Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-12-2015, 07:51 PM   #1
chasedawg

Default NH Fish and Game Donzi

The NH Fish and Game have a beautiful 23' Center Console with 250 Mercury Verado that they put in at 19 Mile Bay town docks. It has been docked there for about I'm guessing 10 years. Each summer someone from NHF&G would come down to the dock with their great wonderful black Labrador retriever at least a couple times a summer. Most often during the fishing derby. The dog would jump in the channel at 19 mile bay and would love to swim. I loved seeing the dog and it's NHF&G master. I miss seeing them

This summer and some of last summer the boat that must have cost the NHF&G new well over $150K has sat idle. I saw it out once maybe twice this year. Weeds have grown up all around the boat. There is moss growing from the bottom of the hull. The boat just sits there. It may have 40 hours on the engine over the 10 plus years it has been moored there since new.

Maybe they should take it to an auction and try to sell it to get some good money for the State if they can't afford to take it out. And oh by the way. it is taking up prime dock space at the town 19 mile bay docks.

What would you recommend the State F&G do if they are not going to use this great boat that was once new?
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
Redwing (09-13-2015)
Old 09-13-2015, 08:46 AM   #2
chaseisland

Default Donzi

Several weeks ago F&G made a stop to check my fishing license during a calm Monday morning. Interestingly there was a dog onboard and a young out of uniform female. Was this stop made to impress? Of course I had my two fishing dogs on board, and they made their annoyance barkingly obvious. Guess my over 68 permanent license needed checking.
chaseisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:23 AM   #3
Scott's Yott

"What would you recommend the State F&G do if they are not going to use this great boat that was once new?"

They should give me a call and tell me to take it home
Scott's Yott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #4
Descant

Thanked 1,518 Times in 985 Posts
Default Relocate?

When the new MP HQ is completed, I would expect DES and F & G to relocate some boats there. We're all so focused on Winni, that we sometimes forget that all three departments have boats on trailers that go all over the state.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:31 PM   #5
radioman

Default Fish & Game Donzi

As a Lake Host for the past 5 years I believe I have seen this boat on a regular basis on weekends. I do not think it is a Donzi but then, i could be very wrong.

Fish and Game is currently having a serious problem with money. just take a moment to discus the subject with one of their people! In the 15 yrs that I have lived here, I never have had any reason to question a single one of them or their MOA. Perhaps to address your question, put the boat on a trailer and launch as needed.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2015, 05:49 PM   #6
SAB1

I saw the warden with a dog a couple weeks ago just pulling into the dock. I don't believe boat cost them much. If I recall it was confiscated boat that was involved in drug running and they got it cheap. At least that is what I was told.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:19 PM   #7
fatlazyless

Isn't the price of a fishing license going up from $35 to $45, starting in 2016, plus a similar ten dollar increase for a hunting license. New revenue needed to gas up the Donzi, and replace the worn-out docks and launch ramp at F&G-Downing's Landing down at the southern tip of Alton Bay, plus many other items, like gas for their green Chevy, F&G pickup trucks, and salary for the F&G officers.

http://www.unionleader.com/Fish-%26-...ust-broaden-it

Today's, Sept 13 Union Leader editorial says that raising the fishing/hunting license by ten dollars is the wrong way to go, and that a ten dollar canoe/kayak fee would be a better method, and I actually agree with that. Slapping a $10-sticker on my 15' aluminum rowing canoe would just hit the spot .... and help share the cost of the NH-F&G. Powered by my rowing arms, with no motor ..... like why do I get a freebie use of the lake.....$10/year is pretty danged low compared to what you pay for a good set of new Canadian 84" wood oars.....about 80-dollars.

You know, now that I think of it, maybe Fish & Game could screw some oarlocks onto their Donzi, and I have a pair of Paul Bunyon-esque size oars that I will be happy to donate if they promise to use them. Could well be the F&G is reluctant to be running the Donzi what with their money problem, so using oars could be the way to go? Probaby, considering the size of the Donzi, and the size of the oars, it will take two people to row the two oars, one person/oar, which is probably very doable with a 23' center console type of a boat. At 23', it is probably big enough for two sets of oarlocks, with four people rowing.......stroke.....feather.....stroke!

Rowing is excellent exercise and it can change a gas guzzling motorboat into an a-ROW-bic exercise machine ..... with a nice watery view!

So, will the NH legislature be passing a canoe/kayak $10-annual sticker or raising the fishing/hunting fee by ten dollars to pay for the NH-F&G ....... what's the best way to go here?

And, just out of curiosity, how much does it cost to register a 23' center console powered by a 250-hp outboard .... not that the F&G actually has to pay to register their Donzi?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 09-15-2015 at 07:16 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote