Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2020, 07:01 PM   #1
WHARF RAT

Default Yamaha 2004 150 Outboard Problem

Ok...first post!!! here we go !One of the reasons i joined this Forum was because it was the only location where i found a description of a problem that i have been experiencing with my Yamaha engine. I have a 20ft Century -modest boat-(Yamaha 150 engine 2004 300 plus hours) that i bought in the Spring of this year. I live on the coast of Central New Jersey (joke there somewhere) and primarily do inshore fishing....the issue that began to occur about 2 months ago is when i am riding up a wake (on ocean) and come down from the wake....when the boat impacts the water the engine (boggs down) losses power.... does not stall and then picks right back up and i am able to motor again. This happens (bogging down) when boat's bow is up and i am trying to get back up to plane after the initial impact coming down the other side of wake. This does not happen in flat water.... engine runs fine. I have done some simple things (replaced fuel filter, plugs, coil pack) checked basic battery connections and those seem fine. I took out of the water and boat is at Marine mechanic but was wondering if anyone else had a similar occurrence which i can direct mechanic to focus in....hope fellow boaters well up north !! Thanks for any input
WHARF RAT is offline   Reply With Quote