I thought I'd remembered someone mentioning your red hair and when my husband got up to buy some chips to go with the meal you were at the register then. Hope to say hi to you next time we're there. But thanks for the great meal.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:59 PM   #51
upthesaukee

What a day. Left West Alton Marina just before noon, went straight to the Weirs for a double stuffed lobster roll each (wifey and me). Got to visit with Pepper briefly, got my hug, and had the fantastic half pound of lobster, all lobster, no filling. Great meal, Pepper, and we will see you whenever we get that way. Thanks for everything. Oh, the rest of the day was pretty good, left the Weirs, went down into Paugus Bay, then out and over to Merideth, left Merideth, and went behind Bear Island on the way to Center Harbor, then left Center Harbor, took a swing into Braun Bay, went through Long Is bridge, over past the Barber Pole, down into Wolfeboro Bay and then out past the Kenneston Islands, went by Bob Bahr's place at Clay Point (was going to stop and say hi, but it was starting to get late), then down into Chestnut Cove and on into Alton Bay, back out around Sleepers and then back to West Alton Marina. Put about 75 miles on the boat per the GPS, burned about 12.6 gallons of gas, lake was great, not a lot of traffic anywhere, only had a few right of way conflicts and 150 foot things, and a lot of sun. Did I tell you about the lobster rolls.... See you soon Pepper
Old 07-29-2005, 11:15 PM   #52
trfour

Post Makes me feel good!

That most enjoy the great food at WaldoPeppers. I know that I do!
There are many great places around this great Lake to enjoy, as well...
Pepper however, onlly can be found at; WaldoPeppers!
" What a treat "!

Love,
T.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:38 AM   #53
upthesaukee

Default Different varieties

of peppers can be found...Habeneros, Jalepenos, Pablanos, etc... But, TR, you are correct: there is truly only one Pepper!!!!!
Old 07-30-2005, 02:27 PM   #54
trfour

Post Special People

Thanks for the back up, UP!!

Love,
T.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:47 PM   #55
Pepper

Y'all are makin' me blush ... again!

I thank you for your kind words, TR, and UP. And of course you both know how I feel about my customers.

How lucky am I to have so many wonderful ones!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 12:23 PM   #56
SIKSUKR

Default Finally met that "hot" Pepper!

Well,I finally met the one and only Pepper.What a treat!Your personality was not all overstated.That place must be a very safe place to be cuz when I was there,no fewer than 4 police were eating and Pepper was siitting and chatting with them.As far as the food,my girlfriend ordered the single stuffed lobster roll and thought it was great.I did manage to steal a bite and had to agree.I had a choice of a 1/2 or whole roast beef sub and made the mistake of ordering a whole.My god that thing was huge!Actually it wasn't a mistake cuz after the fireworks ,I brought home the other half and ate it then.Same conclusion on the sub,very good and filling!I will certainly be back for more.It was nice to put a face on a name Pepper.I bet you didn't think a SIKSUKR looked like me.Or maybe you did!!
Old 08-08-2005, 08:52 PM   #57
Lin

just got back from the lake. Friday my daughter and I went to Weirs beach, down to Walmart and TJMax and a few other places. While at Weirs I told her I'd buy her lunch at Waldo Pepper's. She said she'd never eaten there and wanted to eat at the pier. Anyhow on the way back from Walmart she said okay I'll try it. This was my second time in a week stopping there with family. This time we both ordered the lobster rolls and thoroughly enjoyed them. My daughter just like my husband several days prior said we'd found a new eating spot. Delicious food and good helpings surrounded by very pleasant people. On the way out, we met Pepper at the counter and talked a spell about the lake and the forum. So glad to have finally met you Pepper!! Thanks for a great meal.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:55 PM   #58
Pepper

Smile I am so truly blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
... I bet you didn't think a SIKSUKR looked like me.Or maybe you did!!
Kinda like a wolf in sheep's clothing! Actually, you don't look sick, and you certainly are no sucker! Otherwise, you wouldn't have that beautiful and personable lady by your side. Hope you two drop in again real soon. I'm looking forward to more laughs! So glad to have finally made your acquaintance.

Here's were I wish I knew how to quote more than one person in a post!

Lin, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and your beautiful daughter also!!! I'm glad your family is all in agreement, because I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again, too!

I am so truly blessed to have the honor of meeting so many wonderful people because of this forum. What Don has created here is absolutely magical, and we are all so fortunate to have this great place to come to and share. I've met so many of you that I've lost count. When I think about how this forum has brought so many of us together, it's really overwhelming. Thank you, Don, from the bottom of my really huge heart.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #59
phoenix

Hey Pepper with all these accolates maybe you can run for Governor Well anyway will finally get back up to the lake this weekend and look forward to a lobster roll
Old 08-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #60
DRH

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
Hey Pepper with all these accolates maybe you can run for Governor Well anyway will finally get back up to the lake this weekend and look forward to a lobster roll
If she doesn't run for Governor she might need to put a big addition on WPs to hold her fast-growing number of fans ... er ... customers!!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:23 PM   #61
Pepper

Talking Thanks, GWC!

You guys are all so great.

I'd like to post a special Thank You to GWC who has emailed me with instructions on how to post quotes from two different members in one reply. Hopefully my first attempt at doing so, below, will be successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOENIX

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Phoenix, but no thanks! I'd like to keep all the friends I've made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH
If she doesn't run for Governor she might need to put a big addition on WPs to hold her fast-growing number of fans ... er ... customers!!
Maybe my neighbor, Lakehouse, will sell me some of his high land, and we can build a bigger Waldo's - with a view! Then I'll have to put a webcam in the pilot's seat.

Hey, look! It really worked! Thanks again, GWC!

Last edited by Pepper; 08-09-2005 at 09:24 PM. Reason: It really worked!
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #62
phoenix

Pepper what are your hours Sunday hope to get down for a special lobster roll
Old 08-12-2005, 07:29 PM   #63
upthesaukee

According to their website, Waldo Peppers is open from 11-8 on Sundays.

Here is the link: www.waldopeppers.com

Look for the redhead, and introduce yourself. Prepare yourself for a good Philadelphia/NewEngland style hug!!!!!!!! Enjoy the food and the company.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:21 PM   #64
trfour

Default 365- 6 - 6 days a week!

Enjoy all of the great food, and get to meet more of the very special Forum people here!... Log on and register today @ winnipesaukee.com
Love,
T.

Old 08-12-2005, 09:59 PM   #65
Pepper

Thumbs up Welcome back, Phoenix!!!

Jeepers! I guess I'd better get my website updated, because it's incorrect! YIKES! We're actually open from 11:00AM till 7:00PM on Sundays.

Phoenix, I hope you two are able to make it there before seven - I'll be keeping an eye out for you! Glad you're finally able to get back north - it must feel cool up here to you guys after the heat you've had this summer. Looking SO forward to seeing you again!

Last edited by Pepper; 08-12-2005 at 10:00 PM. Reason: had a space where it didn't belong.
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:43 AM   #66
upthesaukee

It's OK Pepper, I fixed it. I went back to the website, went to the hours section, and took a little piece of paper, wrote 7 PM on it, and taped it on my monitor over the 8 PM. Whew, I won't make that mistake again.

See YA!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:20 AM   #67
phoenix

brought the whole family yesterday for lobster rolls( five plus one calzone). Also got to see a number of web siters including Don . Thanks Don for ( as Pepper would say) for making this forum possible. Pepper will see you again later in the week.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:43 AM   #68
LSBA Joker

Default pepper-ific

Another happy customer yesterday when the 'informal' winnie.com meeting was happening.
brought Mom, (a lobster fiend bostonian living in lobster-free Vegas), my wonderful spouse and my 2 line handlers in for a 1st visit to WP's.
why have we not visited b4?
when will we visit again(with neighbors, guests, etc in tow)? SOON!

Nice to meet you, Pepper, as well as the tableful with the neat shirts.
LSBA Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:19 AM   #69
Pepper

Thumbs up A great day!

What a great day it was, indeed! I spent the better part of my workday goofing off with quite a number of forum members, some all at once, and others one at a time! I also enjoyed a visit from my sister and her husband, which of course gave me another good reason to leave my post and chat!

Something tells me I'm going to have to work a lot harder today than I did yesterday!

Thanks to all who made my day so thoroughly enjoyable yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2005, 08:40 PM   #70
Waterbaby

Default Finally Got There This Season!!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

This past weekend was only the second time I've been able to get to our beautiful Lake, but I made sure to get to Pepper's! Saturday afternoon my family and I finally had not only the pleasure of meeting Barbara, but enjoying another great meal! Me? I had the hot buttered lobster roll, of course! Much to my pleasure, it met all of my expectations! Perfectly grilled roll, perfectly heated so it was still moist lobster, and of course the butter to pour on (sparingly, in my case!) I can truly say this was the best lobster roll I've ever had -- and I work part-time in a sandwich shop on the NH coast where we, of course, serve lobster rolls! Hubby had the 1/2 pastrami sandwich and son had the hot dog/fries meal; I was able to sample the fries and don't think I'll ever eat fries anywhere else again, they were divine! My only "complaint"? Pepper's was so busy Barbara didn't have much of an oportunity to chat with us , which I fully understood, but hopefully we can correct that on our next visit! Again, I say, YUMMMMMM!!!!!!!! Thanks, Barbara!
Waterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #71
Pepper

Waterbaby, it was so nice to meet you and your family! It's nice that a youngster as young as your son knows how to shake hands!!!!! So glad you enjoyed your meals so much, and really looking forward to chatting with you more, on a quieter day!
Old 10-09-2005, 09:28 PM   #72
Mee-n-Mac

Talking The thread that wouldn't die

We finally made it over to WP's this Sat. "Mee" and her mom had the much lauded lobster rolls and agreed that the praise is deserved. Large portions of delicious lobster meat. I was going to try the BBQ ribs but alas Pepper's is in food draw down mode prior to this seasons closing. Perhaps if the water keeps rising we'll be rid of the single drawback, no access by boat
Old 10-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #73
KBoater

Default Closing??

Pepper,
When is closing.
This "SNow Bird" has 2 weeks left for the leaves.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #74
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLboater
Pepper,
When is closing.
This "SNow Bird" has 2 weeks left for the leaves.
FLboater,

You've got two weeks left for the leaves,
and
We've got one week left till we leave.

Seriously, we'll be there through this coming weekend, but we're already starting to sell out of certain items, like the Ribs, which Mac mentioned above. We'll be gradually marking items "sold out" through the week, and by Sunday we'll probably be down to bare bones (not rib bones, those are already gone ).

I hope we'll get to see you once more before the end of the season. By the time you get back here from Florida we'll already be in full swing again. We intend to open for the season sometime in mid to late March.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:41 PM   #75
Island Girl

Default Jumping up and down and Swinging through the trees

Have a wonderful off season... hope to see you in the winter... BOSS will Zooming around all over the lake once it freezes.

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:25 PM   #76
DRH

We just got back from having our last meal of the season at WPs. Both Pepper and Waldo are looking forward to their much-deserved vacation at the end of the month. Hope someone gets some good pics of Pepper up in the trees!

By the way, IG, Pepper's interested in the BOSS activities. I think you may have a new member-in-training when the lake freezes!
Old 10-11-2005, 04:56 PM   #77
Pepper

Thumbs up Indeed jumping now and swining soon!

I PROMISE to get photographic proof of the insanity for you guys!

When I return from paradise, I'm looking forward to an introduction to zooming across the ice! Twice!

Thanks for your good wishes for our vacation, and for the invitation to join in on the various ice-required activities.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:41 PM   #78
Hermit Cover

Default Pepper's in the rain....

A rainy day's lunch at Pepper's has turned out to be better than a sunny day's experience somewhere else! Mrs. Hermit Cover and I had lunch during the monsoon Saturday and may have captured the last wonderful lobster roll and pulled pork sandwich of the season.....and Pepper ( our first meeting) was wonderful. A great lady and a really fine dining experience.. and I'm sure our first of many more to come. Have a teriffic off season and see you in 2006! Waldo Pepper's is all that the Forum Fest...ers say it is and more!
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote