Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2020, 12:32 PM   #1
AC2717

Default Aftermarket Cover

I am looking for a aftermarket cover for my small fishing boat. Looking for recommendations, custom built is much more than I intend to spend. I would love a ratchet system in particular like a Dowco cover, but they do not make it any more for my age boat. It is a 2007 Lowe 14' Angler side console - model AN140S. I have even been trying to find an aftermarket that does not have the bungee cord or rope sewn all the way in, meaning it has two ends exposed to use one of those rope ratchets on it to pull it tighter. I need it to stay on tight to prevent wind from grabbing it at dock or on its lift and pulling it off. Trailering makes no difference to me but everyone advertises that the covers have trailer tie downs. I am looking for wind resistance while at rest on the water

Thank you
Old 03-11-2020, 07:31 PM   #2
fatlazyless

Suggest you look at www.overtons.com which has a lot of different covers and prices.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:34 AM   #3
dva

Default Seal skin covers

If you get an after market cover make sure it is at least 600d. I got a 1200d from Seal Skin Covers and it is great. I think they are 10% off on line. If you do not get a heavy wt cover you will be getting a new one every other year.
dva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:07 AM   #4
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by dva View Post
If you get an after market cover make sure it is at least 600d. I got a 1200d from Seal Skin Covers and it is great. I think they are 10% off on line. If you do not get a heavy wt cover you will be getting a new one every other year.
I have been looking multiple covers for at least a month and I decided to pull the trigger late last night.
this is what I got:

https://www.budgecovers.com/boat-cov...r-boat-cover-4

Great deal ended up after 15% off and another credit, $162 free shipping to my door. I will reserve review until i get it

I am going to attach the trailer rigging to the lift to keep it down in the wind, but i did not want to at first