Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2021, 08:56 AM   #1
Woodsy

Default We have to get comfortable with fully vaccinated folks testing positive,' doctor says

Welcome to the "new" normal!

As I have been saying all along... the vax does very little to prevent the spread and transmission of Covid! It just keeps you out of the hospital!

https://www.today.com/video/-we-have...s-128874053827

Woodsy
DEJ (12-17-2021), pondguy (12-17-2021)
Old 12-17-2021, 10:02 AM   #2
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Welcome to the "new" normal!

As I have been saying all along... the vax does very little to prevent the spread and transmission of Covid! It just keeps you out of the hospital!

https://www.today.com/video/-we-have...s-128874053827

Woodsy
The CDC believes vaccines do reduce transmission. But more importantly, from the clip you sent, did you hear him say "among the unvaccinated, we are expecting 10,000 weekly deaths from now until March"? As I think you'd agree from your post--that's another 100,000 completely preventable deaths.
Old 12-17-2021, 11:02 AM   #3
Nagigator

It JUST keeps you out of the hospital? At this point, that's good enough for me.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nagigator For This Useful Post:
Biggd (12-17-2021), BroadHopper (12-19-2021), DEJ (12-17-2021), Janet (12-20-2021), Newbiesaukee (12-17-2021), pondguy (12-17-2021), trfour (12-17-2021), Woodsy (12-17-2021)
Old 12-17-2021, 11:50 AM   #4
WinnisquamZ

Must add today’s numbers out of MA. 1473 in ICU. 425 fully vaccinated. That is 29%. Positive cases around 6% of those tested.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post:
DotRat (12-17-2021)
Old 12-17-2021, 12:31 PM   #5
Woodsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
The CDC believes vaccines do reduce transmission. But more importantly, from the clip you sent, did you hear him say "among the unvaccinated, we are expecting 10,000 weekly deaths from now until March"? As I think you'd agree from your post--that's another 100,000 completely preventable deaths.
Clearly the vax does not reduce transmission if despite being fully vaxxed still catching Covid is to be the "new" norm! The CDC study has found similar viral loads in vaxxed vs. unvaxxed. Per the CDC study, the vaxxed can spread Covid. If fully vaxxed & boosted you can still catch it then you can still spread it! (Most likely before you even know that you might be sick, if you have any symptoms at all) Another tragic note to this... despite a 59% (and increasing) vaccination rate... we are seeing the same amount of deaths and hospitalizations as we did prior to the vaccines.

My point is pretty simple... I am happy that they are FINALLY admitting that the vax does not prevent a Covid infection/re-infection! (as I have been saying for months)

They are finally starting to push the vaccine for what it does do... The vax does a great job of keeping you out of the hospital. That alone is good enough for most people.

If catching Covid is to be the new normal, they just have to stop using the term "breakthrough infection". Its not a breakthrough when 30%+ of fully vaccinated/boosted people still get infected/re-infected with Covid!

As to the 10K per week dead... I will believe when it happens! I suspect the death toll will be far fewer as Delta fades and Omicron (predicted to be less lethal) surges. Of course after Omicron there will be other variants... hopefully even less lethal.

Woodsy
DEJ (12-17-2021), Flylady (12-22-2021), Seaplane Pilot (12-17-2021), subaruliving (12-19-2021), TiltonBB (12-17-2021)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2021, 01:29 PM   #6
Seaplane Pilot

Default Ask the Gov of California

“Overwhelming Majority are FULLY VAXXED”

https://nationalfile.com/california-...-fully-vaxxed/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
subaruliving (12-19-2021)
Old 12-17-2021, 01:34 PM   #7
Blue Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
Must add today’s numbers out of MA. 1473 in ICU. 425 fully vaccinated. That is 29%. Positive cases around 6% of those tested.

Clarification. The 1473 is the total number hospitalized. 319 are in ICU. Not sure where you are getting your numbers. The below screenshot is directly off the MA state website that tracks all things Covid. It shows the total number of breakthrough cases in fully vaxed individuals at 100K. That’s only 2% of all fully vaxed individuals in the state.
Attached Images

Last edited by Blue Thunder; 12-17-2021 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Add data
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Thunder For This Useful Post:
TCC (12-18-2021)
Old 12-17-2021, 01:48 PM   #8
WinnisquamZ

Correct. 1473 in hospitals. 425 are fully vaccinated. MA has done a good job publishing the numbers.

Old 12-17-2021, 02:01 PM   #9
Blue Thunder

Quote:
Correct. 1473 in hospitals. 425 are fully vaccinated. MA has done a good job publishing the numbers.

And I would expect that to continue. Fully vaxed doesn’t mean much for those more than six months out….IMHO you really need the booster to be considered fully vaxed now.
mswlogo (12-17-2021), trfour (12-17-2021)
Old 12-17-2021, 02:16 PM   #10
WinnisquamZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Clarification. The 1473 is the total number hospitalized. 319 are in ICU. Not sure where you are getting your numbers. The below screenshot is directly off the MA state website that tracks all things Covid. It shows the total number of breakthrough cases in fully vaxed individuals at 100K. That’s only 2% of all fully vaxed individuals in the state.
Todays globe and herald have the same numbers

Old 12-17-2021, 06:12 PM   #11
John Mercier

You do realize that hospital costs are collective costs?
Old 12-17-2021, 07:54 PM   #12
ITD

Ok, I haven't figured out how to get this out of my search cue, but anyway. Gov. Sununu was on AM 610 this morning, he was asked about the Covid issues in NH. A few things he said that I thought were striking. He said the ICUs in NH are being overwhelmed with covid patients. He said that a typical ICU patient, like the TYPICAL heart attack or stroke victim, spends 5 to 6 days in the ICU. He said the typical covid patient who is sick enough to require the ICU, is in a bed for 5 to 6 weeks, hence the issues with beds. He also said, and I thought this was most striking, that depending on the hospital, between 80 and 95 percent of the covid patients requiring the ICU are not vaccinated. Anecdotal for sure, but pretty striking. He said that he did not believe it was his place to mandate masks statewide, he had a few good reasons.

I tried to see if there was a link to the interview, but apparently his car was involved in a minor car accident and that is much more important news.
Old 12-17-2021, 08:30 PM   #13
John Mercier

He does press conferences that live stream on WMUR.
He is just seeing what everyone else is seeing, except he knows the $$$.
Old 12-17-2021, 11:13 PM   #14
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
Ok, I haven't figured out how to get this out of my search cue, but anyway. Gov. Sununu was on AM 610 this morning, he was asked about the Covid issues in NH. A few things he said that I thought were striking. He said the ICUs in NH are being overwhelmed with covid patients. He said that a typical ICU patient, like the TYPICAL heart attack or stroke victim, spends 5 to 6 days in the ICU. He said the typical covid patient who is sick enough to require the ICU, is in a bed for 5 to 6 weeks, hence the issues with beds. He also said, and I thought this was most striking, that depending on the hospital, between 80 and 95 percent of the covid patients requiring the ICU are not vaccinated. Anecdotal for sure, but pretty striking. He said that he did not believe it was his place to mandate masks statewide, he had a few good reasons.

I tried to see if there was a link to the interview, but apparently his car was involved in a minor car accident and that is much more important news.
Same as what my wife heard from her Dr. that works in ICU. Almost all were unvaccinated.
Old 12-17-2021, 11:31 PM   #15
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
You do realize 2% is a pretty high number.

That’s 1 in 50 got COVID (bad enough to be in the ICU)

Approx 1 in 329 died from COVID in the USA and that’s a large number.

Hold on to your masks folks it’s gonna be a bumpy ride. And unfortunately NH is leading the way for the whole country. Not something to be proud of.
Old 12-17-2021, 11:58 PM   #16
mswlogo

Quote:
Clearly the vax does not reduce transmission if despite being fully vaxxed still catching Covid is to be the "new" norm! The CDC study has found similar viral loads in vaxxed vs. unvaxxed. Per the CDC study, the vaxxed can spread Covid. If fully vaxxed & boosted you can still catch it then you can still spread it! (Most likely before you even know that you might be sick, if you have any symptoms at all) Another tragic note to this... despite a 59% (and increasing) vaccination rate... we are seeing the same amount of deaths and hospitalizations as we did prior to the vaccines.

My point is pretty simple... I am happy that they are FINALLY admitting that the vax does not prevent a Covid infection/re-infection! (as I have been saying for months)

They are finally starting to push the vaccine for what it does do... The vax does a great job of keeping you out of the hospital. That alone is good enough for most people.

If catching Covid is to be the new normal, they just have to stop using the term "breakthrough infection". Its not a breakthrough when 30%+ of fully vaccinated/boosted people still get infected/re-infected with Covid!

As to the 10K per week dead... I will believe when it happens! I suspect the death toll will be far fewer as Delta fades and Omicron (predicted to be less lethal) surges. Of course after Omicron there will be other variants... hopefully even less lethal.

Woodsy
It’s averaging 8400 a week now and we have not really seen Omicron really get started yet and that won’t immediately mean Delta suddenly disappears either.

There is very little evidence Omicron is less lethal. Way to early. It is clear that it spreads much faster though. COVID variants hit different populations very differently too. Probably won’t know how lethal in USA for 6-8 weeks.
Old 12-18-2021, 05:11 AM   #17
panjumbie

Default Breakthrough data from New York

The link below is New York data but I'd suspect it isn't that different in New Hampshire.

As of the most recent week's data you were about 80 percent less likely to catch COVID if vaccinated, and better than 90 percent less likely to be hospitalized.

This data lags by several weeks, so it remains to be seen what effect Omicron will have on breakthrough cases, but as of now, to say that being vaccinated does not protect you from catching COVID is incorrect. Does it completely protect you, no. No vaccine provides perfect protection. But if everyone were vaccinated and everyone wore masks, we'd be much better off

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/co...akthrough-data
Old 12-18-2021, 05:50 AM   #18
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by panjumbie View Post
But if everyone were vaccinated and everyone wore masks, we'd be much better off

Done. End of story. The only thing I'd add is "and take other reasonable actions," which would simply include making good decisions about distance, where/when shopping, dining, etc. to the best of one's ability.

One more thing: an interviewee on NPR today shared the following (paraphrased): "1 in 100 older Americans have died from Covid. Would our approach to the virus have been different if those were children?"

She went on to discuss how cavalier many people are because it's "just" old people and that it's a sign of how Americans treat/value their elders.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2021, 02:01 PM   #19
John Mercier

Is there something that stops ''old'' people from getting their vaccination and booster shots? Wearing a mask when in a public place? Not going to a public place unless necessary? Not spending time in large crowds?
Old 12-18-2021, 02:42 PM   #20
WinnisquamZ

Default We have to get comfortable with fully vaccinated folks testing positive,' doctor says

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
Is there something that stops ''old'' people from getting their vaccination and booster shots? Wearing a mask when in a public place? Not going to a public place unless necessary? Not spending time in large crowds?
Define old?

Old 12-18-2021, 04:20 PM   #21
John Mercier

I didn't try to define it. The question posed was what if children were suffering and dying instead of ''old'' people would we consider/behave differently to the covid situation?
Old 12-18-2021, 05:30 PM   #22
DickR

Quote:
Define old?...
From one site showing age distribution of the deaths in the US (as of when the total was 797,000+), and another site showing distribution of ages in the US population, it appears that the 1 in 100 works for about ages 65 and older.
Old 12-18-2021, 05:37 PM   #23
ITD

Quote:
I didn't try to define it. The question posed was what if children were suffering and dying instead of ''old'' people would we consider/behave differently to the covid situation?
According to Sununu there are all age ranges represented except maybe the very youngest. He said this is no longer just an "old" people problem, at least considering the worst of the worst cases. The delta variant is much less discriminating.
Old 12-18-2021, 09:36 PM   #24
John Mercier

The question came from NPR.
I believe their question was more focused on the perception of the virus being something that hospitalized and killed old people.

They wondered if it had hospitalized and killed children would we react differently under that perception... I believe the answer to be yes. But I believe that our different reaction as a society is the factor that children seldom make choices for themselves.
Old 12-19-2021, 11:59 AM   #25
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
According to Sununu there are all age ranges represented except maybe the very youngest. He said this is no longer just an "old" people problem, at least considering the worst of the worst cases. The delta variant is much less discriminating.
Although the risk now applies to all ages it is still predominantly older people that die. If you are old and unvaccinated your odds are very bad.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:24 AM   #26
Woodsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by panjumbie View Post
The link below is New York data but I'd suspect it isn't that different in New Hampshire.

As of the most recent week's data you were about 80 percent less likely to catch COVID if vaccinated, and better than 90 percent less likely to be hospitalized.

This data lags by several weeks, so it remains to be seen what effect Omicron will have on breakthrough cases, but as of now, to say that being vaccinated does not protect you from catching COVID is incorrect. Does it completely protect you, no. No vaccine provides perfect protection. But if everyone were vaccinated and everyone wore masks, we'd be much better off

The CDC study found the same viral loads in vaccinated vs. unvaccinated people... So if you can still catch it, you can still spread it! Time to accept this new reality and move on! I think our $$$ would be better spent developing medicines to treat the effects of Covid.

The issue nobody wants to talk about is how many vaccinated people have/had Covid but were asymptomatic or had such mild symptoms that they thought nothing of it? Expecting people to test & quarantine for 2 weeks every time they have a slight cough or a low fever is a bit much. People just aren't going to do that, especially the low income folks who are barely scraping by as it is. Despite a 55%+ vaccination rate we are seeing the same kind of numbers as we saw with a 0% vaccination rate. It cannot just be the unvaxxed spreading Covid.

When 30%+ of vaccinated people still catch Covid to the point of requiring testing & a medical diagnosis, then its time to stop calling them breakthrough cases.

Covid is NEVER going away and this is our new reality... No amount of masking/vaxxing/mandating is going to change this.

Woodsy
DEJ (12-20-2021), DotRat (12-20-2021), LoveLakeLife (12-20-2021), Seaplane Pilot (12-20-2021), TwoPutt (12-21-2021)
Old 12-20-2021, 12:23 PM   #27
FlyingScot

Quote:

Covid is NEVER going away and this is our new reality... No amount of masking/vaxxing/mandating is going to change this.

Woodsy
It is amazing how much time you spend posting misleading half truths, while being wrong on the most important points. Reminds me of a struggling baseball manager who wants to focus on the 8th batter in the lineup having a blister on his thumb.

Whether or not COVID is with us for a long time, we know that vaccines are extremely effective, have saved millions of lives, and that virtually everyone should get them.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
JanN (12-21-2021)
Old 12-20-2021, 12:34 PM   #28
Seaplane Pilot

Sure....these vaccines are the cat's meow....

As I've said before, any opposing view is always "misleading, half truths", bla, bla, bla. People are starting to wake up and realize that they were sold a pig in a poke.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
DEJ (12-20-2021)
Old 12-20-2021, 04:19 PM   #29
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
People are starting to wake up and realize that they were sold a pig in a poke.
This is an interesting notion, separate from the debate itself.

In 2019, some of us were certain that covid was no worse than the seasonal flu, and some of us thought it was a huge threat.

Today, pretty much the same group that thought covid was no big deal cast doubt on vaccines. Those who warned in 2019 that covid was a big deal promote vaccines today.

The data are in on both sides' 2019 predictions. I hope that encourages folks to get vaxxed (and boosted!)
Old 12-20-2021, 07:38 PM   #30
John Mercier

Quote:
The CDC study found the same viral loads in vaccinated vs. unvaccinated people... So if you can still catch it, you can still spread it! Time to accept this new reality and move on! I think our $$$ would be better spent developing medicines to treat the effects of Covid.

The issue nobody wants to talk about is how many vaccinated people have/had Covid but were asymptomatic or had such mild symptoms that they thought nothing of it? Expecting people to test & quarantine for 2 weeks every time they have a slight cough or a low fever is a bit much. People just aren't going to do that, especially the low income folks who are barely scraping by as it is. Despite a 55%+ vaccination rate we are seeing the same kind of numbers as we saw with a 0% vaccination rate. It cannot just be the unvaxxed spreading Covid.

When 30%+ of vaccinated people still catch Covid to the point of requiring testing & a medical diagnosis, then its time to stop calling them breakthrough cases.

Woodsy
Therapeutics are more expensive than vaccinations. Because the person choosing to go the route of therapeutics seldom covers the costs... it becomes socialism at its finest.

That is why insurance companies have been promoting the flu vaccine for decades... it cost less than other options.

Collectively, we will feel this in our medical insurance premiums (mine went up 25%), our property taxes - as we have to cover all those county and municipal employees medical premiums, and less directly in business taxes as the State must cover their employees medical premiums, Medicaid, and aid to hospitals for those that cannot afford - and I use that term very loosely - to pay.
Old 12-21-2021, 06:33 AM   #31
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts
Default From the Wall Street Journal

Follow the science” has been the battle cry of lockdown supporters
since the Covid-19 pandemic began. Yet before March 2020, the
mainstream scientific community, including the World Health
Organization, strongly opposed lockdowns and similar measures
against infectious disease.

When the Wuhan region of China imposed harsh restrictions on Jan. 23, 2020,
Anthony Fauci questioned the move.
“That’s something that I don’t think we could possibly do in the United States,
I can’t imagine shutting down New York or Los Angeles, ” Dr. Fauci told CNN.
He likely had the scientific literature in mind when he advised that “historically, when you
shut things down, it doesn’t have a major effect.”

What caused the scientific community to abandon its aversion to
lockdowns? The empirical evidence didn’t change. Rather, the
lockdown strategy originated from the same sources the WHO had
heavily deprecated in its 2019 report: speculative and untested
epidemiological models.

In reality, lockdown stringency is a poor predictor of Covid-related
mortality. Our examination of the 50 U.S. states and 26 countries
found no discernible pattern connecting the two—a basic
expectation if lockdowns performed as “the science” often insists.
So why did public-health authorities abandon their opposition to
lockdowns? Why did they rush to embrace the untested claims of
flawed epidemiological modeling? One answer appears in the Johns
Hopkins study from 2019: “Some NPIs, such as travel restrictions
and quarantine, might be pursued for social or political purposes
by political leaders, rather than pursued because of public health
evidence.”

Last edited by TiltonBB; 12-21-2021 at 07:41 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
DEJ (12-21-2021), Seaplane Pilot (12-21-2021), Woodsy (12-21-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 08:40 AM   #32
Woodsy

Quote:
Therapeutics are more expensive than vaccinations. Because the person choosing to go the route of therapeutics seldom covers the costs... it becomes socialism at its finest.

That is why insurance companies have been promoting the flu vaccine for decades... it cost less than other options.

Collectively, we will feel this in our medical insurance premiums (mine went up 25%), our property taxes - as we have to cover all those county and municipal employees medical premiums, and less directly in business taxes as the State must cover their employees medical premiums, Medicaid, and aid to hospitals for those that cannot afford - and I use that term very loosely - to pay.
If you want to discuss the money angle.... we are in agreement! Vaccines are cheaper than any other treatment available today. This is absolutely the primary reason they are being pushed! Nobody wants to pay for a hospital visit! They are very effective at keeping you out of the hospital! Unfortunately, that is where their effectiveness ends.

Woodsy
Old 12-21-2021, 09:33 AM   #33
fatlazyless

http://www.twitter.com/NoSpinNews/st...83120601403400 ..... is definitely expected that both Trump and O'Reilly have received a covid booster vaccination.

.... .... does not say if it is a second or third shot but my guess is its a third and maybe even a fourth shot ..... only their hairdresser knows for sure? ....
Old 12-21-2021, 11:20 AM   #34
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Follow the science” has been the battle cry of lockdown supporters
since the Covid-19 pandemic began. Yet before March 2020, the
mainstream scientific community, including the World Health
Organization, strongly opposed lockdowns and similar measures
against infectious disease.

When the Wuhan region of China imposed harsh restrictions on Jan. 23, 2020,
Anthony Fauci questioned the move.
“That’s something that I don’t think we could possibly do in the United States,
I can’t imagine shutting down New York or Los Angeles, ” Dr. Fauci told CNN.
He likely had the scientific literature in mind when he advised that “historically, when you
shut things down, it doesn’t have a major effect.”

What caused the scientific community to abandon its aversion to
lockdowns? The empirical evidence didn’t change. Rather, the
lockdown strategy originated from the same sources the WHO had
heavily deprecated in its 2019 report: speculative and untested
epidemiological models.

In reality, lockdown stringency is a poor predictor of Covid-related
mortality. Our examination of the 50 U.S. states and 26 countries
found no discernible pattern connecting the two—a basic
expectation if lockdowns performed as “the science” often insists.
So why did public-health authorities abandon their opposition to
lockdowns? Why did they rush to embrace the untested claims of
flawed epidemiological modeling? One answer appears in the Johns
Hopkins study from 2019: “Some NPIs, such as travel restrictions
and quarantine, might be pursued for social or political purposes
by political leaders, rather than pursued because of public health
evidence.”
Even by your own high standards of smoke screens and distractions, you have outdone yourself here. No one has proposed a Wuhan-level lockdown here, or anyplace else other than China. They basically locked everyone in their apartments for months. Of course Dr Fauci said that he could not imagine that here. This is very different than some common sense location-specific measures
Old 12-21-2021, 12:14 PM   #35
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Even by your own high standards of smoke screens and distractions, you have outdone yourself here. No one has proposed a Wuhan-level lockdown here, or anyplace else other than China. They basically locked everyone in their apartments for months. Of course Dr Fauci said that he could not imagine that here. This is very different than some common sense location-specific measures
From what I can see, what TiltonBB posted was from an article published in the WSJ. How can you attack him personally for posting what was published in the public domain? Are you on Fauci's payroll or something??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
DEJ (12-21-2021), Woodsy (12-21-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 12:18 PM   #36
Woodsy

Quote:
Had China locked down Wuhan when they first had knowledge of Covid... we would not be in this mess!

Woodsy
DEJ (12-21-2021), Sue Doe-Nym (12-21-2021), TiltonBB (12-21-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 02:31 PM   #37
FlyingScot

Quote:
From what I can see, what TiltonBB posted was from an article published in the WSJ. How can you attack him personally for posting what was published in the public domain? Are you on Fauci's payroll or something??
That was not a personal attack. That was criticizing the piece he linked to. The WSJ opinion piece is grossly misleading. You might Google Wuhan lockdown. I think you would agree with Fauci that the approach they took in China would not work in the US.

OTOH--when you write "are you on Fauci's payroll", that would be a personal attack
DotRat (12-21-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 02:59 PM   #38
Woodsy

Quote:
That was not a personal attack. That was criticizing the piece he linked to. The WSJ opinion piece is grossly misleading. You might Google Wuhan lockdown. I think you would agree with Fauci that the approach they took in China would not work in the US.

OTOH--when you write "are you on Fauci's payroll", that would be a personal attack

You posted "Even by your own high standards of smoke screens and distractions, you have outdone yourself here" how is that not a personal attack?

Woodsy
DEJ (12-21-2021), Seaplane Pilot (12-21-2021), TiltonBB (12-21-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 03:08 PM   #39
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:

That was not a personal attack - it was a legitimate question.

Hey TiltonBB...I got the PM, but for some reason I can't access the PM function of the website / forum. Regardless, I concur! Merry Christmas to you and your family. SP
The Following User Says Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
TiltonBB (12-21-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 03:47 PM   #40
FlyingScot

Quote:
You posted "Even by your own high standards of smoke screens and distractions, you have outdone yourself here" how is that not a personal attack?

Woodsy
Eh, passing comment. Sort of like others' jibes like being sold a pig in a poke...or suggesting someone is living in fear...or any of the dozens of other small zingers that fly in both directions.

But I'm sorry to bother you with it. I hope you got a chance to check out the specifics on the Wuhan lockdown. It was horror show, and I really do think you'd agree with Fauci that we would not want that here.
DotRat (12-21-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 08:27 PM   #41
John Mercier

Quote:
If you want to discuss the money angle.... we are in agreement! Vaccines are cheaper than any other treatment available today. This is absolutely the primary reason they are being pushed! Nobody wants to pay for a hospital visit! They are very effective at keeping you out of the hospital! Unfortunately, that is where their effectiveness ends.

Woodsy
And that is all vaccines are supposed to do... lower the odds of you getting seriously sick by priming your natural immune system.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
Newbiesaukee (12-22-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 07:46 AM   #42
Winnisquamer

Quote:
I hope you got a chance to check out the specifics on the Wuhan lockdown. It was horror show, and I really do think you'd agree with Fauci that we would not want that here.

You mean we don’t want communism here? Oh we 100% agree, unfortunately though It’s coming….
The Following User Says Thank You to Winnisquamer For This Useful Post:
DEJ (12-22-2021)
Old 12-22-2021, 08:01 AM   #43
fatlazyless

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...hree-waves.htm says the third and final wave of the 1918 flu came in winter, 1918.

It makes me wonder if New Hampshire will ride it big, a contagious third wave, like a hot-shot snowboarder flying through the OMICRON air, or what? ... up - down - up - down - up .... .... is it coming baaack, or what??? ...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html ...... 'Tracking Coronavirus in New Hampshire: Latest Map and Case Count'

Dec 22, 2021: 4-pm; Gov Chris Sununu video on Covid ..... www.youtube.com/watch?v=X44BU22OGW8 ..... about 6-minute brief take from 55-minutes

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-23-2021 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-22-2021, 11:56 AM   #44
Flylady

Default Full disclosure

Quote:
“Overwhelming Majority are FULLY VAXXED”

https://nationalfile.com/california-...-fully-vaxxed/
Today, @GavinNewsom explained the recent mask mandate (that won't be enforced) is because, of the 48 Omicron cases identified in CA, "the overwhelming majority have been fully vaccinated. That's why masking becomes even more important in this environment." pic.twitter.com/UOZhcvlsZA

48 cases in the state does not represent the entire state.
So wearing a mask will help contain the spread of virus if you are infected and do not know it.......

Perhaps also prevent a person from getting it as well. Same reason hospital staff are wearing masks.
Old 12-22-2021, 06:02 PM   #45
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamer View Post
You mean we don’t want communism here? Oh we 100% agree, unfortunately though It’s coming….

It would need to go through the Reserve Army of Labor Theory.
That was the theory that Engel created that Marx (who was a sociologist) used to create socialistic economic theory (socialism) and then the two combined to work on communism. Communism requires socialism and a political class that is beyond the scope of the people led by a leader that does not answer to the people and largely cannot be removed.
Old 12-22-2021, 06:06 PM   #46
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flylady View Post
Today, @GavinNewsom explained the recent mask mandate (that won't be enforced) is because, of the 48 Omicron cases identified in CA, "the overwhelming majority have been fully vaccinated. That's why masking becomes even more important in this environment." pic.twitter.com/UOZhcvlsZA

48 cases in the state does not represent the entire state.
So wearing a mask will help contain the spread of virus if you are infected and do not know it.......

Perhaps also prevent a person from getting it as well. Same reason hospital staff are wearing masks.
Most don't realize that they normally quarantine the infected in isolation wards... a lock down isolates the entire population by limiting personal interaction, and is basically used because testing is ineffective or not readily available.

Everything being prescribed is what they learned during the 1918 Flu, except the vaccines. Flu vaccine was not developed to long after flu became endemic.
Old 12-23-2021, 09:22 AM   #47
Newbiesaukee

Name:  978723DD-533A-4F28-BA05-8C2B5737B979.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  56.2 KB

Says it all.

Quibble all you want about details. And there have been data errors by NH. But there are few reasons not to get vaccinated.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Old 12-24-2021, 05:47 AM   #48
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Trump clapped back at Candace Owens yesterday, a year later finally backing the vaccines HE "Warp Speeded."

Right-wing fringe groups are now up-in-arms.

Crazy town.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2021, 04:16 PM   #49
John Mercier

He got his shots the earliest that he could.
It was just news of his booster, so I think he is done with it.
Not worth going after voters that may not be around to vote.

After all, if he wins the Republican Primary... what are they going to do? Vote for Biden or Harris in protest?