Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
Pam

Default Mask use in grocery stores

It seems like a smaller percentage of people are wearing masks in the Meredith Hannaford. At one point, it seemed that most everyone was, but recently I'd guess maybe only 70% of people are wearing one, and even the guy at the fish counter wasn't wearing one when he waited on me. It was under his chin.

From what I've read, mask wearing in enclosed public spaces can go a long, long way towards controlling this disease, but only if everyone complies. I hate wearing a mask, but for the short time I'm in the store, it's tolerable, and I feel more secure when everyone's covered up.

People can choose for themselves how much they want to go into public, but grocery shopping is a necessity. I see people on the Forum asking why driving cars isn't banned, etc., because of the high death numbers. Well, you do have some control over driving your car. You don't have control over a contagious disease, especially when other people have decided not to care about public health. After the pain and suffering of the lockdown, it worries me that people may let this disease get out of hand again because they don't like wearing a mask. Especially as more people pour into town. (And I realize that some people can't wear one, but they are definitely in the minority).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Useful Post:
Jdarby (06-18-2020), mishman (06-18-2020), Spider Girl (06-18-2020)