Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Automotive
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2021, 06:50 PM   #1
fatlazyless

Default Subaru tire rotation

The tires that came on my used 2014 Subaru Crosstrek w/ 96k-miles in August, now 7500-miles later, 103,500-miles are WAY better than the Walmart Goodyear Viva-3 that I always bought for the Scion xB. The previous owner actually must have paid about $150-each, and when they finally need replacing, I will definitely be going with the Viva-3 again, at about $75-each, round and black.

Anyway, is time to rotate these expensive tires. Do I just move them, same side, front to back ........ or ........ the X pattern with front left to rear right, and front right to rear left.

Me-thinks the X pattern is the best way to do it for most EVEN tire wear.

I plan to do this with two small $29-floor jacks, and two wheel chocks and a 17mm Hyper Tough socket and ratchet, and a leave a small dab of Vaseline on each of the lug bolt threads .....

After this unbelievably huge accomplishment, I will tackle an oil and filter change, but probably not on the same day. Supposedly, this Crosstrek is high up off the ground, enough, so you can do an oil change by simply sliding under the car ...... it is that high up ..... to get to the oil drain plug .... without using the plastic drive-up ramps, like with the low-clearance Scion.

http://www.tiremeetsroad.com/2021/08...y-are-so-cheap ...... Goodyear Viva-3 (U.S.-made)meets Goodyear Reliant (Mexico-made)at Walmart? ..... both are round, black, and look like tires and are priced similar. Is best to stay the heck away from both the Viva-3 and the Reliant and go with the Goodyear Assurance, a higher priced, real Goodyear tire as opposed to a Walmart type of a customer, tire.

Is tire quality all about the price? Something about that name "Goodyear Assurance" sounds so very assuring? ......

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-23-2021 at 08:09 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote