Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
jetskier

Default The jerk is getting married

Let's hope he stays away from the lake. He was a horrible guest.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080106...lesarkozybruni
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
camp guy

Default The jerk is getting married

Preferrably, I would say, Mr. Sarkozy, President of France, is getting married. I live in Wolfeboro, where he visited last summer, and the overwhelming cause of the hub-bub was the press and photographers. So, once you learned to understand that fact, he, himself, and his family were quite pleasant. They shopped, made lots of stops at restaurants and retail in Town, and, quite frankly, helped the economy quite abit.

The much talked about boating incident during which he gave a piece of his mind to another boater may have been a little near the top, but have you ever been to the Weirs and Paugus Bay and not wanted to do the same thing.

Personally, I'd enjoy a return visit by him and his to-be new bride.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
Irish mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
Let's hope he stays away from the lake. He was a horrible guest.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080106...lesarkozybruni
Jerk......why ? What did he do ?

Last edited by Irish mist; 02-27-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:21 AM   #4
Mr. V

Curious, gossipy minds whiling away the cold winter nights want to know: is this fiance the same woman who was photographed with the Frog Prince on Winni?

Check the recent photo against the one that was in the thread last summer.

Could be, but hard to tell, her head is turned.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:52 AM   #5
dpg

His wife's welcome any time!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #6
secondcurve

A jerk? This is the first French President in quite some time who has tried to snuggle up to the USA. He is trying to help relations between his country and the USA.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #7
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
Curious, gossipy minds whiling away the cold winter nights want to know: is this fiance the same woman who was photographed with the Frog Prince on Winni?

Check the recent photo against the one that was in the thread last summer.

Could be, but hard to tell, her head is turned.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
Weirs guy

Anyone who takes as many vacations as this guy is a jerk! A summer visit here, Christmas vaca on the ocean......

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 08:39 AM   #9
Mark

Question Say what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirs guy View Post
Anyone who takes as many vacations as this guy is a jerk! A summer visit here, Christmas vaca on the ocean......
When does the number of vacations you take put you on the jerk scale? There is telecommuting. How many vacations are too many?

The jerk is getting married. Poor sportsmanship. Let him marry. At least he's not playing around in an oval office and fibbing about it.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #10
Winnigirl

He married her over the weekend.
Winnigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:50 AM   #11
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,628 Times in 563 Posts

Trying to figure out why Jetskier calls him a jerk when he is a friend of the USA and actually spends some money vacationing here.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #12
jetskier

Default Here is why

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Trying to figure out why Jetskier calls him a jerk when he is a friend of the USA and actually spends some money vacationing here.
He came to the US for vacation with his girl friend. The issue is that he made the press by jumping into a press boat when they tried to take his picture. The press was outside the restricted zone and had permission to be there. I just feel that he acted badly as a leader of state and it is a bit unseamly to be vacationing with your girl friend and get upset when someone takes your picture.

In addition, I would wonder how much was spent vs. the cost of having someone like that here in terms of security etc..
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:35 AM   #13
Hermit Cover

Default Le President will be back.....

If he marries Carla Bruni; model, singer-songwriter, heiress to an Italian tyre mfg. fortune...... (Ms. Bruni has a penchant for being associated with many men. Says "monogamy is boring" and had an affair with the son of the man she lived with...the son was married at the time and the two had a child. Let's see there was Mick Jagger, Eric Clapton, The Donald, Kevin Costner and a former French Prime Minister.etc. etc. etc) I would guess that Mr. Sarkozy will be back next summer licking his wounds and sporting his next new girlfriend. To be continued.....
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:36 AM   #14
DREAMS

Default Wait until Romney becomes President on Lake Winni

Worried about the french President. YOu better not vote Romney for President or we will be hassled at Lake Winni year after year with another pompus followed by photographers and news media watching his daily activity. Leave Lake Winni to the simple folks who yearn for peace and privacy free from politics and media.
DREAMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #15
jrc

"Wait until Romney becomes President on Lake Winni"

In the abstract this is scary, but I don't think he can beat Hillary. But should everything fall in his favor, can Laconia airport handle Air Force One?
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #16
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
"Wait until Romney becomes President on Lake Winni"

In the abstract this is scary, but I don't think he can beat Hillary. But should everything fall in his favor, can Laconia airport handle Air Force One?
Laconia Municipal Airport does not have sufficient runway length to accomodate a 747.

He'd fly into Manchester, and take a helicopter to the lake.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #17
tis

Thanked 1,386 Times in 960 Posts

He would most likely go to Portsmouth and then fly into Laconia or even helicopter right to his house? The former Pease Air Force Base has a great runway which I believe is still used by the NH National Guard. Bush lands there when he goes to Kennebunkport.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #18
Drummer Girl

Default Air Force One

Air force One is any US Air Force aircraft that is carrying the President.
Drummer Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #19
jrc

Yes Drummer Girl is right, I forgot that detail.

I was talking about one of the two 747's that usually carry the President and his entourage. I'm pretty sure Laconia and Manchester are too small. Pease is plenty big. Is there room to land a helicopter at Mitt's place?
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #20
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Is there room to land a helicopter at Mitt's place?
Not yet, but our tax dollars would sure pay for a nice one.

I'd bet the 747 would land at Pease due to it being slower and more secure then Manchvegas, but I believe (and could be completely wrong-o) that a 747 can land there too.

Now?
Old 01-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #21
ossipeeboater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirs guy View Post
Not yet, but our tax dollars would sure pay for a nice one.

I'd bet the 747 would land at Pease due to it being slower and more secure then Manchvegas, but I believe (and could be completely wrong-o) that a 747 can land there too.
no issues landing any plane at pease, 11,300 foot runway
ossipeeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #22
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossipeeboater View Post
no issues landing any plane at pease, 11,300 foot runway
Duh, stupid me. Didn't they design that runway for B52's?!?!

Now?
Old 01-25-2008, 02:43 PM   #23
trfour

Post If a loaded Air Force C5A..

can land at Manchester Airport, so can the 747 version of Air Force One.

Here's a related story that I posted here in another thread back on 09-04-2004.

I am a mechanic, by trade, heavy trucks and equipment. I was working on some heavy equipment in Manchester earlier this year at a construction site next to the Manchester Airport with a great view of the runways when a military C5A came in for a landing. My heart started pumping faster as I watched. Then all of a sudden the Sky's were full of helicopter gunships on patrol around the airport. at this point, it's a good thing that I did not have my camera with, as I would have not gotten any work done! Then after a while, here comes Air Force One in for a landing!
Got to see the motorcade running down the runway leaving the airport on a political stop by our President for his two hour visit here.

I am going to tell you, I enjoyed this day, and managed to get my work done, as well!!

The C5A was carrying all of the Secret Service vehicles and support equipment.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:40 AM   #24
the frenchman's wife

Cool aww leave Sarkozy alone

Let's start by saying I'm American and lived in Center Harbor for many years, raising my daughters there until I met my French Prince Charming and here I am in France.

Sarkozy is warm to the US. Charaq wasn't. We need more friends so let this friend come to our country and enjoy it to the fullest. Seriously, Bush's crass attitude towards alies has been losing us friends for quite some time now. We need to repair that! (for the record, I voted for Bush). I still think he's a great guy that needs to learn to play well with others.

For the record, Sarkozy went to Wolfeboro with his WIFE, not his girlfriend. So if you saw anyone it was Celia. They divorced later (October) and it was HER that pursued the divorce. Celia's had a history of extramarital affairs. Sarkozy met Carla for the first time late summer but didn't get involved with her until after him and his wife got divorced.

Have a great day!
the frenchman's wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #25
phoenix

i would welcome him back this summer
Old 02-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #26
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
i would welcome him back this summer
To each his own.

I would "welcome" Celia back this summer.

Sounds like I'd have a good chance to get lucky.

Just doing my bit for international relations.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #27
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default Reality check

Many thanks to "the frenchman's wife" for her very wise perspective and reality checks. She is right on target!
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #28
camp guy

Default Sarkozy's wife

Here !, Here !, to Phoenix and Frenchman's Wife. I live in Wolfeboro and found him to be a pleasant visitor, interested in the Town, and an active participant in the local economy. It is not his fault that world press people followed him around and interfered with his vacation time. The only people who had to be "spoken to" by the local police were members of the press, and not local (USA) press.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #29
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default Wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the frenchman's wife View Post
Let's start by saying I'm American and lived in Center Harbor for many years, raising my daughters there until I met my French Prince Charming and here I am in France.

Sarkozy is warm to the US. Charaq wasn't. We need more friends so let this friend come to our country and enjoy it to the fullest. Seriously, Bush's crass attitude towards alies has been losing us friends for quite some time now. We need to repair that! (for the record, I voted for Bush). I still think he's a great guy that needs to learn to play well with others.

For the record, Sarkozy went to Wolfeboro with his WIFE, not his girlfriend. So if you saw anyone it was Celia. They divorced later (October) and it was HER that pursued the divorce. Celia's had a history of extramarital affairs. Sarkozy met Carla for the first time late summer but didn't get involved with her until after him and his wife got divorced.

Have a great day!

Winni.com goes international... cool... How do you like France? My brother spent 6 months there and didn't think the "locals" were very friendly to Americans.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:20 AM   #30
the frenchman's wife

Default oh come on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
Winni.com goes international... cool... How do you like France? My brother spent 6 months there and didn't think the "locals" were very friendly to Americans.
Where did you brother go?

I LOVE France. This is the second time we've lived here. In between we were in England for two years and then Upstate NY for four. I'm not 100% fluent in French but I get by pretty well. We've been here this time (near the Germany and Swiss boarders) for almost a year and a half now. Let me tell you, we are celebrities! The locals LOVE us here. The teenagers wait for me at the gate in the schoolyard so they can practice their English with me. They start learning English in 3rd grade. As soon as I'm fluent in my French (currently taking a course at the local university) I will find a way to get into the schools and teach English or volunteer. I want these French people to get a taste of the good ol' American English rather than the British English haha I have a very good friend here that speaks perfect English (she's French). Initially, I thought she was British because when she speaks English she's got such a British accent!

Honestly, everywhere I've been, people have been generally pleasant. There are some pretty ignorant people occasionally, but you find those anywhere in the US as well. (the French do not like Bush, but they love the American people and still live for that "American dream".)

People are people no matter where you are standing.

I raised two daughters in the Meredith area with my first husband and now have two little one's (boy 4 and girl 6) with my second husband. We speak English at home. My husband speaks to the kids (now) 90% in French. Our daughter started 1st grade this year and is FLUENT in French already and get's straight A's on her report card! Our little guy understands the language and speaks it, but prefers English still and won't talk to anyone in French unless absolutely necessary. Stubborn little boy, but he's still only 4 1/2.

Honestly, people that go to Paris on vacation or whatnot get the impression that the French are not friendly. Think about it. The majority of French people you see in Paris are there for business. The city is PACKED with cars and people everywhere. Business people on their way to important meetings simply don't appreciate being stopped in the street by other people who do not speak the language. Therefore, you get the attitude, which is really understandable, don't you think?

Don't anyone shoot me, but I know myself when I was living in Meredith and had to go into town on any given summer day and got stuck in traffic forever and most of the cars had Mass plates on them, I wasn't thinking too kindly of those tourists either. By the way, I was born in Lowell, but moved to NH when I was 11.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:24 AM   #31
the frenchman's wife

Default you nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
To each his own.

I would "welcome" Celia back this summer.

Sounds like I'd have a good chance to get lucky.

Just doing my bit for international relations.

LOL Mr V There's been a few books written about Celia that she's not too happy about. I haven't read them but apparently they don't paint her in a very good light. She used to be a model and is still very naturally beautiful. Seems Sarkozy likes the model types - his new wife, Carla, is also a former model and a singer
Old 02-14-2008, 01:27 AM   #32
the frenchman's wife

Thumbs up wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfour View Post
can land at Manchester Airport, so can the 747 version of Air Force One.

Here's a related story that I posted here in another thread back on 09-04-2004.

I am a mechanic, by trade, heavy trucks and equipment. I was working on some heavy equipment in Manchester earlier this year at a construction site next to the Manchester Airport with a great view of the runways when a military C5A came in for a landing. My heart started pumping faster as I watched. Then all of a sudden the Sky's were full of helicopter gunships on patrol around the airport. at this point, it's a good thing that I did not have my camera with, as I would have not gotten any work done! Then after a while, here comes Air Force One in for a landing!
Got to see the motorcade running down the runway leaving the airport on a political stop by our President for his two hour visit here.

I am going to tell you, I enjoyed this day, and managed to get my work done, as well!!

The C5A was carrying all of the Secret Service vehicles and support equipment.

That is soooooo cool! I would loved to have seen that, but probably wouldn't have gotten much work done. Good for you for sticking to task!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #33
trfour

tfw,

Yes, the O'l turbocharger in my heart sertanly kicked in that day. I'm happy that you enjoyed my rambelings on.

Thank you for your charming eloquence.
and tell your Husband that i said... He's a lucky guy.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #34
the frenchman's wife

Thumbs up warm fuzzies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfour View Post
tfw,

Yes, the O'l turbocharger in my heart sertanly kicked in that day. I'm happy that you enjoyed my rambelings on.

Thank you for your charming eloquence.
and tell your Husband that i said... He's a lucky guy.

awwwwww