Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2005, 08:41 PM   #1
DT Diesel

Default Public Ramp in Meredith

Has anyone used the public ramp on Lovejoy Sands Rd? I've heard it's next to Shep Browns, how is the condition of it? Is there trailer parking nearby? I have an 18 foot open bow which I've trailered around for a year. Any info and directions on the ramp would be greatly appreciated.
DT Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:32 PM   #2
CentreHarborEric

Default Lovejoy Sands Ramp

That ramp is wide and was in very good condition last year. We have a 1970 Chris Craft that is 25' long and about a 10' beam, so we are very restricted as to where we launch. That ramp has never failed us. Hopefully we will be using it soon!
CentreHarborEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:37 PM   #3
CentreHarborEric

Default Sorry, directions were not in that last post

You have the location right...it is more or less part of Shep Brown's. From the traffic lights in Meredith (Route 3/Route 25), go east on 25 for a very short time, take a right on Pleasant St following the water, turns into Meredith Neck Road shortly after, follow signs for Sheps...Lovejoy Sands Rd will be on your left. If you drove straight down that road, you would drive right down the ramp and into the lake. The docks on the left of the ramp (looking at the water) are public docks, so tie up there, and make sure you look for trailer parking signs back up near the Neck road.
CentreHarborEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:57 PM   #4
codeman671

It is a good ramp to use. The overall docking is quite smaller than at Glendale but since Glendale is a lot more restrictive for use it is a good alternative. It is plenty big for any size boat and has ample room to manuever/back in. Glendale can be rather tough to get in and out of when the lower lot spaces fill up. I put my 22' boat in at Glendale on Saturday and had to worm my way around many cars to get a good shot at the ramp. If anyone had a bigger truck/suv or longer trailer than mine they would have been in trouble. I went to Shep Browns to meet a friend after launching mine to meet a friend and help them launch, it was a much easier facility to use. You also have the gas pumps and an excellent marina at your disposal in Meredith. I hear that the trailer parking can fill up quickly so get there early on a busy weekend.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:00 PM   #5
Islander

The town charges for using the ramp, I think ten dollars. But they only charge when the attendant is on duty. Thats only peak times like weekends.

Don't park the trailer in the public lot by the water. There is a gravel lot up the hill for trailers.

There is no overnight docking allowed.
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2005, 09:44 AM   #6
Fat Jack

And lock your truck up tight. There have been a lot of break-ins and a couple of trailers stolen in the last couple of years. I had all my CD's taken last summer in the middle of the day. It is about seven miles from the police station and the crooks seem to know that they cannot get caught.
Jack
Fat Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:55 PM   #7
fatlazyless

Default ...a hotdog cart

What that place needs is a hotdog or a taco vendor or something. It's a two lane boat put-in with the town owning the left lane and Shep Brown owns the right so don't let the town charge you if you use the right lane and Shep's closes at 5pm.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 05:28 PM   #8
Bear Islander

The place needs a hot dog cart. Like they have in Center Harbor.

It also needs for the police to come and impound a couple of boats that think the public dock is their private summer slip.
Bear Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:30 PM   #9
DT Diesel

Thanks to everyone for the good advice, hopefully the weather will improve so we all can get out there and enjoy.

Is Glendale open to the public? I thought you had to be a Gilford Resident with some sticker to use it.
DT Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:44 AM   #10
SIKSUKR

Glendale town docks is for Gilford residents and/or visitors with a parking permit only.During the summer months there usually is a man monitoring who uses the ramp and the parking area. SS
Old 05-20-2005, 09:51 AM   #11
jrc

A little more detail on that. A Gilford taxpayer (you do not have to be a resident) can get stickers for their cars (there may be a maximum of two) and a card that their guest can put in the guest's card. I think guests must park in the back parking lot. During the summer weekends there always seems to be a uniformed officer at the lot. I assume that if you have a sticker or card you can launch and retreive boats, as well as park.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 02:01 PM   #12
SIKSUKR

You are correct jrc.You must park in the furthest lot after launching.Your resident card must be visible on the dashboard so the patrol person can see it. SS