Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-25-2010, 06:04 AM   #1
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts
Default Old Boats in Wolfeboro today

Just a reminder,
Today is the Old Boat and car day in Wolfeboro today. 9-3
So parking and traffic will be fun...

http://www.necacbs.org/WolfeboroRendezvous.htm

Also it is only 3 more months 'Till Xmas..........Have you gotten your shopping done yet? LOL!
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:48 AM   #2
Yosemite Sam

You can watch the boat's and car's arrive at Wolfeboro Bay by clicking on the below link:

http://wolfecam.com/wolfecam.php
Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default No Parking!

We went to Wolfeboro yesterday by boat to see the show. All docks were taken up by the antique boats which is understandable and most if not all of the parking lot in front of the docks were taken up by the antique cars...

Maybe next year they will smarten up and have the cars on one day and boats on another so people can attend...

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
We went to Wolfeboro yesterday by boat to see the show. All docks were taken up by the antique boats which is understandable and most if not all of the parking lot in front of the docks were taken up by the antique cars...

Maybe next year they will smarten up and have the cars on one day and boats on another so people can attend...

Dan
I agree with you ishoot308, it looks like the only ones who can get close to Wolfeboro Bay are the owners of the antique cars and boats.
Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
Lakesrider

Well I took my little '65 Cobra. I parked out in the street and there was plenty of parking if you got there early. There were two docks that had signs that said Island residents only. I didn't know the town provided parking for Island only boats?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
Argie's Wife (09-27-2010), Sal (09-26-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
Just Sold

It was a very good show and they even had a live band. We drove up from S. NH and parking was tight in town but we got a place up by 109 & 28 split.

They did have a few Islander only boat spaces at the docks. I can see this as necessary as Islanders can't get in their car and come over if they need something at the store in Wolfeboro.

I posted photos in the Gallery.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
Well I took my little '65 Cobra. I parked out in the street and there was plenty of parking if you got there early. There were two docks that had signs that said Island residents only. I didn't know the town provided parking for Island only boats?

No fair, Lakesrider! I looked for your car IN THE SHOW! I was hoping to meet you and your car. We went around 1:30 and it was packed! We rode around until we finally found a parking space.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #8
Lakesrider

LOL. Yeah I did not want to park "Inside" Not that I am cheap or anything, but I knew I couldn't stay all day. I got stuff ta do ya know. I actually took my car to it's little condo garage by the airport in Gilford. Wasn't sure if I was going to do the Kanc' next Sat or not. I want to get up there before it goes past peak and get some good photos...
So I parked on the street and had quite a few people stop and talk about the car. People in Wolfeboro are great....Very friendly folk up here. Big difference from the snotty car shows that I am used to going to in some other States...
I know parking was an issue but the venue just can't be beat. Cars next to the Lake, and old boats in the Lake. Scenery second to none. Weather was perfect. People were friendly, (For that time in the morning anyways )

I thought it was awesome.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:22 PM   #9
patman

I stumbled on the show completely by accident. Coincidentally, I decided to take the Nova out for a drive to W'boro to get dog food at WinniPaw Station. I saw a couple of nice cars parked on Main St., then saw the signs for the show. Parking was very tight, but after a couple of loops, I managed to get a spot in front of Bootlegger's. I got to check out the show, and still remembered to hit WinniPaw on the way back. Good quality cars at the show, but a very small area to fit them into. Maybe next year I'll even remember there is a show on and get there early enough to participate!
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:17 AM   #10
riverat

It was agreat show! Does anybody know who won the contest? We voted for our favorites but did not stay to hear the outcome. favorite Boat and favorite Car.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #11
rider

Default low lake level

made it possible to pass under the bridge and dock at the public docks there, why couldn't they of rafted up there to conserve spots?
rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #12
kaj

We made it to Wolfboro around 1:00, took a few minutes but found a parking spot. Was a nice show and great weather to walk around and poke in the shops