Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-16-2022, 10:47 AM   #1
lagoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay View Post
Big difference is the Paugus Bay townhouses are a good size. If the Sandy Point units have to be built on the original footprints, they will be a lot smaller. There may only be 36 units planned, but if they are year round and occupied longer, the septic may have to be totally redesigned and enlarged. Right now Sandy Point is really only busy on the weekends. Most of the leasees work during the week and use the camps for vacations and weekends. The Paugus Bay units have city water & sewers. Sandy Point has 1940's era septic and seasonal town water. The cottages are not insulated and have 1940's wiring as well. I would think besides the cost to buy, another $5M would be needed to improve the property. That is provided the town and DES allow what the developer has planned.
I agree. The hoops and expense for all of us on the lake to put in a new system that is acceptable to NH is huge. We love the lake and consider those costs part of preserving the quality. This "condo" project has a lot of ancillary issues they will have to overcome to build. I think the added costs will be huge, additionally now that the septic system there is "of note" my guess is whoever buys this property will have to update the system at the very least.
lagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 12:46 PM   #2
Descant

Thanked 1,527 Times in 988 Posts
Default sewer vs septic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoon View Post
I agree. The hoops and expense for all of us on the lake to put in a new system that is acceptable to NH is huge. We love the lake and consider those costs part of preserving the quality. This "condo" project has a lot of ancillary issues they will have to overcome to build. I think the added costs will be huge, additionally now that the septic system there is "of note" my guess is whoever buys this property will have to update the system at the very least.
The Winnipesaukee River sewer project runs from Moultonborough to West Alton, sending waste water to the WWTF in Franklin. Maybe someday we'll have a similar project for the Wolfeboro, Alton side of the lake running down to a facility, say, in Dover? In the 60's, the Fed's funded about 95%. If they did that again, this would be a great infrastructure project. This won't help a current Sandy Point project, but it's the type of thing we, as a state, should be considering.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 01:05 PM   #3
ghfromaltonbay

Default 2022 season is a go!

Sandy Point posted on their Facebook page today that it will be Business As Usual for the 2022 season.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghfromaltonbay For This Useful Post:
TheTimeTraveler (02-03-2022), upthesaukee (02-03-2022)
Old 04-22-2022, 06:21 AM   #4
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,163 Times in 906 Posts

The property is currently off the market, although I am sure if someone were to make a decent offer a deal would be made.

The major impediment seemed to be dealing with the sewer issue. There is some though that the highest and best use might be some type of boat rack storage facility. Although there is significant demand for that it would be difficult to construct something that wouldn't visually detract from the area. I am sure many people would be against it.

If docks and boat storage continue in very high demand the price increases may make some combination of dockage, marina, and even some residential use type facility financially viable. That assumes that zoning issues could be complied with.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 09:09 AM   #5
Thundra

Sandy Point Beach Resort will no longer have motel/hotel rooms. They are all seasonal leases now.

My family and I will miss SPBR. I'll miss the view outside the motel rooms up on the bluff. I will miss the walk down to the ramp and docks where I could leave my boat. We will miss both "big beach" and the swim float, and we will miss "little beach" on the dockage side.

I'm glad that we did get 3 summers worth of having been able to stay and thoroughly enjoy the place for every heat wave that we were able to stay during the week.

From their website;

General Notes
Sandy Point Beach Resort will be seasonal for the 2023 season, and all of our units are leased for the season. There will not be any motel units available for the 2023 season. We want to thank all of our guests from past seasons for choosing to stay with us.
Thundra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thundra For This Useful Post:
Jeanzb1 (03-09-2023), upthesaukee (03-09-2023)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2023, 09:03 PM   #6
TheTimeTraveler

Clearly easier from the Management prospective and likely a lot less wear and tear on the property........
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheTimeTraveler For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (03-10-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 08:03 AM   #7
Rinkerguy

This appears to purely be about the family not being able to maintain the property as a hotel. No local help available and nobody in the family willing to take over.
Rinkerguy is offline   Reply With Quote