Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2023, 09:16 AM   #1
ITD

Default Superbowl

We've unplugged and no longer have cable tv. We stream now and it works pretty well. But, the wife has informed me, she likes watching the Superbowl for the commercials and is concerned we won't have access at home. I told her we can go to a bar, but in case that doesn't work out, I'm looking for ideas on how to access it at home without paying $80 a month for access to some tv streaming service.

Thanks
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 09:40 AM   #2
WinnisquamZ

I have seen many of the commercials on YouTube and other services. If you are looking for live, May I remind you “happy wife happy life”

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post:
ITD (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 10:42 AM   #3
Bear Islander

The Superbowl is on WFXT and you can get that station with a 7 day free trial on YouTubeTV.

Other streaming services have similar trials.

Don't forget to cancel next week.
Bear Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bear Islander For This Useful Post:
ITD (02-09-2023), LIforrelaxin (02-09-2023), tbonies (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 11:36 AM   #4
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
We've unplugged and no longer have cable tv. We stream now and it works pretty well. But, the wife has informed me, she likes watching the Superbowl for the commercials and is concerned we won't have access at home. I told her we can go to a bar, but in case that doesn't work out, I'm looking for ideas on how to access it at home without paying $80 a month for access to some tv streaming service.

Thanks
We use FUBO, which is excellent. My wife handles it so I am unsure of the cost, but rest assured it's less than cable. Good luck!
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
ITD (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 11:42 AM   #5
Woodsy

All of the streaming services offer a "free" trial. You just have to make sure you cancel within the timeframe. I also suggest you sign up for the free trial a day ahead of time to iron out any bugs you may have.

If you decide to go out to watch it, the SideCar between Tower Hill Tavern & The Crazy Gringo is an excellent place to watch a game!

Woodsy
ITD (02-09-2023)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2023, 10:50 AM   #6
longislander

Just happen to get this email:

"Super Bowl streaming options: Most online guides are terrible at this, so let's just round up the options short order:

The Fox Sports app will stream the game for free (and in 4K, if you have a compatible TV and streaming player) on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV/Google TV, and Xbox consoles. That'll be the best way to watch for most people.
You can also try the NFL app as a backup.
Got an antenna? You can watch on Fox for free, with less latency than streaming, albeit at lower resolution.
Any live TV streaming service with a local Fox feed will carry the game, of course. That includes YouTube TV ($65 per month), Hulu + Live TV ($70 per month), DirecTV Stream ($75 per month), and Fubo TV ($86 per month). Sling TV Blue subscribers in select markets get a Fox feed as well.
Credit goes to Phillip Swann for reporting on the free Fox Sports feed, as lots of sites are wrongly claiming that you'll need a pay TV login. I've confirmed with Fox that no login will be necessary. If you're hosting a party, may the streaming and over-the-air gods be on your side!"

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#in...HCQCMWKVRsQtlX
longislander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to longislander For This Useful Post:
ITD (02-10-2023)
Old 02-10-2023, 12:05 PM   #7
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislander View Post
Just happen to get this email:

"Super Bowl streaming options: Most online guides are terrible at this, so let's just round up the options short order:

The Fox Sports app will stream the game for free (and in 4K, if you have a compatible TV and streaming player) on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV/Google TV, and Xbox consoles. That'll be the best way to watch for most people.
You can also try the NFL app as a backup.
Got an antenna? You can watch on Fox for free, with less latency than streaming, albeit at lower resolution.
Any live TV streaming service with a local Fox feed will carry the game, of course. That includes YouTube TV ($65 per month), Hulu + Live TV ($70 per month), DirecTV Stream ($75 per month), and Fubo TV ($86 per month). Sling TV Blue subscribers in select markets get a Fox feed as well.
Credit goes to Phillip Swann for reporting on the free Fox Sports feed, as lots of sites are wrongly claiming that you'll need a pay TV login. I've confirmed with Fox that no login will be necessary. If you're hosting a party, may the streaming and over-the-air gods be on your side!"

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#in...HCQCMWKVRsQtlX
I just checked the Fox Sports app and it tells me I can only watch for one hour without paying.

I also checked the NFL app and found you must sign up for a month at $4.99 to watch the Super Bowl. Pretty cheap actually, but don't forget to cancel.

YouTubeTV is free if you remember to cancel.
Bear Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 06:34 PM   #8
ITD

Watching the game, all good so far. The wife just clicked under sports on the Roku and the superbowl was there. No charge.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 06:39 PM   #9
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
Watching the game, all good so far. The wife just clicked under sports on the Roku and the superbowl was there. No charge.
Ditto—pulled us to Fox Sports. No pause/rewind/fast-forward, though, so I feel a caveman/Xennial!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote