Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default 68 & 70 Cattle Landing Rd, Meredith

Two waterfront homes, 68 and 70 Cattle Landing, which are next to one another and just up the road from my place have had realty for sale signs out front for about the last 18-months, and lo & behold, the smaller house at 68 Cattle Landing now has a Caldwell Banker-Bill Richards-SOLD sign out front.

Naturally, I want to know "how much did it finally sell for?" and what was its' 'ask for' price history, and how much over-selling-price does the town have it currently assessed at?

So, what's the latest sold price on this waterfront house? Anybody know.....and way-to-go ........ Bill buddy......you the SOLD man!
DotRat (04-03-2022)
Old 12-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
Brian Neidhardt

Default Sales Info for Cattle Landing

The house at 68 Cattle Landing was last listed for $725,000 and sold for $712,500. Originally the home was listed for $999,000 and had four price reductions over 673 days on the market.

The town of Meredith had the property assessed for $963,100. If anyone needs any further details about property sales history feel free to send me an e-mail or give me a call.

Brian Neidhardt
Realtor
603-738-3798
www.teamneidhardt.com
Brian Neidhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brian Neidhardt For This Useful Post:
fatlazyless (07-02-2013), secondcurve (12-19-2011), SunsetPointWentworth (07-02-2013)
Old 12-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
Mink Islander

Default 68 Cattle Landing

Per the MLS, the asking price was $725K and the assessed value was $963K. Don't know what the actual sales price was.
Mink Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mink Islander For This Useful Post:
secondcurve (12-19-2011)
Old 12-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default Taxes: $12,077.00

http://www.newenglandmoves.com/real-...b3fe743b937791

Quote:
-This fine home is located in the exclusive Cattle Landing area which is loaded with old lake history. There are two lots of record, one for the house and another for the septic system and any other future building you may desire. The views are what this area is known for. You face south and can see the Gunstock Ski area in the Belknap Mountain Range. The permanent dock is relatively new and the pilings are a permitted use and may be maintained, a real plus for open lake living. The custom built home was designed so that most rooms have views of the lake. The kitchen has a wall of built-ins and storage space for all your needs. The large master suite opens onto a mahogany deck and the lower level is easily adaptable to future expansion with the huge slider to the lake.

Room Dimensions

Living Room:14x18
Dining Room:15x11
Kitchen:10x13
Master Bedroom:11x13
Bedroom 2:12x11
Bedroom 3:12x11
Structural Information

Year Built:1978
Style:Contemporary, Ranch
Color:Taupe
Exterior:Wood
Construction:Wood Frame
Foundation:Concrete
Basement:Full, Unfinished, Walk Out
Roof:Pitched, Shingle-Asphalt
Hot Water:Electric
Electric:200 Amp, Circuit Breaker

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcdude For This Useful Post:
secondcurve (12-19-2011), SunsetPointWentworth (07-02-2013)
Old 12-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Neidhardt View Post
The house at 68 Cattle Landing was last listed for $725,000 and sold for $712,500. Originally the home was listed for $999,000 and had four price reductions over 673 days on the market.

The town of Meredith had the property assessed for $963,100. If anyone needs any further details about property sales history feel free to send me an e-mail or give me a call.

Brian Neidhardt
Realtor
603-738-3798
www.teamneidhardt.com
So's, the actual selling price was 26% off the assessed value.

For what it's worth, just maybe that may be a waterfront rule of tumb......er.....make that thumb......if you want to make your waterfront listing go from 'for sale' to sold, maybe figure a real sell for price that is 26% off the Meredith town assessed value.

$963,100 assessed x 74% = $712,694

So, that's a 26% discount ....off the assessed value....as a rule of thumb for a home which presumably was purchased with a mortgage loan from somewhere...like a bank or seller financing or somewhere....
Old 12-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #6
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

We've been over this subject in other threads, assessed value means nothing, nor does 'fair market value' or what something sells for... bottom line the tax rate is set based on the total assessed value of all property in town. If the rolling average of assessments are high the tax rate will be proportionately lower. If the rolling average of assessments are lower the tax rate will be higher. So go the games of what's your house really worth? Answer, what somebody is will to buy it for. A true indication in my opinion of fair market value. Now the new owners take that to the town and ask for a 26% (trusting your calculations here) drop in their assessed value think they will be successful? I highly doubt it!
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #7
fatlazyless

Default ....88 Cattle landing-fsbo-$3.2-mil

....here's a new one....88 Cattle Landing Rd, Meredith.....fsbo-cardboard hardware store sign posted out front as of yesterday ...asking $3.2-mil ....last purchased April 2007 for $2.6-mil by current owner who is a NY licensed broker www.highdomain.com .... photos & 8-minute youtube

... completely rebuilt by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitri_Khristich, Boston Bruins defenseman in 1998 ...that was a big, high score year for Dmitri .....go Bruins go ... just wait till next year!

...one of the three garage bays comes with a step-down, built-in, oil change pit for doing oil changes on the Mercedes ... no kidding !

This property includes two very nice houses; a great big, old, 4-bed or so, 3-story (maybe just 2 1/2?) sun-shine brite white, lake house immediately on the water on three sides, plus a 1998 guest house, and a three car garage with an attached, constant-current, indoor practice swim pool, and is very close to Horse Island and Flasher Buoy #3. Back around 1982, it was home to the Golden Horseshoe, a local watering hole and motor boat-in, pizza parlor!

The endless swim pool was added by the current owner in about 2010.

Here's hoping that this property gets purchased and occupied by a large family who lives there full time, and permanently; some family just like the Brady Bunch! I hear that Inter-Lakes has fewer students every year what with NH's aging population and that Inter-Lakes will be very happy to see a student increase. Inter-Lakes needs more students so a Brady Bunch would be very welcome!

And, how much are the annual property taxes for 88 Cattle Landing Rd ........... approximately $26018.74/year ....... in two six-month payments/annually..... the gift to Meredith that keeps on giving....yikes ?

July 12, 1996: sold for $349,000 .... and a few home improvements later ....

Supposedly, the beautiful two-bedroom mother-in-law house, built in about 1998 is considered to be a guest house by the town so it maybe cannot be rented out on an annual lease to help offset the annual property tax???

Meanwhile, the nearby house at 70 Cattle Landing, now asking $1,035,000, according to Zillow, sees a different real estate agency sign go up every six months, and 70-Cattle is still for sale going back at least to the above post of Dec 19, 2011?

And, a question for any local NH broker: Is listing a fsbo, cardboard, hardware store sign for this 88 Cattle, $3.2-mil property really going to get it sold? Imho .......probably.......no-way!

Does 3,200,000 x (something like?) 2.5% = $80,000 really work it or is that just a dumb question coming from me?

You know, back on Pleasant St, much closer to town, there's a another very large, recently constructed, about 5-years old?, waterfront home that also has a newly installed fsbo, hardware store sign out front, except that one just has a phone number on it? Like, what the heck good is just a phone number?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 07-11-2013 at 07:47 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #8
sea_n_ski

Default Could it be the Sun?

All of those houses have a northern exposure and the sun sets behind them. There is also a hill behind them up to the road. That means very little sun and lots of bugs. The views are great however.

I drive by them all the time and it seems like they are always on the market. Yet in my neighborhood just around the neck (SW facing) has almost no turn over. There was one that sold for over $1MM on Harris Rd., then was torn down and a maga mansion wes built in its place.

Real Estate is Location, Location , Location.

Real Estate is flying off the charts in So. NH. I just sold my house in that price range in six days. I have seen several homes in the past few months in that range down here sell within a few weeks. It must be the sun, or lack there of it.
sea_n_ski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sea_n_ski For This Useful Post:
DotRat (04-03-2022)
Old 07-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #9
fatlazyless

...too much late afternoon shade.....or maybe mid-afternoon shade: probably very much the case at 70 Cattle Landing which has been on the agency listed market unsold for maybe two years now....but 88 Cattle Landing, just on the fsbo market as of June 30, 2013, probably gets way more late afternoon sun what with it situated on a skinny, rocky peninsular that extends out toward Horse Island and was mucho filled-in land with rocks and soil, 1.22 acre, done back in the 1920's or so(?)....it has no basement as far as I know?.......every house is different and the only way to really tell is to go there and walk around at different times of day to guage the sun/shade exposure....but you gotta love that late day sunshine....doncha know!

.....how's about all the big money homes on the big, long, north side of Governor's Island ... it must be very depressing to be in a huge expensive home that gets no summer sun after 3-pm in July......boo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo !!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 07-02-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #10
Grey Goose

Default Governor's Island Happiness

Every Governor's Islander I ever met was happy and loving life. There is plenty of gorgeous hot sun on the north side of the island. The shade starts to come in right around cocktail hour which is perfect. Kind of impossible to be depressed when you are living on a beautiful island on an amazing lake surrounded by fun and happy friends and neighbors!
Grey Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
garysanfran

Default 88 Cattle Landing...

The old Golden Horseshoe Restaurant!
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:03 PM   #12
fatlazyless

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/3...here-my-people .....dated March 2, 2022 ... one month ago .... he reconstructed a big major renovation to 88 Cattle Landing Rd, Meredith in about 1998 .... former Boston Bruins player, Dmitri Khristich is there in Ukraine.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 04-02-2022 at 06:04 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fatlazyless For This Useful Post:
DotRat (04-03-2022)