Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
secondcurve

Default Skimobiling

Has anyone been out sledding on the east side of the lake recently? If so, what are the conditions like?

Thanks,
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
HomeWood

Wentworth cam shows a single track going by. Looks like nice snow to ride on. I love riding on untouched snow. Feels like your floating. That reminds me, I need to wake up my sled for February. I wonder the same thing every year. Who was the first brave person to make the first track??
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:00 AM   #3
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Wentworth cam??

Is there a Wentworth cam?? If so can you post the address. Thanks
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hubbard Rd View Post
Is there a Wentworth cam?? If so can you post the address. Thanks
http://www.lwa.org/index.php?option=...ebcam&Itemid=5
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Web Cams

Thanks for the Lake Wentworth cam info. You can never have enough web cams when your back in the city and fantasizing about being up at the lake!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2007, 10:30 PM   #6
Old Hubbard Rd

Default psss

Hey don't spread the word but the snowmobiling today was unbelievable!!
Old 12-31-2007, 12:31 AM   #7
Seeker

Looks like we're going to get dumped on tonight. Snowmobiling should be great.
You should come over and try the trails in the Ossipee/Wakefield area if you get a chance.
I'll try to post trail conditions on the Seven Lakes site if I get any reports.
Happy New Year to all.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:07 AM   #8
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Ossipee Trails

Unfortunately you can't get there from here... YET!! Us Meredith Neck Road folks are at the mercy of Mother Nature. There are no land trails that I know of that can take us out of Meredith Neck to Moultonboro then to Ossipee area without traveling over the lake. I'm not going on the lake yet. Can't wait!! I'll need to check out those Ossipee/Wakefield trails.

Do you Ossippee/Wakefield snowmobilers check out Pine River Rd Steak House?? Friends of mine Karen and Ed own it. Their really nice very hard workers. They have had this place for over 25-30 years now.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:43 AM   #9
secondcurve

Old Hubbard:

That steak house is supposed to be a good snowmobile destination. My brother and I saw the sign for it on our ride last week. We both agreed that the next time out it would be our targeted spot for lunch.

How is Winnipesaukee coming? Looks like a cold week coming up. Maybe the ice will be safe this weekend?
Old 12-31-2007, 07:57 PM   #10
This'nThat

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
How is Winnipesaukee coming? Looks like a cold week coming up. Maybe the ice will be safe this weekend?
Some sledding has taken place on Alton Bay this past weekend.
This'nThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:18 AM   #11
Seeker

Quote:
Unfortunately you can't get there from here... YET!! Us Meredith Neck Road folks are at the mercy of Mother Nature. There are no land trails that I know of that can take us out of Meredith Neck to Moultonboro then to Ossipee area without traveling over the lake. I'm not going on the lake yet. Can't wait!! I'll need to check out those Ossipee/Wakefield trails.

Do you Ossippee/Wakefield snowmobilers check out Pine River Rd Steak House?? Friends of mine Karen and Ed own it. Their really nice very hard workers. They have had this place for over 25-30 years now.
Know Ed and Wayne very well as we've been going there since they have owned the place. Miss Gus' cooking though. Still go there but not as much as in the "old days". Right on one of our (Seven Lakes) trails.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #12
EricP

Default Seeker, I have a trail question

I see you are in Effingham. I have a friend in Effingham and I'd like to find a way to his house from mine. I was looking at a few maps and see that Corridor 19 goes a couple miles to the west of Province Lake. My friend is on Stevens Road, is there a local trail that can get me from 19 to Stevens Road?

Thanks,
Eric
EricP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #13
fatlazyless

As of yesterday Dec 31 at 5pm, all the area from horse-dolly-bear-mark-timber-governors was very open water....cattle landing-bear channel heading north up toward rock isl was also open water. Don't know about today?
Old 01-01-2008, 08:41 PM   #14
secondcurve

Thanks for the update Fatlazyless. On a related note, do you have any plans to pull your boat? I know you got caught in the freeze late last January. Hopefully, that won't happen again.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:17 AM   #15
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricP View Post
I see you are in Effingham. I have a friend in Effingham and I'd like to find a way to his house from mine. I was looking at a few maps and see that Corridor 19 goes a couple miles to the west of Province Lake. My friend is on Stevens Road, is there a local trail that can get me from 19 to Stevens Road?

Thanks,
Eric
Eric, There are 2 trails that go onto Province Lake "W" (now Prov. Lake No.) and "A" (now Prov. Lake So.). W would be your best choice as it will dump you out nearer to Stevens Rd. You should be able to skirt the shoreline and go up the bank near the intersection of Bailey and Stevens. EMail the website info@SevenLakesSnowmobileClub.com for more info.
Seeker
Old 01-06-2008, 08:11 AM   #16
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Get out there and sled!!

Man did we have the best and worst riding I've ever had on Sat 1/5/08. Hat's off to the Bridgewater, Rumney, Plymouth Snowmobile Clubs!! If anyone whats to have a ball head to these area's. The trails off railroad tracks in Ashland heading toward Bridgewater (trail 24W I think) were absolutely SICK!!!!!!!! You will not find better riding in the Lakes Region. These trails will take you up to Rumney and Plymouth for more absolutely SICK riding. The mistake we made was taking the trails from the Plymouth State field house toward Squam and Meredith. The trails to Squam was good. The trails from Squam to Meredith was one of my worse experiences I ever had riding. I will never go that way again. Some club needs to work on those trails. We were really looking forward to heading from Squam to Meredith to have lunch at "The Mug". Never got there!! This trail from Squam to Meredith has never been maintained well although this time was a real joke. The Sno-Streaker in Meredith were out yesterday (Sat 1/5/08) putting up bridge covering and had the groomer out. The trails were good when the groomer was by. I really curious what trails SnoStreaker will groom. I sent several emails to the web master of their site and have received no answers. I wish their website had more contact info and up to date info. A Blog like Winnipesaukee.com would be awesome. Sooo Get out there and sled!! Stay off the lakes. In my opinion they re not frozen enough. There's plenty of good riding headed up the tracks in Meredith to Bridgewater and Plymouth/Rumney. Enjoy!!

Last edited by Old Hubbard Rd; 01-07-2008 at 07:25 AM. Reason: misspell
Old 01-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #17
EricP

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Eric, There are 2 trails that go onto Province Lake "W" (now Prov. Lake No.) and "A" (now Prov. Lake So.). W would be your best choice as it will dump you out nearer to Stevens Rd. You should be able to skirt the shoreline and go up the bank near the intersection of Bailey and Stevens. EMail the website info@SevenLakesSnowmobileClub.com for more info.
Seeker
Thanks for the info, I'll follow up on this.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #18
EricP

Default Yes, good day yesterday

That was a nasty section of trail, so close to a good burger for lunch and yet so far. I wish there was a better trail through there that is maintained, kinda a let down after such a fun ride to that point. Trails 8 & 24 in the Plymouth/Ashland/Rumney areas last weekend and yesterday were phenominal! Nothing but great riding. Trail 5 was rough last weekend when we were there. We still need to work a route from Campton to Meredith, that would be a fun ride if the trails connect, but I have a feeling that would involve that crap we went through yesterday unless we can come though Moultonboro
Old 01-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #19
hilltopper

Quote:
The mistake we made was taking the trails from the Plymouth State field house toward Squam and Meredith. The trails to Squam was good. The trails from Squam to Meredith was one of my worse experiences I ever had riding. I will never go that way again. Some club needs to work on those trails. We were really looking forward to heading from Squam to Meredith to have lunch at "The Mug". Never got there!! This trail from Squam to Meredith has never been maintained well although this time was a real joke. The Sno-Streaker in Meredith were out yesterday (Sat 1/5/08) putting up bridge covering and had the groomer out. The trails were good when the groomer was by. I really curious what trails SnoStreaker will groom. I sent several emails to the web master of their site and have received no answers. I wish their website had more contact info and up to date info. A Blog like Winnipesaukee.com would be awesome. Sooo Get out there and sled!! Stay off the lakes. In my opinion they re not frozen enough. There's plenty of good riding headed up the tracks in Meredith to Bridgewater and Plymouth/Rumney. Enjoy!!
This is disappointing to hear. Could it be possible that that trail cannot really be groomed at the moment due to the swampy areas behind the Mug? Nothing like burying a groomer 4 feet deep in a swamp...
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #20
EricP

Default It's the Center Harbor end of the trail I believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopper View Post
This is disappointing to hear. Could it be possible that that trail cannot really be groomed at the moment due to the swampy areas behind the Mug? Nothing like burying a groomer 4 feet deep in a swamp...
I think we could have ridden behind The Mug, but we were traveling south from Plymouth and picked up the trail on the hill near Squam Lake and it could have been either Holderness or Center Harbor. There is part of the trial that on one side of the hill goes through a campground where there are a bunch of fifth wheels and stuff and on the other side of the hill crosses the road and goes into what looks like a bunch of camps then down th road onto a lake (maybe Squam?) anyway follow that triail up over the hill and down a bit of road to where you come upon a house with barn and I think the trail went to the left towards the swmp but there was no trail, it ended right there and we turned around and had to back track.