Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
Woodsy

Thumbs up The Laconia Local Eatery

Just had an AMAZING dinner @ The Laconia Local Eatery! They are located in the train station where the old Black Cat was. The menu is all locally sourced ingredients. Ms Woodsy had the Cobb Salad, and I had the Smoked Chicken Jalapeno Alfredo.... it was all soo delicious!

http://laconialocaleatery.com/

I wish Kevin & Gillian the best of luck with thier new venture! I know I will be there regularly!

Tell them Woodsy sent ya!
realtorauctioneer (09-30-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Overlake97

Default Menu looks great!

Have not been there (thanks for the alert), but the menu looks great! I saw something going on there a short while ago, but didn't give it much thought. Good to see the results. Are they in the Black Cat space only, or have they also taken over the space next door?
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
Overlake97

Thumbs up Woodsy sent us, and boy was he right!

Went to Local Eatery Wednesday night, arriving fairly early, around 5:30PM. When we pulled up the place looked almost closed, save for the short sandwich board sign near the entrance, boasting that no food item hailed from more than 138 miles away (I think). No lights could be seen inside, but we knew they were open because a single diner could be seen seated in the front window. Once inside, we became the third party. Contrast that with the scene just 45 minutes later: Every table filled (6 deuces and 5 four-tops) except one, 3 waitstaff busily making their rounds, one bartender trying hard to keep up (with one couple sitting at barstools [just four] cheering him on) and an open kitchen with flames rising regularly as two or three cooks worked the stoves. And the food? Just what Woodsy said: Amazing. I had checked out the menu online earlier (see post above), but Wednesday night's was slightly different..and just as interesting. My wife and I ended up ordering the following:

She had...

* Butternut squash latke, baby arugula, candied walnuts, honey sage cream $9 ("Excellent, and filling!")

* Green-less Greek salad: feta cheese, cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes, kalamata olives, garlic vinaigrette $10 ("Delicious, especially the dressing; the above two made a great vegetarian meal.")

I had...

* Lobster ravioli, vodka crème rosa, seared diver scallops, baby arugula & tomato salad $24 ("The ravioli, with actual chunks of Lobster, was great, as was the creme rosa - but the scallops were even better!" Next time I'll get the scallops (alone) entree, if it's still on the menu, which supposedly changes every 2 weeks or so. (By then, of course, there may be more tempting items). The above descriptions, I should note, were 'cut n pasted' right from their online menu http://laconialocaleatery.com/index.html ]

They also had 5 or 6 interesting beers on tap, and offered a 3-beer sampler ($7), which I took advantage of. Along with the drinks, we were served a nice crusty bread with an unusually good tomato-swirled olive oil dipping sauce. For dessert I had Apple Strudel, which came with two small scoops of vanilla ice cream. The Strudel was amazing (and enough for two, really), which I guess was to be expected, given that the owner of Local Eatery also owns the Laconia Village Bakery, but I'd never been there so was caught pleasantly off guard.

All things considered, on a 5-point rating scale we gave this new Laconia restaurant an easy 5! The only suggestion we offered to our waiter (who was also great/very professional) was that they string up some small lights inside, which would not only enhance the the dining room atmosphere but also make the restaurant look warmer and more inviting (and open!) from the street.
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote