Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2008, 11:42 PM   #1
Outlaw

Default NH Humane Society Needs Your Help

The New Hampshire Humane Society asks for your help. They are hosting the biggest project ever; The 2008 Designer Show House.

If you check out the website (http://www.nhhumane.org/events.htm) click on Designer House you will see the information relating to this or the attached PDF.
  • The home is on Serenity Lane in Meredith, about a mile from the shelter
  • The tour dates are Saturday July 26- August 10
  • Everyday from 10-5 including weekends
They are in 'great' need for volunteers interested in joining this project as 'House Docents', that can volunteer for a shift, which is 3.5 hours. The house is open to the public for viewing, and the House Docents will usher folks through, talk about the project and the room or space you would be assigned to. Training will be given. You can offer to help for one day or as many days as you can possibly do. It should be an exciting event and a great opportunity to meet many people, people which you will share a common interest with - to help all the fur babies at the shelter, because 100% of the proceeds will benefit the Shelter.

Please contact Sharon Tyler, Board President Emeritus, at 527 1421 directly if you can offer some valuable time.

Thank you from all the Fur Babies at the shelter and Outlaw
Attached Images
File Type: pdf NHHS Designer Show House.pdf (190.1 KB, 412 views)
Old 04-29-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Jeti

Thumbs up NH Humane Events

This is a great organization, Remember to come on out for Hectors Ride, My band the Rusty Cadillacs will be entertaining the crowd after the ride!
See you all then..

www.rustycadillacs.com
Jeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
nicole

Wow thanks for posting. Not everyone has a chance to volunteer at the shelter on the regular basis but this gives everyone a chance that wants to help out.

Thanks,

Nicole
nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
froggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
The New Hampshire Humane Society asks for your help. They are hosting the biggest project ever; The 2008 Designer Show House.

If you check out the website (http://www.nhhumane.org/events.htm) click on Designer House you will see the information relating to this or the attached PDF.
  • The home is on Serenity Lane in Meredith, about a mile from the shelter
  • The tour dates are Saturday July 26- August 10
  • Everyday from 10-5 including weekends
They are in 'great' need for volunteers interested in joining this project as 'House Docents', that can volunteer for a shift, which is 3.5 hours. The house is open to the public for viewing, and the House Docents will usher folks through, talk about the project and the room or space you would be assigned to. Training will be given. You can offer to help for one day or as many days as you can possibly do. It should be an exciting event and a great opportunity to meet many people, people which you will share a common interest with - to help all the fur babies at the shelter, because 100% of the proceeds will benefit the Shelter.

Please contact Sharon Tyler, Board President Emeritus, at 527 1421 directly if you can offer some valuable time.

Thank you from all the Fur Babies at the shelter and Outlaw
The PDF was created as a "for position only" PROOF.

However, we obtained a proof of the view from the deck of the house photographed maybe ten days ago, when lakes and ponds in distance still had lots of ice and snow cover.
Attached Images

Last edited by froggy; 04-30-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: snow & iced over ponds.....
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #5
Outlaw

Default Volunteer for a day

We are still in need of your help. If you can spare a few hours, just for one day (weekday or weekend), that would be a tremendous help to all the fur babies who depend on us humans.

Additional pictures and information on this open house can be found at the shelter's link: http://www.nhhumane.org/events.htm#Designer%20House

Just a few of the babies who would appreciate your time (better yet, they would totally love to come home with you )
Old 05-13-2008, 10:08 AM   #6
nicole

I just called and spoke with Nancy and let her know I could volunteer for a few shifts. As it gets closer, we will meet for training and sign up for shifts then. Anything to help the little furbabies out

Nicole
Old 05-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
nicole

I meant to type that I spoke with Sharon-I am unable to edit my post

Sorry.

Nicole
Old 05-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #8
KellyG

What is the designer house for? Will someone be living in it eventually? We will be up that way on August 9 - 16 and I think that migh be something to go see, which would also help the humane society.
KellyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:42 PM   #9
Outlaw

Question Good Question???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyG View Post
What is the designer house for? Will someone be living in it eventually? We will be up that way on August 9 - 16 and I think that migh be something to go see, which would also help the humane society.
Excellent question KellyG. Let me find the answer to this and I'll post it.

You're visiting the house will most definitely help the fur babies. I encourage you to stop by when you are here. Thanks so much.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #10
Outlaw

Default Kuddos

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole View Post
I meant to type that I spoke with Sharon-I am unable to edit my post

Sorry.

Nicole
Exellent Nicole!!!!! Thank you so much for wanting to help out the fur babies. We all appreciate what you are doing.

(by the way, whenever I have typos or errors in my emails, I try to make the excuse that one of my 4 Shelter fur babies walked across the keyboard.....sometimes it works. )
Old 05-15-2008, 11:57 PM   #11
Outlaw

Default It's For Sale

A quick search on the internet revealed this much so far about the Designer Show House. For a cool $1,875,000 it can be yours. It is a buyers market right now isn't it? so I'm confident you could make a lower offer.

It's being offered by the Bean Group. Here's the link to their website and directly to the home: http://www.beangroup.com/real_estate...eredith/640424
If you do not want to use the above link, you can search on 2008 designer show house, meredith, NH

I will see if the Shelter has anything to add to this.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:48 AM   #12
Airwaves

I only wish I could go or help, but for what it's worth I only adopt dogs from shelters or rescue groups. I've had three since I got married, here is the latest she was a rescue dog from West Virginia. The most stubborn animal I have ever had the pleasure to love!
Attached Images

Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:44 AM   #13
froggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyG View Post
"Designer Show Houses" are organized that a different designer/decorator will "do" a different room or area of the house. Within guidelines, they will do everything, from top to bottom: furniture, flooring, window treatments, wallpaper/painting, the whole color scheme, literally everything in the room.

To view it will give one ideas for their own home. Many of the furnishings are for sale; your purchases and ticket sales will benefit the non-profit. We assume the designers do it all at their own expense. We understand that the house is for sale, but that is not the point of the show house. It should not be a real estate broker open house. Do not be mislead. It showcases the designers' work.

In past years, home owners have loaned the use of their house for this kind of purpose; there were events to benefit N. H. Music Festival and other non-profits. We remember once, the Pike/Pitou house on the hill top in Gilford. As one wrote, this is the first as a fund raiser to benefit NH Humane Society. As we understand, the volunteers are utilized as guides within the house, to manage the flow of viewers and to answer questions about the rooms/designers, and sort of "security", as if visiting a museum.

Maybe we can encourage uploading a more current panorama photograph of the view, when trees and foliage are more green.
If we are off base, we are not offended if committee ads comments.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #14
Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
I only wish I could go or help, but for what it's worth I only adopt dogs from shelters or rescue groups. I've had three since I got married, here is the latest she was a rescue dog from West Virginia. The most stubborn animal I have ever had the pleasure to love!
She's Beautiful! Thank you for your wish to help, and we realize not everyone can help with this event, but as you said there are many ways to help the Shelter and adoption is certainly #1 on the list.

By the way, your Black Beauty, think she needs a companion.......I know a wonderful place you can go. (thought maybe the power of suggestion might work .)
Old 05-22-2008, 09:36 AM   #15
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default Poster

The Boss... AKA "she who must be obeyed" has been working as a volunteer on this project.

Attached is the official Poster. If you have a local business in the lakes region you can help this project in a big way by putting one of these up for display.
PM me if you'd like a poster for your business. You can also contact the Humane Society directly. 603-524-8236

Name:  lo res poster.jpg
Views: 2127
Size:  54.5 KB

PS.. She tells me the house is amazing !
Old 05-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #16
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking Looks Like Fun!

It's for a good cause too!
Thanks for the "official" poster SteveA. I dropped it into the event calendar.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #17
SteveA
Deceased Member

Default Thanks RG..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
It's for a good cause too!
Thanks for the "official" poster SteveA. I dropped it into the event calendar.
Tickets are on sale now! Great Cause!
Old 06-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #18
froggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
Tickets are on sale now! Great Cause!
For viewing pleasure, we were able to obtain this COPYRIGHTED proof. with permission to post here.
On the left is swimming pool construction work. In far distance is Belknap/Gunstock mountains.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2008, 07:05 AM   #19
SteveA
Deceased Member

Default Wow!

I was at the house yesterday, as noted earlier, the Boss (AKA "She who must be obeyed") is very involved in the preparation of this event. We had to bring a bunch of material to the house.

Run, don't walk.. to get your tickets to this event. The house blew me away, 5400 Square Feet, amazing 320 degree views, 12 different designers have created a must see house.

Tickets are available all around the Lakes Region and at NHhumane.org, the house opens 7/26. And, it's such a good cause.

PS You guys that read this, don't worry about it being a "girly" event. Wait until you see the Weather Station, Heating and A/C Systems. The builder is very "Green" and some of the stuff I saw at the house was amazing.

I think I'm going to buy an extra powerball ticket for tonights drawing. If I win I could afford the $1.8M they are asking for the house.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #20
no-engine

Default View

With copyright holder's permission - moon rise to sunset, 180 degree image. Moon is obstructed by the 8-. 30" framed version hangs on display.

The view with pool completed!
Attached Images

no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:23 AM   #21
KBoater

Default Review of Designer House

I visited the Designer House on Monday and IMO it is worth to take. Each room has an idea and the view is incredible.

Check the rest of this trend for info. It is open Until August 10???
Old 08-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #22
IslandSib

Default Designer House and Shelter

Got a chance to take in the house today ..great rainy day take in.
Each room is unique and the views are fantastic.
What a great fundraiser...
Also stopped at shelter another great place ..very bright and the help are so nice ...Lots of kitties looking for homes!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 05:36 PM   #23
SteveA
Deceased Member

Default Hurry !

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandSib View Post
Got a chance to take in the house today ..great rainy day take in.
Each room is unique and the views are fantastic.
What a great fundraiser...
Also stopped at shelter another great place ..very bright and the help are so nice ...Lots of kitties looking for homes!!!
The Designer Show House closes at the end of the show hours on Sunday 8/10. Tickets are still on sale all around the Lakes Region. (Beans and Greens, Lake Shore Park Office, Innisfree Book Store, Meredith Center Store, any Common Man locations, Sundial in Gilford and Laconia or at the Humane Society)

You really don't want to miss it.