Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2021, 10:20 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default ..... black Escalade from Mass, blue lights on!

Was pleased to watch a black Cadillac Escalade with Massachusetts plates get stopped by a NH state trooper yesterday afternoon, heading south on Rt-93, between exits 25 & 24, just north of the Ashland off-ramp, going south-bound.

It was not moving super fast or nuth'n ...... just maybe 78-80 mph. I was in the right lane on cruise control, set at 70 ..... and I see in the rear view mirror the green state police car slowly leave its center median stake-out, pass me as it accelerates and coming down the slope there, watch it as it blue lights the big black Cadillac ...... maybe the large load of white snow atop the big black suv was a second reason why it got stopped, as well as for speeding 78-80.

It seems like down in Massachusetts, everyone goes 78-mph with their cars all squeezed together on the road, so I was somewhat surprised to see this traffic stop actually happen.

Wonder how much that will cost the driver, and how many insurance, bad-driver points get added and for how long? ...... ..... boo-hoo ....

It sort of looked like the Escalade was taking forever to roll to a stop in the break-down lane, like it couldn't believe it was gett'n stopped, and expected the blue lights to pass on by ..... or something ......and was not really stopp'n for him ..... too bad ...
Old 01-03-2021, 10:44 AM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Was pleased to watch a black Cadillac Escalade with Massachusetts plates get stopped by a NH state trooper yesterday afternoon, heading south on Rt-93, between exits 25 & 24, just north of the Ashland off-ramp, going south-bound.

It was not moving super fast or nuth'n ...... just maybe 78-80 mph. I was in the right lane on cruise control, set at 70 ..... and I see in the rear view mirror the green state police car slowly leave its center median stake-out, pass me as it accelerates and coming down the slope there, watch it as it blue lights the big black Cadillac ...... maybe the large load of white snow atop the big black suv was a second reason why it got stopped, as well as for speeding 78-80.

It seems like down in Massachusetts, everyone goes 78-mph with their cars all squeezed together on the road, so I was somewhat surprised to see this traffic stop actually happen.

Wonder how much that will cost the driver, and how many insurance, bad-driver points get added and for how long? ...... ..... boo-hoo ....

It sort of looked like the Escalade was taking forever to roll to a stop in the break-down lane, like it couldn't believe it was gett'n stopped, and expected the blue lights to pass on by ..... or something ......and was not really stopp'n for him ..... too bad ...
If you're not going 78-80 mph between those two exits you are getting passed by just about everyone! Must have been the snow on the roof....I travel 93 almost every day and anywhere North of Concord the standard cruising speed is 80 mph.

Dan
Doobs41378 (01-04-2021), Phantom (01-04-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 11:42 AM   #3
TheTimeTraveler

Highway speeds all over the Country are far higher than the posted limits. At some point it would be nice if more rural areas were to raise the legal posted limits.

To the best of my knowledge, the only legally posted 75 mph limit in New England is in Maine on Route 95 between Bangor and the Canadian border. In that area most are driving around 85 mph or so without any issues at all (you may see more wildlife than State Police).
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 01:17 PM   #4
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
Highway speeds all over the Country are far higher than the posted limits. At some point it would be nice if more rural areas were to raise the legal posted limits.

To the best of my knowledge, the only legally posted 75 mph limit in New England is in Maine on Route 95 between Bangor and the Canadian border. In that area most are driving around 85 mph or so without any issues at all (you may see more wildlife than State Police).
Yes, people are driving without any issues because there is basically no traffic. That is the reason you will see more wildlife than state police!

It’s actually between Old Town, which is just north of Bangor, to Houlton where the speed limit is posted at 75 mph.
Susie Cougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:19 PM   #5
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default snow load

I'd guess the stop/ticket was for snow load. Police all over the state are enforcing that law pretty strictly. Glad to see it.

I think in Massachusetts you get "Insurance bad driver points" the day you get your license, right? LOL
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2021, 07:24 PM   #6
mswlogo

Quote:
So much dislike for MA folks...

Quite a few members on this forum are from MA ya know.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mswlogo For This Useful Post:
winniwannabe (01-05-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 07:46 PM   #7
Formula260SS

driving home from VT today I saw at least three spots in the breakdown lane where you could tell a car had been cleaned off. Didn't hit me until the second one. 89 is a tough road to drive 80 on
Formula260SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:47 PM   #8
LongBay

Default Remove snow from your roof or else...

On my way down 93 today a driver pulled was over by the state police removing the snow from his roof as the officer was writing him up.
LongBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:45 PM   #9
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBay View Post
On my way down 93 today a driver pulled was over by the state police removing the snow from his roof as the officer was writing him up.
Everyone that drives in cold weather climes understands how unpleasant it is to be cruising down the highway only to have a bunch of ice come flying at you from a truck or car roof. So what's wrong with these drivers who fail to remove that snow/ice before hitting the road? Don't give a hoot? Lazy? Clueless?

Being on the road can be a microcosm of our world. So many people moving along in their little bubble with, sadly, little care for their impact on those around them.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:50 AM   #10
fatlazyless

- Too danged lazy to remove the snow off your car roof? Better to be driv'n a white car so the white snow will blend with the white car and you can sneak it past the police.

- Driving a black car loaded with white snow on the roof is too easy to see.

- Have a tall, large high vehicle like that black Escalade, which had a roof rack making snow removal a little more difficult? For about $11, Walmart has a Snow Jo snow brush, a 5" x 18" blue foam snow remover with a long handle that works good for pulling that snow off the car.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:55 AM   #11
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts
Default It could be worse!

There are many reasons to get stopped. It could be worse!
Attached Images

TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:17 AM   #12
jbolty

Quote:
- Too danged lazy to remove the snow off your car roof? Better to be driv'n a white car so the white snow will blend with the white car and you can sneak it past the police.

- Driving a black car loaded with white snow on the roof is too easy to see.

- Have a tall, large high vehicle like that black Escalade, which had a roof rack making snow removal a little more difficult? For about $11, Walmart has a Snow Jo snow brush, a 5" x 18" blue foam snow remover with a long handle that works good for pulling that snow off the car.
Attached Images

jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbolty For This Useful Post:
Biggd (01-04-2021), TiltonBB (01-04-2021)
Old 01-04-2021, 10:39 AM   #13
AC2717

I Guess i'm cheap
i don't want the weight on my truck messing with my gas mileage, but safety is also the reason it gets completely cleaned off