Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
mcasieri

Default New to Winnie

Hello fellow wranglers-- I am heading up to Winnie for the first time this weekend and would greatly appreciate any advice for your casual bass fisherman. Not asking for any "secret" spots or anything of that nature, but just some general bass tips for this time of year.

My initial plan was to work the shallows with plastics in the morning and throw a worm weight on and move deeper as the sun comes out (I'm aware this is about as basic as it gets lol). Past this simple approach, I would greatly appreciate any further advice from the locals! And if I am going about it all wrong, please don't hold back! I'm looking for any advice you are willing to share.

I will be in the Wolfeboro are for reference. Renting a pontoon and trying to enjoy the long weekend and hook up with some bass!

Feel free to DM with more specific info
mcasieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #2
Hillcountry

There’s a forum member here called “kashawiwi”
He is the resident bass expert. Good luck!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:04 PM   #3
kawishiwi

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
There’s a forum member here called “kashawiwi”
He is the resident bass expert. Good luck!
FAKE NEWS!
I am a loooong way from being an expert.

I have not fished Wolfboro area at all. Much of my fishing requires trolling motor & sonar to do well.
But you are not far off for a couple days casual fishing. Boat control & positioning are going to be a challenge.
I suggest you tour the area before tossing a lure & note areas with a larger amount of weeds, boulders that can cast a shadow, & boat docks, etc. Focus on the areas that have the most of these. If you can get a good drift going I suggest you fish fairly fast to start. Spinner baits retrieved fast and just under the surface in water 10' ft or less can call bass up & you can cover a lot of area. Half ounce double willow blades work well for this. This is better early. Topwaters can work too but work fast until you find a few fish. Again better early. Later in the day dropping a 'wacky' worm next to boulders, docks, weeds should get a few buts its slow going. Any slow sinking worm should work as well.
I am sure there will be a bunch of other ideas forthcoming & you should consider them as well.
Let us know how it goes?