Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2021, 02:55 PM   #1
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts
Default Hannaford Class 1 Recall – Fresh Express Greens

I just received an email from Hannaford alerting me of the recall of several Fresh Express items. The email said in part:

Quote:
Our records indicate you may have purchased one or more items involved in a Class 1 Recall. Please review the items listed below.

We recommend that customers check their storage and freezer areas for this product. These items should not be consumed, and the product or its packaging may be returned to your local Hannaford for a full refund.
An online search shows that the concern is listeria:
https://wgme.com/news/local/bagged-s...teria-concerns
This link shows all if the recalled items.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
Descant (12-20-2021), FlyingScot (12-20-2021), ghfromaltonbay (12-20-2021), LakeTimes (12-21-2021), pondguy (12-21-2021), wobbelbill (12-21-2021)
Old 12-20-2021, 06:56 PM   #2
ghfromaltonbay

Default Z350

Thanks, Alan. I just bought 2 of the salad mixes last Friday on your list at shop rite down here in NJ. I went to the Fresh Express website and the date code on the suspect bags start with Z for the facility in question.. It said any number below Z350 are suspect. Lucky me, I had Z343 and Z344! Looks like that means they were bagged at the Illinois facility (Z) on the 343rd and 344th days of 2021. The expiration dates are 12/27 & 28. I have my receipt and will return tomorrow. ShopRite didn't contact me although I have a membership card. They are pretty good about returns like this.I already had some salad Friday from another bag on the list. The rest just got deep sixed. Will watch for symptoms. Don't want to be sick this week, I am playing the organ at a friend's funeral Thursday + Christmas with my family.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ghfromaltonbay For This Useful Post:
Descant (12-20-2021)
Old 12-20-2021, 07:42 PM   #3
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay View Post
Thanks, Alan. I just bought 2 of the salad mixes last Friday on your list at shop rite down here in NJ. I went to the Fresh Express website and the date code on the suspect bags start with Z for the facility in question.. It said any number below Z350 are suspect. Lucky me, I had Z343 and Z344! Looks like that means they were bagged at the Illinois facility (Z) on the 343rd and 344th days of 2021. The expiration dates are 12/27 & 28. I have my receipt and will return tomorrow. ShopRite didn't contact me although I have a membership card. They are pretty good about returns like this.I already had some salad Friday from another bag on the list. The rest just got deep sixed. Will watch for symptoms. Don't want to be sick this week, I am playing the organ at a friend's funeral Thursday + Christmas with my family.
We hope that you have no ill effects. We used the shredded lettuce on tacos yesterday. So far so good.

Alan
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote