Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
Tackleman

Default Sonos

Right now I have four rooms wired for sound with a amp. Everyone tells me I need sonos. Your thoughts and what are you using?
Tackleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
Merrymeeting

I was setting up a new home and didn't have an existing receiver so I have a complete Sonos system.

But my first question(s) would be to ask why you feel the need to change. If you have an existing system that works, what do you feel is missing that would require an upgrade?

Simply stated, what Sonos would give you over what you now have is,

a) an internet connected, enabled system. This assumes that the receiver you already use is not capable of being attached to the internet for internet radio, services (Pandora, Sonify, etc)

b) the ability to control all of this from a smartphone, tablet, or laptop.

c) the ability to have different "zones" (i.e., different music playing on different speakers/rooms in the house...again, assuming your current receiver doesn't do this)

I've simplified greatly here. But the first issue is to determine whether a change will get you what you want. It would not be an inexpensive change.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #3
Red apple

You could add one Sonos connect as a input into your amplifier and will give you all the options for Internet music. The way Merrymeeting said above it the best way for all the reasons he listed but one connect will get you started for short money.
Red apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #4
Tackleman

Default Sonos

My current system is not internet ready and the right channel is no longer working. I was thinking since I have to upgrade is sonos the right choice. Do the current user like it
Old 08-15-2014, 09:53 PM   #5
RLW

Smile

You would never regret it if you should decide to make the move. I have it and love and my system operates up to 32 sets of speakers all on different music station at one time and can be controlled from one or more devices. That is you can control volume and stations to all 32 from your comfy seat. The wireless part is great, but speakers are a bit pricey.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:30 AM   #6
pjard

I have a Play 5, two Play 1's, Sound Bar and Sub Woofer. I love the TV component. Expensive but good!
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:57 AM   #7
Merrymeeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleman View Post
My current system is not internet ready and the right channel is no longer working. I was thinking since I have to upgrade is sonos the right choice. Do the current user like it
Yes, my family is very happy with ours. If you need to replace your receiver/amp, I'd highly recommend it.

Think of a Connect:Amp as a new receiver. It can access and play music (or radio) from many sources/services, and also includes a 110w amp to drive your speakers. Each amp can drive up to 4, 8-ohm speakers. So to drive your 4 rooms (assuming 8-ohm speakers), you would need 2 amps.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:52 AM   #8
Tackleman

Default Sonos

I had the Sonos system installed at my home and love it but how can I get all my Spotify playlists on the Sonos system? I added the app to sonos, had to upgrade to the premium on Spotify and can't get my playlist on Sonos to show up. Help!
Old 09-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #9
Merrymeeting

I haven't used Spotify playlists, so can't help you. But you might get better results to your question here. http://forums.sonos.com/index.php