Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default Gypsy and Angel Boy Need Your Help!

From the Baysider....
Quote:
GYPSY and ANGEL BAY - SENIOR DOGS IN NEED OF CARE

LACONIA

— New Hampshire Humane Society has a long history of standing up for animals, advocating for them, protecting them during their darkest hours, providing safe harbor, comfort and medical care that ultimately saves the lives of these unwanted creatures, restoring them to health when no others could do so. Two very special dogs are in desperate need at the shelter on Meredith Center Road, Laconia. Gypsy, aged eight, and Angel Boy, nine, two handsome Shelties, are facing some significant health issues. Slim resources in the community abound as advocacy at New Hampshire Humane Society when owners experience the clutches of a deeply squeezing recession. Angel Boy and Gypsy are now under the care of the animal shelter in Laconia, their owner faced with the prospect of homelessness with his two senior dogs; an unbearable scenario. Purchased eight years ago and having spent their lives together, these two lovely dogs, gentle of spirit, calm, still trying to please, are suffering from a number of health issues. Both have serious periodontal disease, which puts them in a precarious position for infection. Angel Boy especially is extremely delicate; his mouth bleeds when trying to eat or drink. Both he and his sister, Gypsy have a multitude of tumors; the hope is that they are benign. Some of these tumors impede movement, and need to be surgically removed. Surgery brings risk; these older dogs are already compromised, but NHHS staff members are committed to helping them. Angel Boy and Gypsy suffer daily pain, pain that could be eliminated with veterinary intervention. Animals sadly do not have health insurance in the same way people do, and the cost of caring for two wonderful companions was far out of the reach of their owner, but not out of the reach of NHHS, with a little help from similarly minded caring people. Shelter spokesperson Marylee Gorham said, “Gypsy and Angel Boy are two dogs that deserve a second chance. Our restricted Willow Fund is set up to provide care for such animals. At the moment, this fund is depleted, but with a little help from the community we can move towards care and a new loving home for the pair.Any donation, in any amount, $5, $10, whatever folks can give, will allow us to do the right thing for these beautiful creatures.” Canine department supervisor Lauren Richard further added, “we really want to provide the care and a permanent home for the dogs. They have been through so much in the way of upsets and turmoil. I personally promised the former owner I would do everything in my power to keep the dogs together. We may be looking at a hospice home but it’s too early to know that until we can access the veterinary care they truly need.” New Hampshire Humane Society is a private animal shelter committed to caring for more than 2,000 animals annually that arrive as strays, abandoned or unwanted. No adoptable animal is ever euthanized for space or time constraints; they are assured warmth and comfort until a permanent home is found, no matter how long the wait. Donations can be mailed to NHHS,P.O.Box 572, Laconia NH 03247, or via Web donation; go to www.nhhumane.org

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
SIKSUKR

Being an animal lover,I feel for these dogs but you have wonder with the shape they are in,is it really worth the expense for old dogs that are not your own.By the way,there certainly is health insurance for dogs.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:00 AM   #3
dpg

Yeah a real, real shame. I'm afraid these two guys would be a real tough sell to find a home for them. I know I have a dog with issues and would NEVER give up on him but to adopt one and know I'm taking on such issues I just don't know.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote