Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
Cristen

Default Need an exterminator

I am seeing ants in my house and cannot get rid of them. Tried those little ant cups, but no luck. Can someone please recommend an exterminator in the Moultonborough area? Thanks.
Cristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
GoSnow

We just had Frank from "The Ant Farm" in Belmont come out to the island & spray. So far, so good. He was recommended by my neighbor.
GoSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoSnow For This Useful Post:
Cristen (06-18-2009)
Old 06-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
Audiofn

If you can not get some one out there for a bit then go to Home Depot/Lowes/local hardware store and get the Ortho spray. You need to do the inside and out to get it to work but I have had very good luck with it.
Audiofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #4
beaner

I've had to call an exterminator for other critter infestations, but for ants I've had great luck with a product called "Terro". It's a clear, thick liquid that's available at most hardware stores. Put just a few drops on a small piece of cardboard, leave it where you see the ants (but away from kids/pets) and wait. Once the ants find it, they will "belly up to the bar" and drink up. It's fascinating to watch. You must resist the urge to crush them, as they will carry the poison back to the nest. After a few days, you won't see them again.
beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:34 AM   #5
BGB2

Default Carpenter Ants

I had a problem with carpenter ants that I couldn't solve with a number of types of insecticides. Now I use Terminex who spray around my house periodically[3-4 times a year]. The cost per visit is $75. I got a wide range of quotes from several services with varying degrees of expertise and products. If you use an exterminator, I recommend that you shop around as the prices and services can be wildly different. Also, you can select a service, then get them to lower their price. As I recall, there was a first-time charge that was higher than $75. I don't remember the cost of the first visit.

Am I happy with the service? Yes, but only because carpenter ants like termites can do real damage to your house. Still, it's a rather boring way to spend money. If you have minor league ants who are just an annoyance, an over-the -counter insecticide might work at a much lower cost.

Good luck.

Last edited by BGB2; 06-20-2009 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Typo
BGB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links