Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Exclamation Fees going up for some OHRVs in NH

From this morning's CITIZEN

Fees going up for some OHRVs in NH

Wednesday, June 23, 2010
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Registration fees are going up July 1 for some off-highway recreational vehicles in New Hampshire.

Gov. John Lynch has signed into law fee increases for antique all-terrain vehicles and antique trail bikes, trail maintenance vehicles and fees to transfer ownership of OHRVs and snowmobiles.

Residents registering antiques will pay $46.50 up from $35. Transferring ownership will cost $17.50 instead of $13. Trail maintenance vehicle plates will cost $6.70 instead of $5.

The Fish and Game Department requested the increases.

http://www.citizen.c...9830/-1/CITIZEN
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
Lakegeezer

Based on last winter, I'd rather pay for snowmobiling by the day or the mile than by the season. The season ended very early and trails closed well before normal. I don't expect that to be an option... just sayin....
Old 06-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
fpartri497

Default fee increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
From this morning's CITIZEN

Fees going up for some OHRVs in NH

Wednesday, June 23, 2010
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Registration fees are going up July 1 for some off-highway recreational vehicles in New Hampshire.

Gov. John Lynch has signed into law fee increases for antique all-terrain vehicles and antique trail bikes, trail maintenance vehicles and fees to transfer ownership of OHRVs and snowmobiles.

Residents registering antiques will pay $46.50 up from $35. Transferring ownership will cost $17.50 instead of $13. Trail maintenance vehicle plates will cost $6.70 instead of $5.

The Fish and Game Department requested the increases.

http://www.citizen.c...9830/-1/CITIZEN
well by golly, can you Imagine that a fee increase. what will they think of next.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:47 AM   #4
chipj29

Default Limited applicability

From what I have read, this fee increase only applies to the specific type of OHRV listed, not all OHRVs.
jmen24 (06-24-2010)
Old 08-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
Based on last winter, I'd rather pay for snowmobiling by the day or the mile than by the season. The season ended very early and trails closed well before normal. I don't expect that to be an option... just sayin....
Yup, not a great riding season last winter for southern NH,,,

Too bad because the winter before was GREAT!

Crossing my fingers for a good season and lots of Winnipesaukee riding!
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2010, 05:36 AM   #6
Skip

Post NHSA explanation of fee increases...

Missed this thread until it was updated this morning!

Anyway, if you click HERE it will bring you to the "Hot News" page of the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association for a better explanation of the fee increase.

The NHSA is the parent snowmobile organization that represents the 100+ clubs in the State and has approximately 30,000 members.

Some of you may know that I serve as the Secretary of this great organization, and also am an instructor for the Fish & Game's ATV and Snowmobile Youth Safety Classes (besides being a rabid sledder ).

Except for the Executive Director and her Secretary, located at the Organization's headquarters in Tilton, all positions in the organization are voluntary.

Last year's low snow along with the depressed economy have made it very difficult for a number of Clubs to make it through the year. Additionally, all Clubs depend on volunteers to clean and maintain the trails, groom in the winter and help with fund raising. Except for a small portion of the State's 7000+ miles of trails, the State does not own or maintain the system. The system is primarily made up of trails crossing private properties that are permissioned, built and maintained by various club volunteers spread across ths State.

New Hampshire's rates are still the best deal in New England. And when compared to a day of skiiing, fishing or hunting still a bargain, in my humble opinion!

Lot's of new and exciting things coming to the sledding community this winter. Check in soon with your local Club, or contact the NHSA directly (or drop me a PM anytime) for a list of all the fantastic things planned statewide for the upcoming snowmobiling season.
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skip For This Useful Post:
trfour (08-13-2010), WINNOCTURN (08-13-2010)
Old 08-13-2010, 08:17 AM   #7
Irrigation Guy

Great Post Skip!

In response to Lakegeezers post I would like to mention that clubs in the state receive monies for trail maintenance/construction(reroutes) from registration dollars on a split basis as well as a split on grooming hours. All of this is performed with volunteer labor.

Snowmobiling in NH is funded through dedicated funds. The monies we pay come back to support our sport. We receive no money from the state.

We spend money whether there is snow or not preparing for the upcoming season(trail/bridge construction, rebuilds, equipment maintenance/upgrades, and insurance) to name a few.

I think it is very shortsighted to hold out on your sport due to the availability of snow on a yearly basis. IMHO, either you are in or out.

Please join your club early, register your sleds, and volunteer to help maintain and support the sport we all love. It is a fragile balance.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Where is OUR Stimulus Money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalRealtor View Post
Great Post Skip!

In response to Lakegeezers post I would like to mention that clubs in the state receive monies for trail maintenance/construction(reroutes) from registration dollars on a split basis as well as a split on grooming hours. All of this is performed with volunteer labor.

Snowmobiling in NH is funded through dedicated funds. The monies we pay come back to support our sport. We receive no money from the state.
LocalRealtor is spot on on this.

With the lack of good snow and how fast what we had disappeared, registrations were very low this past season.

What does that mean? It means that funds for trail work and grooming this coming season will be cut back considerably. We live and die off of the money taken in through registrations.

Normally each club will submit on average 3 major construction project listed as P1, P2 and P3. These projects are rated numerically as to their importance. In most years the clubs will get the Grants for all 3 projects. This year because of the low number of registrations the Clubs were held to only their P1 grants.

The distribution ($$) for Equipment, ie New Groomers and other related equipment was limited. Clubs that had requested monies for both Trail Work and Equipment were given a choice of one or the other. If you went for the equipment you lost the Trail Work fund. Tough choice!

With the lack off Grant monies this means that the Clubs will need to "SELF FUND" some of these projects that are still necessary for good and safe riding on the trails.
So when you receive your Club renewal application don't let it sit on the kitchen counter till December 15th. Send it back ASAP and maybe check the box off for a donation to "TRAILS", no amount is to small.

With the Billions of dollars that Snowmobiling brings into the State maybe there should be some additional "STATE" funding for the Bureau of Trails and Fish and Game.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:19 AM   #9
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalRealtor View Post
Great Post Skip!

We spend money whether there is snow or not preparing for the upcoming season(trail/bridge construction, rebuilds, equipment maintenance/upgrades, and insurance) to name a few.

I think it is very shortsighted to hold out on your sport due to the availability of snow on a yearly basis. IMHO, either you are in or out.

Please join your club early, register your sleds, and volunteer to help maintain and support the sport we all love. It is a fragile balance.
I dont think I would get too hung up on a one line comment, I took it as just a statement of disappointment that last season was not a good one if you ride in the lakes region.

It can be a bit disheartening to drop a bunch on money on registration for multiple sleds and then get almost no riding in. It has happened to me several years as I have been a day rider trailering up and back from MA and some years it feels like a lot of investment and operational cost (hundreds of $$ every year) when you get in little riding. But that doesn’t stop me from getting the sleds and trailer and gear ready every year AND buying my registration!

Lets hope for a blockbuster winter, 3 feet of ice topped by 2 feet of snow on Winni!!!

I want to take another Grand Tour of the lake, maybe a couple!

Not looking to rush summer off by any means, just looking forward to a good sledding season!!!
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote