Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-21-2022, 11:57 AM   #1
Loventhelake

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy View Post
The last time I was in the Village Kitchen I believe there was an ATM in the vestibule area, so cash isn't a problem if you have an ATM card. If you don't have an ATM card you can always go to the bank the morning of the day you want to visit VK and withdraw some cash. The fact that VK doesn't accept plastic is not a total barrier to being able to go there.
Of which a fee is charged…
Loventhelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 12:08 PM   #2
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loventhelake View Post
It is not necessary to continue beating a dead horse.
Nothing is going to change.SAMIAM has been running a very successful business for many years. His customers are happy and his waitstaff is happy. He has explained his philosophy multiple times.
And he has stated that he will also take a personal check. That’s too hard for you to do too?

Maybe you’ve lost your chance to try his delicious food, because I’ve heard that he may be selling the restaurant. Maybe the new owners will raise their prices and then accept credit cards and then you can go.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susie Cougar For This Useful Post:
farechofisherman (05-23-2022), joey2665 (05-21-2022), tis (05-21-2022)
Old 05-21-2022, 06:53 PM   #3
Billy Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Cougar View Post
It is not necessary to continue beating a dead horse.
Nothing is going to change.SAMIAM has been running a very successful business for many years. His customers are happy and his waitstaff is happy. He has explained his philosophy multiple times.
And he has stated that he will also take a personal check. That’s too hard for you to do too?

Maybe you’ve lost your chance to try his delicious food, because I’ve heard that he may be selling the restaurant. Maybe the new owners will raise their prices and then accept credit cards and then you can go.
Perhaps you missed something because everything is going to change.
In a previous message the owner announced the place is for sale.
He has also stated he is unable to find the help needed to continue the hours needed for dinner. What’s that do to the cash flow.
Also previously stated his past success was helped by his lack of debt. The new owner will have debt from the purchase . What’s that do to ROI
Also stated a potential inability to increase prices as that would have a negative impact on his gross. New owner see that comment and buys this ?
New issue , cost of food has in many cases doubled , can’t afford to hire and costs have doubled and can’t increase prices.
This might have been a VERY successful business in the past but it seems right now this is a business that needs a total overhaul and new business plan
Billy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Billy Bob For This Useful Post:
DotRat (05-21-2022)
Old 05-21-2022, 09:19 PM   #4
Descant

Thanked 1,530 Times in 989 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
Perhaps you missed something because everything is going to change.
In a previous message the owner announced the place is for sale.
He has also stated he is unable to find the help needed to continue the hours needed for dinner. What’s that do to the cash flow.
Also previously stated his past success was helped by his lack of debt. The new owner will have debt from the purchase . What’s that do to ROI
Also stated a potential inability to increase prices as that would have a negative impact on his gross. New owner see that comment and buys this ?
New issue , cost of food has in many cases doubled , can’t afford to hire and costs have doubled and can’t increase prices.
This might have been a VERY successful business in the past but it seems right now this is a business that needs a total overhaul and new business plan
In another thread, you'll learn that people trying to compete in the Lakes Region are competing with folks who paid cash for the business and run it as a hobby. You're not in the old times now.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 04:55 AM   #5
tis

Thanked 1,386 Times in 960 Posts

I truly fear small businesses will become a thing of the past. Maybe a one or two man trade business will continue but businesses with say 5-30 employees just won't be able to sustain.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2022, 01:03 PM   #6
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I truly fear small businesses will become a thing of the past. Maybe a one or two man trade business will continue but businesses with say 5-30 employees just won't be able to sustain.
Then again, I understand that a new tavern / eating establishment is about to open in Alton Bay.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:39 PM   #7
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,163 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Maybe you use the wrong bank.

My bank refunds all the ATM fees wherever I use my ATM card. 100%, refunded to my checking account no matter how much the fee is or how many times each month I use the card.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
The Real BigGuy (05-22-2022)
Old 05-21-2022, 08:54 PM   #8
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Way! I can’t use my credit card!

With everything we all have to fret about these days, having a hissy fit over not being able to use a credit card takes the cake! You clearly have too much free time. Get a hobby…..or better still, buy the V.K. and run it the way YOU want.
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post:
JanN (05-24-2022), TCC (05-22-2022), TiltonBB (05-22-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 08:14 PM   #9
Loventhelake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
With everything we all have to fret about these days, having a hissy fit over not being able to use a credit card takes the cake! You clearly have too much free time. Get a hobby…..or better still, buy the V.K. and run it the way YOU want.
The only restaurant around the lake worth going out of my way to get cash for is Pop’s Clam shell!
Loventhelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 08:36 PM   #10
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
The only restaurant around the lake worth going out of my way to get cash for is Pop’s Clam shell!
Loves Pops went there yesterday. I do have say the portion were definitely smaller this season 65.00 for 2 large strips medium shrimp and fried.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 06:33 AM   #11
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,163 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
You don't have to go out of your way, there is an ATM in their dining room beside the restaurant.

You don't tip in cash? Waitstaff? Marina gas attendants? People who go above and beyond making deliveries to your home?

Maybe it is just me, but if I don't have cash in my pocket it feels like something is wrong.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
farechofisherman (06-03-2022)
Old 07-24-2022, 10:47 AM   #12
TheTimeTraveler

I went to the Village Kitchen for breakfast a few days ago and heard that they are now officially under new ownership.

I knew it was for sale, but found it surprising that it had actually transferred as the meal I had was as good as I've always had there. Hats off to the new owner(s) for keeping up with the quality, staying with the great prices, and providing the good service! The hours until 2 pm remain unchanged.

I did notice that each table prominently displayed a new sign (in a clear plastic stand) that credit cards are not accepted for purchases.

I have no idea if the new owner has also purchased the building or not. One of the issues of that particular building is the current shifting (or sinking) of the floor in the middle of the dining area (don't place marbles on the tables). You can bet that solving that building issue will be time consuming and expensive.

Owning a Restaurant in todays environment is difficult and I want to wish the new owner much success!
TheTimeTraveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 10:59 AM   #13
FlyingScot

Sam--

Congratulations on a great run! Our family can only hope the new guys will do as well. Thanks for many a terrific meal
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote