Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2017, 10:24 AM   #1
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts
Default Castle in the Clouds Carriage House

Both MSC and NH Bureau of Trails have been in negotiations with the Castle to open a trail from corridor 15 to the Carriage House. Great news, they have
decided to move forward!

Their plan is to open the Carriage House for lunch and beverages (I believe that only beer and wine will be available as far as alcohol is concerned) December 29 through March 24th on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, weather permitting. Depending on how much traffic they receive, they will consider being open during the MA and NH February vacation weeks.

I hope that this works out well for them and for the snowmobilers in the state!

John
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
ITD

Sweet, you guys are doing a great job!!
ITD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:23 AM   #3
SAB1

That would be nice. Now we all need to take advantage of it when it opens.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:13 PM   #4
ultrarider

I thought a landowner closed a section of trail from the parking on Rt 171 to the Castle trails last year. Has that been resolved? Maybe I'm mistaken, and it's the trail heading south & east from the parking on RT 171 back towards the Wolfeboro snack shack on Rt 26 & 200? Being able to do a loop from the Wolfeboro Snack Shack, via 200 over to 19 up to Ossipee, and south down 15 to Mt. Shaw & the Castle for lunch would sure be nice!
ultrarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:15 PM   #5
mneck1814

I assume vehicle access will be up the bottling plant road not the main Castle Entrance?
mneck1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2017, 10:27 PM   #6
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrarider View Post
I thought a landowner closed a section of trail from the parking on Rt 171 to the Castle trails last year. Has that been resolved? Maybe I'm mistaken, and it's the trail heading south & east from the parking on RT 171 back towards the Wolfeboro snack shack on Rt 26 & 200? Being able to do a loop from the Wolfeboro Snack Shack, via 200 over to 19 up to Ossipee, and south down 15 to Mt. Shaw & the Castle for lunch would sure be nice!
The latter - the trail was closed from the parking lot on 171 to snack shack, thus couldn't get to the power lines unless you took the lake to Melvin Village.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:10 AM   #7
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

The trail section that is closed is from Wolfeboro to the state lot on 171. I don't know if it will be resolved this year. The original landowner issue was resolved, but a second landowner closed as well. A lot of us are wondering how long we will survive in this area once we end up with a more "trails to nowhere"!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:35 PM   #8
SAB1

Geeze. Cant catch a break. That is a frustrating area to have closed for us in Tuftonboro.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #9
ultrarider

Now to be the bearer of more bad news. The Seven Lakes Club thought they had a re-route around the section of Corridor 22 closed by the RR just south of Rt 171 (Old Granite Rd) down to behind the Big Moose RV where the trail jumps off of the rails, and back onto dirt. Last Spring the club Trail blazed a re-route to include the building of a bridge, to get us around that closure. Many man hours volunteered, and money spent. Found out over the summer that the new trail and bridge are not acturally on the owners land that gave permission. Miscalculated by a few feet! The owner of that land does not want anything to do with snowmobiles, and will not allow the trail to be on his land by even an inch. So there is still no way north or south from Ossipee down to the Cotton Valley RR trail to go to Wolfboro, Moose mountain, or elsewhere, without going all the way around to Wakefield via Corridor 19, and still having to depend on four lakes, Sandy Pond, Balch Lake, Lake Ivanhoe, and Great East Lake, being frozen. Sucks for me cause I live on the Cotton Valley Tracks (corridor 22&26)
ultrarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:09 PM   #10
stynx55

Its not going to be long before snowmobiling in the areas around the lakes region will be all done. In the future at best we will have a few areas of unconnected trails.
stynx55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:58 PM   #11
Lakegeezer

The State Bureau of Trails was working on the trail to the Carriage House Restaurant a few weeks ago. You can get there by car, or take the new Carriage Trail off snowmobile corridor 15. The Carriage trail is open 11-4 when the restaurant is open. Closed otherwise. Here's a map of the new trail.
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2017, 06:54 PM   #12
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakegeezer View Post
the state bureau of trails was working on the trail to the carriage house restaurant a few weeks ago. You can get there by car, or take the new carriage trail off snowmobile corridor 15. The carriage trail is open 11-4 when the restaurant is open. Closed otherwise. Here's a map of the new trail.

Thanks!!!!
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote