Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #1
Biggd

Thanked 1,073 Times in 678 Posts

I'm getting the vacine as soon as it's available to me, not just for my protection but my concern for others also. I want to do my part to slow the spread. If the goverment injects a GPS tracker into to my I hope they give my family the APP.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Last edited by Biggd; 12-09-2020 at 06:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
pondguy (12-09-2020)
Old 12-09-2020, 07:06 PM   #2
ApS

Arrow There are two Injections: Some Will Be Protected after One...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I'm getting the vaccine as soon as it's available to me, not just for my protection but my concern for others also. I want to do my part to slow the spread. If the goverment injects a GPS tracker into to my I hope they give my family the APP.
1) One hundred million Americans are promised one hundred million vaccinations starting January 20th, 2021. The rest of us can be vaccinated in late March to early April, 2021.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...pring-n1247232

2) The first person to receive the American version (Pfizer) received the very first injection this past Tuesday.

This occurred in Britain!

Last edited by ApS; 12-09-2020 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Add URL
Old 12-10-2020, 08:39 AM   #3
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I'm getting the vacine as soon as it's available to me, not just for my protection but my concern for others also. I want to do my part to slow the spread. If the goverment injects a GPS tracker into to my I hope they give my family the APP.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
This has always been my thought process. I have gotten the flu shot, not for my purpose, but to make sure I would not pass it on inadvertently to someone else. When my grandchildren were born, everyone in the family had to get booster shots for whooping cough so that we would not pass it to the new babies before they were able to be vaccinated. To me it’s just common sense and the right thing to do.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:49 AM   #4
Biggd

Thanked 1,073 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
This has always been my thought process. I have gotten the flu shot, not for my purpose, but to make sure I would not pass it on inadvertently to someone else. When my grandchildren were born, everyone in the family had to get booster shots for whooping cough so that we would not pass it to the new babies before they were able to be vaccinated. To me it’s just common sense and the right thing to do.
I get the flue shot every year because my grand children are germ spreaders. They are always sick and when they come over they like to give me lots of hugs, kisses, and gems.
I will say this virus has reduced their sick time and also mine.

Last edited by Biggd; 12-10-2020 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:31 AM   #5
pondguy

With all my health problems as soon as I can get the Covid vaccine I will its been a long 10 months at home.
The Following User Says Thank You to pondguy For This Useful Post:
Biggd (12-10-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2020, 10:56 AM   #6
Susie Cougar

Let’s hope enough people get the vaccine so we have herd immunity. After all this time, like you say, we have all sacrificed a lot and it shouldn’t be for nothing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susie Cougar For This Useful Post:
Biggd (12-10-2020), pondguy (12-10-2020)
Old 12-10-2020, 12:57 PM   #7
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Default Laconia Oct 3 ice hockey ref tests positive

Quote:
What might be common sense for some isn’t for others. I do not put any unnecessary medications or vaccines in my body that’s common sense to me.

Really not understanding the whooping cough issue. We have had many new children in our family and it have never been recommended we all get a booster for whooping cough.

Maybe this particular child had an underlying issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 12-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #8
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
What might be common sense for some isn’t for others. I do not put any unnecessary medications or vaccines in my body that’s common sense to me.

Really not understanding the whooping cough issue. We have had many new children in our family and it have never been recommended we all get a booster for whooping cough.

No underlying issues, it is standard caregiving now. Have you never seen the commercials on TV with the big bad wolf coughing on the innocent baby? My oldest grand child is 12 years old so this would’ve been before he was born. My daughter’s obstetrician told her that we all need to get booster shots, if we were to come in contact with the baby before he could be vaccinated himself.
Not sure why you’ve never heard about it.
Old 12-10-2020, 03:05 PM   #9
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
No underlying issues, it is standard caregiving now. Have you never seen the commercials on TV with the big bad wolf coughing on the innocent baby? My oldest grand child is 12 years old so this would’ve been before he was born. My daughter’s obstetrician told her that we all need to get booster shots, if we were to come in contact with the baby before he could be vaccinated himself.

Not sure why you’ve never heard about it.
Honestly never heard it before. Maybe just not common where in from in New York.