Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
salukigirl

Default NH natives - Car seat laws?

Can anyone tell me what the car seat laws (age/wieght) are in NH? In IL the law is that all childern up until the age of 8 must be in a booster seat. We are flying this year instead of driving, so I am trying to figure out if I need to lug my son's car seat through the airport with us! Thanks for the help
salukigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
DRH

Default Here's the NH Seat Belt Law

New Hampshire
TITLE 21 Motor Vehicles
CHAPTER 265 Rules Of The Road

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/.../265-107-a.htm

265:107-a Child Passenger Restraints Required. –
I. No person shall drive a motor vehicle on any way while carrying as a passenger a person less than 18 years of age unless such person is wearing a seat or safety belt which is properly adjusted and fastened. If the passenger is less than 6 years of age and is less than 55 inches in height, the passenger shall be properly fastened and secured by a child passenger restraint which is in accordance with the safety standards approved by the United States Department of Transportation in 49 C.F.R. section 571.213. Except as provided in paragraph II, no person shall drive a motor vehicle on any way while carrying as a passenger a person less than 18 years of age unless the motor vehicle was designed for and equipped with the passenger restraints specified above.
I-a. No person who is less than 18 years of age shall drive a motor vehicle on any way unless such person is wearing a seat or safety belt which is properly adjusted and fastened.
II. A person shall not be guilty of a violation of this section if the motor vehicle the person is driving is regularly used to transport passengers for hire, is a school bus weighing more than 10,000 pounds or is a school bus weighing less than 10,000 pounds that was manufactured without safety belts, or there is an individual education plan statement contraindicating the use of restraints, is a vehicle manufactured before 1968, is a motorcycle as defined in RSA 259:63 , is an antique motor car or motorcycle as defined in RSA 259:4, or is being operated in a parade authorized by law or ordinance, provided that the parade vehicle is travelling at a speed of no more than 10 miles per hour.
III. Any driver who violates the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a violation, and shall be subject to the following fines:
(a) $25 for a first offense.
(b) $50 for a second or subsequent offense.
IV. A violation of this section shall not be used as evidence of contributory negligence in any civil action.
V. A conviction for violating the provisions of this section shall not preclude prosecution of any other offense for which violation of this section might constitute an element.

9/05
Old 04-25-2006, 05:32 AM   #3
dpg

If the passenger is less than 6 years of age and is less than 55 inches in height, the passenger shall be properly fastened and secured by a child passenger restraint which is in accordance with the safety standards approved by the United States Department of Transportation in 49 C.F.R. section 571.213.

What's a child passenger restraint, is that a car/booster seat???
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:55 AM   #4
Purplerobinsnest

Smile Child Safety

Yes, It is a booster or car seat. My mother is a pediatric nurse and she says the doctors are recommending the booster or car seat to the age of 8.
Purplerobinsnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:35 PM   #5
salukigirl

thank for helping out! Apperantly the rental companies at Manchester airport will rent out boster seats, so to be safe I am going to rent one.
salukigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links