Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2017, 05:33 AM   #1
dva

Default Cash stolen at Gilford laundry

Sunday afternoon around 230 our laundry machines were broken into and all the cash was taken from all the washers and dryers and also the change maker. All the locks were broken and repairs will be costly. If anyone has seen anything in the laundry PLEASE call GPD. The pictures of the thief and lookout are on Gilford PD facebook page.We are offering a $500 reward for info leading to their arrest. We cannot open until we alarm every cash draw and the cash machine. We have been open for over 8 years and never had anything taken or damaged. This was done with people coming in and out of the laundry and we are happy that none of our patrons were hurt or robbed.
dva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:36 AM   #2
secondcurve

No one called the police while the crime was in process? It had to have taken some time to break all the locks. This is sad.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:50 AM   #3
dva

Default laundry

There were 2 guys and when people came in they would sit down like they were waiting for there wash to be done.One guy was the lookout. I have it on video and it is unbelievable
The Following User Says Thank You to dva For This Useful Post:
secondcurve (01-24-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 09:38 AM   #4
HellRaZoR004

Some pictures...hope you find them!

HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:13 PM   #5
fatlazyless

Default .... so why do they do it?

Thinking reasonably; to do a break and entry theft like this while being recorded on camera is very dumb, so probably these two were not aware of the security camera. One would think that theft like this takes place when the thief thinks he can get away with it, without getting caught.

Thinking unreasonably; maybe they just did not think about the legal consequences, or care all that much, and just did it because they could.

I always wonder why the crime occurs.....like what were they thinking at the time?

Thankfully, the lakes region is an extremely crime free area, and with these very good security photos, these two will soon be wishing they never-ever did it in the first place.

If one ever is thinking about doing a theft like this ......just forget about it .... and go buy yourself a lottery ticket for the Power Ball, instead.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:26 PM   #6
Doobs41378

Those are pretty good pictures of them and the red pants should be a give away too. Hopefully they find them as nobody likes a thief.
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Doobs41378 For This Useful Post:
Winnigirl (01-25-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 12:51 PM   #7
jbolty

The worst part of a theft like this is, just like a car break in, there is thousands of dollars in damage so the thieves can net a few bucks.

I read somewhere not long ago about a bunch that stole air conditioning units worth something like $25000 and scrapped them for about $200 in copper,
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:25 PM   #8
codeman671

The pictures should give a solid lead. At some point once the dust settles you may want to consider upgrading the cameras, since I assume for the most part the place is unmanned?

1080P IP cameras are getting very cheap these days, and could have provided flawless facial shots.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:46 PM   #9
ITD

Losers, probably stealing to support drug habits. Sorry you were victimized.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:13 PM   #10
dva

Default luandry loss

I plan on putting an alarm on every machine at the cash box. Did not think I would need this up here. Vandalism has not been an issue. We will take the loss and move on. Great customers make it worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dva For This Useful Post:
pondguy (01-25-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 05:40 PM   #11
garysanfran

Default I am currently in a town in Mexico...And if

Someone gets caught doing any kind of theft, not only do they do some severe time in a Mexican jail, the town banishes them for life.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:35 PM   #12
Doobs41378

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
Someone gets caught doing any kind of theft, not only do they do some severe time in a Mexican jail, the town banishes them for life.
Are you trying to say it is more civilized and less corruption in Mexico than in Gilford?
Old 01-23-2017, 10:22 PM   #13
Misha888

Default Joking right?

You state "extremely crime free". You were stating that in jest, right? No heroin dealers, no break ins, no shootings, no home invasions, no armed robberies? You must follow NH1 news if you are not stating this in jest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Thinking reasonably; to do a break and entry theft like this while being recorded on camera is very dumb, so probably these two were not aware of the security camera. One would think that theft like this takes place when the thief thinks he can get away with it, without getting caught.

Thinking unreasonably; maybe they just did not think about the legal consequences, or care all that much, and just did it because they could.

I always wonder why the crime occurs.....like what were they thinking at the time?

Thankfully, the lakes region is an extremely crime free area, and with these very good security photos, these two will soon be wishing they never-ever did it in the first place.

If one ever is thinking about doing a theft like this ......just forget about it .... and go buy yourself a lottery ticket for the Power Ball, instead.
Reilly (01-24-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 06:16 AM   #14
wifi

Default Dva:

Have you considered switching your machines over to tokens or ecard ? Might be cheaper than alarming every machine, and give you just one point to secure and alarm, i.e. the token/ecard machine.
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #15
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha888 View Post
You state "extremely crime free". You were stating that in jest, right? No heroin dealers, no break ins, no shootings, no home invasions, no armed robberies? You must follow NH1 news if you are not stating this in jest.
For me, in my world, it is totally and almost completely 99.95% crime free. In the last 25-years, where I am in Meredith, the only ting ever, was to have an old 40hp Tohatsu outboard motor stolen out of my outside yard, off a saw horse stand, and I never should have left it out there in the first place, considering that it was about 25-years old and had just been re-spray painted bright metallic blue which made it look like new. Me-suspects it got lifted by the flooring contracting who was working late, redoing the basement ceramic tile floor next door with large tiles who saw it, out in my yard, when I was away, and could not resist lifting it away in the back of his van.

For me crime is very much non-existent, and my biggest threat is a fire at home, or a car accident like hitting a deer through the windshield, or being totally bored out of my mind.

Oh wait ..... just remembered ....about two-three months ago....I got my credit card number stolen by the DirecTV lady....but that was my fault too .....I made the big mistake of verbally communicating.....you know.....speaking on the telephone....my credit card number....to the DirecTV lady.....and among other stolen charges....there was an $85 charge to a Domino's Pizza in Los Angeles.....so's I will never ever never again verbally communicate my credit card number to anyone. Fortunately for me, the Meredith Village Savings cc-security was right there and caught it basically immediately.

My biggest threats; fire at home and that helpful DirecTV lady!!! ..... and maybe BAMBI the deer crashing through my car's windshield.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-24-2017 at 04:43 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:12 PM   #16
Reilly

Default Oh well

Insurances r for this reason-
Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:49 PM   #17
garysanfran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobs41378 View Post
Are you trying to say it is more civilized and less corruption in Mexico than in Gilford?

Jeeeeeez. Interpret it anyway you want. I'm not adding anything to a statement of fact. Is there crime in Mexico? Of course not...No crime at all in Mexico!!!!!!!! Nada! Get a life!!!
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post:
KPW (01-24-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 09:10 AM   #18
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
Insurances r for this reason-
depends on deductibles and coverages, but yes insurance could cover this. But is it worth it to file the claim if it is a relative small amount. But the damage to machines and the cash and the cost to repair would be included in the claim amount.

best to talk to your agent to decide to put a claim in or not, but an agent should never make that decision for you, you should, they should just be informing you
Old 01-25-2017, 02:36 PM   #19
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobs41378 View Post

Some barbaric countries likely will cut off the fingers of thieves......

TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:01 PM   #20
Doobs41378

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
Some barbaric countries likely will cut off the fingers of thieves......
Agreed, but they just found 12 headless people in Mexico so I thought comparing it to Gilford was not the best comparison is all.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:53 PM   #21
pcmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi View Post
Have you considered switching your machines over to tokens or ecard ? Might be cheaper than alarming every machine, and give you just one point to secure and alarm, i.e. the token/ecard machine.
This is the best set up imo.
Alarming everything in sight, may deter a thief, but removing money from the machines and you remove their motive.
There is the machine that you put dollars in, and that in turn charges a credit card that is used to activate the machines. Make the cash machine impossible to get to.

Best of luck catching them! I hope they are caught quick.
pcmc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pcmc For This Useful Post:
wifi (01-27-2017)