Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2008, 07:56 AM   #1

Default Raise a Dock Experiences?

I attended the show at Gunstock this weekend and ran into a dock company called Raise A Dock out of Sanborville, NH. As I am in the market for a new dock, has anyone had experience with this company. Also, how did you find their pricing, service, etc?

Thanks

newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

He just did a dock for us and it is absolutely the best dock ever! We are so pleased. As you know docks aren't cheap, so this wasn't but we couldn't be happier. Also order way ahead as he is really busy!
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #3

Default Thanks Tis

Do you mind telling me what you ended up purchasing (crank up? length?, etc) and approx cost. This is a spring time 2009 project for me and I want to start savings the $.05 now.

I did speak with the owner and I really liked him...seemed honest and proud of his product.

Thanks

Old 07-21-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
Patiently Watching

I have a Watermark 6x40 on Melody Island that i just love. Very rugged, feels like a pile driven dock. Call Luke at Winnipesaukee Waterfront Management 603-391-1134. They can handle the job start to finish.
Patiently Watching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #5
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

newbie, He really is a great guy. We couldn't be happier. I think you may have seen a picture of ours there as he asked if he could use ours in the show. Ours is 34'long by 6'wide. We have lots of special features though, it was a lot of custom. It is a crank up. We put a lot of extra features on it. If you want, pm me and I will tell you more and if you want to come look at it you are welcome.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
ACutAbove

I dont mean to hijack your thread, and if its to off topic I will start another thread, but I was wondering how that show was at Gunstock. Was there lots of vendors/ people there.
Thanks for the info......Ken
you can pm if you dont want to post about it here.
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:17 PM   #7

Default Show

I don't mind at all. The people on this forum are so helpful, I don't mind when I have a chance to help.

The show the was pretty good. I would say they probably had 100 vendors or so, a nice mix of different aspects of lake living (not all hot tub and replacement windows). In talking with a bunch of vendors, almost all said that the show was worth it and they would probably come back. Food offering could be better. They may have missed some revenue opportunity. All in all, I thought a pretty good show

Old 07-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #8
Merrymeeting

I have no connection with Raise-A-Dock, nor do I have one. But I can state that almost every new dock on Merrymeeting in the past few years has been one, and I have yet to meet anyone who has one that isn't entirely pleased. Especially in April and October.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
ACutAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie View Post
I don't mind at all. The people on this forum are so helpful, I don't mind when I have a chance to help.

The show the was pretty good. I would say they probably had 100 vendors or so, a nice mix of different aspects of lake living (not all hot tub and replacement windows). In talking with a bunch of vendors, almost all said that the show was worth it and they would probably come back. Food offering could be better. They may have missed some revenue opportunity. All in all, I thought a pretty good show

Thanks for the review. I was asked to be a vendor at the show and other commitments kept me being able to do so. I was just curious how it was.
Thank you for your comments...
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:55 PM   #10
Hermit Cover

Default Raise a Dock

Could someone please give me the information on the "raise a dock company" for contact.....I missed that vendor....but all in all I thought the show was great. Being a home show fanatic, I thought this was very well organized, well promoted and found lots of vendors not usually seen at the replacement window/ vinyl siding shows. Saturdays heat and humidity made it kinda unpleasant in the Kylloe Building....Main Lodge....but without A/C what could one expect?
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:38 AM   #11

Default Raise a Dock

Raise A Dock
59 Martin Ln
Sanbornville, NH 03872
603-522-5336

Hope this helps
Old 09-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #12
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default Raise a Dock experience

We had a new "raise-a-dock" installed at our cottage in August, and it is truly a work of art. Dennis is a real pro, and he and his crew were extremely professional and impeccable in not only installing the new system, but also removing all of our old docks (which numbered many). We are thrilled, and especially enjoy looking at our new dock in the evening when the solar-powered lights are on. Love the Azek planking material!
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #13
card-diver

Default Raize a dock

I purchased a 40 foot roll in dock from this vendor 3 years ago and the workmanship is excellent, very sturdy. I have had no issues. He is very professional and I thought well priced. I would highly recommend although I cannot speak to service since I have had no issues.
card-diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #14
Bear Island South

We just had our Raise-A-Dock installed today, couldn't ask for a better experience, the whole process was A++. These guys know the business of building docks, a work of art. Thanks to Dennis and his crew, also to Mike Metcalfe of WIS for transporting the material and floating the dock over on his barge.
I highly recommend them to anyone looking to install a new dock.
Attached Images

Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote