Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2006, 01:15 PM   #1
winniplayhouse

Default Do you own a Labradoodle?

The Winnipesaukee Playhouse is looking for a Labradoodle (half Lab/half Poodle) to have a featured role in a production this summer! Well, they won't actually have to appear onstage live, but we would like to take a photo of your Labradoodle to use in our production of Sylvia. Preferably looking for a brown or tan colored dog.
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:14 PM   #2
Hermit Cover

Default Labradoodle Photo

Can you use a photo from one of the many Labradoodle websites on the net...."breeders" of these wonder dogs are everywhere. You might want to get permission to use these candid shots for your production from the "breeder" . I'm sure you could accomplish your goal if all you need is a photograph. Good luck!
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:49 AM   #3
dpg

Gee, I was oh so close to getting one a couple years back. Just had a lot of trouble separating myself from $1,300 for a pup! Ended up getting a Weimeraner instead and Hunter's sure glad we did!!!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:52 AM   #4
winniplayhouse

Default Using image from web

Thanks for the suggestion. We have seen lots of pictures on the internet but we need to blow this up quite large and the resolution won't be good enough. Still searching... if anyone does have a labradoodle out there!
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:00 PM   #5
salukigirl

I know this is a little off topic and I am not trying to flame or anything. I just wanted to encourage anyone who is thinkging of purchasing a labordoodle to throughly research this cross. A common misperception is that these dogs do not shed and that is not always the case.

http://thelabradorclub.com/library/labradoodle.html
salukigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2006, 05:46 AM   #6
dpg

Not sure about the shedding but they are "hypo-allergetic" (ya, I know spelling) That's why we were looking for one. It ends up my Weimeraner doesn't bother my daughter one bit.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:19 AM   #7
suzytrufls

Default my friend has one

A friend of mine has one. If you send me your email addy I will send it to her and let her correspond with you if she is interested. We have 2 labradors but not the combo but they are sure cute!
suzytrufls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #8
salukigirl

I agree they are cute dogs and I believe that it is up to each person to chose the type of dog they want. But breeders are of labordoddles often misleed customers. These are often F1 crosses are there is NO guarntee that a specific puppy will turn out to be hypo-allergenic or not shed. Also, these dogs cannot be AKC registered (which I know isnt a neccisaty for most family pets). Some do, some dont. I just wanted to let anyone intrested in labordoodles to realize that. Again, I know this was not the orginal topic and I dont want to upset anyone because that was not my intention. I love all dogs!
salukigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:17 PM   #9
rander7823

Default These used to be called mutts

It wasn't long ago when two differnt breeds of dogs mixed they were called mutts and they were free..now they are labradoodles and cost $800 bucks...ahhh profit oops....I mean progress.
rander7823 is offline   Reply With Quote