Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
Les

Default Beautiful cat needs a good home

Attached is a photo of our new stray friend who won’t leave. After a week of calling, e-mailing, etc., no one has come for him. Given our current situation and the understandable jealousy with our present cat, it is too much for us. Please let me know if you know of anyone who may want him & can give him a good home. Thanks, Les
Attached Images

Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
SIKSUKR

Wow,that stray cat must have a lot of nice people he visits.He looks very well fed.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:58 AM   #3
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Stray Cat Is Heading To The Humane Society In Meredith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Wow,that stray cat must have a lot of nice people he visits.He looks very well fed.
Les couldn't find a home for the beautiful stray so he is bringing him to the shelter on Thursday. I sure wish I could take him, but I have one cat and another one that will be living with me soon. My heart is breaking for this cat!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Red face Third cat is the charm!

You currently have one cat, and will likely inherit another cat in May. Will one more cat really be that much more of a responsibility for you, GBG? Would All-Spice want a brother? Your stray is very handsome, and does look well fed. Good luck!
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #5
eillac@dow

Default Oh so pretty

She is a beautiful baby. Would love to take her, but currently have a 17 month old PUPPY and a 10+ yr old cat...that are not the best of friends! I sure hope someone takes her (?)
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #6
Chickie

Default Stray Felines

When is a stray not a stray, but just a visitor? My mother lived on a farm in Gilford as a child and the family had a wily old tomcat. He turned up missing one day in mid winter, and after several weeks of searching they had given up hope of ever seeing him again. With the advent of spring, he suddenly appeared and was welcomed home with open arms. They eventually learned that he had been hanging out all winter in the barn of a neighboring farm quite a distance away. It seems the "girls" were more alluring there than in his own territory. He returned home fat and happy, with no regrets. Tomcats are funny that way.
Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
ApS

Question I dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
"...Third Cat is the charm...!"
Sometimes, one cat is enough!

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:01 AM   #8
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickie View Post
When is a stray not a stray, but just a visitor? My mother lived on a farm in Gilford as a child and the family had a wily old tomcat. He turned up missing one day in mid winter, and after several weeks of searching they had given up hope of ever seeing him again. With the advent of spring, he suddenly appeared and was welcomed home with open arms. They eventually learned that he had been hanging out all winter in the barn of a neighboring farm quite a distance away. It seems the "girls" were more alluring there than in his own territory. He returned home fat and happy, with no regrets. Tomcats are funny that way.
I agree with you. The cat should have been ignored and then it might have gone home. It's too late now- it's at the shelter
Old 11-25-2009, 12:20 AM   #9
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Stry Cat Found A home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
I agree with you. The cat should have been ignored and then it might have gone home. It's too late now- it's at the shelter
My friend Les brought the stray cat to the shelter with the hopes of adoption. No surprise to me nothing happened. Les's sister from Chicago decided to take the cat so Les put the cat on a flight from Logan. His sister is now the proud owner of the cat. She couldn't be happier!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
eillac@dow (11-26-2009), Tallyho (11-28-2009)
Old 11-26-2009, 12:13 AM   #10
eillac@dow

Green Basin Girl.....thank you for the update.

Kudos to Les and his sister. My bet is that there is one happy kitty out there......in Chicago!

eillac@dow
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote