Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2015, 07:58 AM   #1
Swilson

Default Suissevale moultonboro

Hi, I am looking into buying a home in Suissevale, Moultonboro. Is this a nice location and beach? Does beach get very crowded? How far is the boat ride to Meredith? Thank you!
Swilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:15 AM   #2
PastorT

Default Sussievalle

We stayed there two years. I didn't like it. The beach was too crowded. I had to trailer my boat in and out every day. The list for dock space is really long. They hassled me almost every day for leaving my boat on the day beach area, although, some others they didn't say anything too because they were property owners or someone's friend.... To get picnic tables you better get there real early. Lastly, I didn't think the water was very clean either. We have stayed many years in Meredeth and love it. The Colony Club area in Meredeth is way better.
PastorT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PastorT For This Useful Post:
Misha888 (04-22-2015), Swilson (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
vmlite84

Default Suissevale

Great beach, property owners do not care for renters, seems renters don't pickup after themselves, don't follow the beach rules. If you own property there you keep the place looking good...keep the beach clean, take your trash with you.
vmlite84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vmlite84 For This Useful Post:
Swilson (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
mas1992bc

Default Sussievalle moultonboro

Suissevale in Moultonborough is a nice community. We had a home there for 6 years. From a "lake location" standpoint, you can't beat it. The northeast side of the lake is the quietest, and the least touristy. The shared beach in Suissevale is very very nice, but it does get very crowded on summer weekends. We got into the habit of going very early in the morning to save a picnic table for the day. Parking down at the beach can get challenging especially on July 4. All in all though, it is a very nice community. The only reason we left was because we were lucky enough to get a small cottage on with water with our own dock (if you do have a choice, we MUCH prefer a VERY small home on the water with our own dock - as compared to a MUCH bigger home we had in Suissevale about 0.8 mile from the shared beach).

As for boating, as someone else mentioned, the waiting list for a dock is not even worth getting on to. It is more than 10 years long. I never even bothered. Beaching the boat during the day is allowed, and is very convenient. I kept my boat at a slip in Ambrose Cove Marina (1 mile down the road). We would bring the boat to the beach for the day, and then bring it back to the slip at night. Moultonborough bay is only a 2 minute boat ride and is plenty big enough for tubing, etc.

Meredith is about an hour long boat ride, depending on how much of a hurry you are in. Wolfeboro is a much easier ride, and only about 40 minutes (and has a public dock and great restaurants).

Lastly, young kids will LOVE the beach and playground and swimming at Suissevale. It is no hassle for them as their parents go through all the trouble of reserving picnic tables and shuttling everyone down there :-)
mas1992bc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mas1992bc For This Useful Post:
Swilson (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 09:41 AM   #5
dpg

I wouldn't buy in Suissevale, my family has a home in there now. If you don't that will be less people on the beach...
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dpg For This Useful Post:
pcmc (04-22-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2015, 10:27 AM   #6
pcmc

Thumbs up Wish we were there now.

We have home here in Sussievale and love it.

Yes the beach can get crowded, but if you think about it, thats because its a great place. A beach area that everyone avoids is a red flag, not the beaches people favor.
The beach parties the association throw throughout the summer are a blast too. The only issues we personally have with the parties, are we are so darn tired from an active day to make it to the end. :>

Never once in six years has anyone said a word to us for beaching our boat in the designated area. I trailer my boat and like it, no problems there either for us.

I smile inside every time I open the garage door and see the mess of bicycles, bike helmets, beach chairs, canoe, paddles, life jackets, the boat, towing tube, skies .......

My one gripe would be the jerks that drive through speeding. It doesn't happen that often but you recognize the same cars over and over.

I will, and hopefully the association members see this, make a request for a few additional picnic tables. They are scarce and hard to come by, but I have never had a problem resting at a table that was being used by other beach patrons. We have actually met some incredibly nice people asking if we could share and use one end.

Sussievale gets two thumbs up from us!!

Also to point out, our comments only favor the summer, we don't take advantage of the snowmobiling out your driveway to the trails, skiing, ice fishing, winter festivals, etc....
Hopefully someday.
pcmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:03 PM   #7
stynx55

My place is in Balmoral, my buddies is in sussievalle, we both launch out of states landing, Sussievalle is a nice place, no issues. Balmoral can be ok depending on where you are.
stynx55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:25 PM   #8
pcmc

Balmoral is a nice area too. We are near States landing but in Sussievalle. The beach parties in Balmoral seem pretty fun, we can hear everyone enjoying themselves from our house.

I'm not sure if it's allowed or people see what they can get away with in Balmoral, but I've seen golf carts and a random mini bike or quad driving around there. Sussievalle doesn't allow those. I wish they did but I can see that getting out of hand quick.

Both are great areas.
pcmc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pcmc For This Useful Post:
Swilson (04-22-2015)
Old 04-22-2015, 07:43 PM   #9
mhtranger

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's allowed or people see what they can get away with in Balmoral, but I've seen golf carts and a random mini bike or quad driving around there.
They do allow golf carts but only on the cart patron the side of the main road (state owned) but can drive down all other (private) roads as if they are cars. Must be registered and insured.
mhtranger is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mhtranger For This Useful Post:
pcmc (04-22-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 05:33 AM   #10
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

We have a place in Suissevale. The beach gets busy especially on the holiday weekends but thats what makes it fun. The annual fee is 850 which includes water. The boat slip wait is long. I keep my boat at Ambrose Cove.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:10 AM   #11
LadyJane

I stayed at Suissevale last summer and loved it. There seems to be a very nice community feeling there. I rented.....and picked up after myself. The beach is great. I did not experience any problems with folks speeding, excessive noise or any other issues. Very nice and I'd return in a heart beat.
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote