Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
sgold44

Default New to Snowmobiling

I just purchased my first sled, a SkiDoo Mach Z triple. I have a vacation house in Alton Bay. I'd like to join a club & get to know the area's trails. Any advice on how to get started would be greatly apreciated.
sgold44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:34 PM   #2
Skip

Thumbs up Welcome aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgold44
I just purchased my first sled, a SkiDoo Mach Z triple. I have a vacation house in Alton Bay. I'd like to join a club & get to know the area's trails. Any advice on how to get started would be greatly apreciated.
Great to have you join in!

I happen to be the Club Treasurer and Certified OHRV/Snowmobile Instructor for the Ossipee Valley Snowmobile Club over in Ossipee/Tamworth. We may be a little far for you, however there are several excellent clubs right on your doorstep.

Since there are several members here that belong to those clubs I'll give them a chance to chime in and make their sales pitch before I try to hijack you!

You have come to the right place 'cause there are some very serious, educated and safe snowmobilers that are regulars to this site.

Will be looking forward to seeing you on the trails this season, you live in one of the most beautiful spots in the State to enjoy the sport, mother nature willing.....

Skip
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #3
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Thumbs up Welcome to Snowmobiling in the Lakes Area

As Skip says there several Club in your area.

Here is a link to what might be the closest one. Check it out and you will get a feel of what is going on in the Alton area.

Mt. Major Snowmobile Club
54 PO Box 208, Alton Bay, NH 03810
www.mountmajorsnowmobileclub.com

I you have not ridden a Snowmobile before I would recommend contacting one of the local Clubs and see if you could sit in on one of the up and coming Safety Course. I am presuming you’re over twelve. Seriously you will be surprised what you will learn at one of these courses. These classes usually run from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm on a Saturday morning. This link will get you to a list of all the scheduled classes. http://wildlife.state.nh.us/OHRV/ohrv.htm#snowmobile

With the trails system that interconnect the Clubs in the Lakes area you can circum navigate the entire Lake. Most of the Club will have a “Saturday” ride with a specific destination in mind. One of the objects of these rides is to go out on one trail system and return on another. Usually there is a “Lunch” break as part of the planned ride.

As Skip said he is “involved” with the Ossipee Valley Snowmobile Club. It is a very hard working and dedicated group Snowmobile enthusiasts. Here is the link to OVSC www.ossipeevalleysnowmobileclub.com

As for myself I am “involved” with the Moultonboro Snowmobile Club. Check out our website www.moultonborosmc.com.

I post a lot of our Club happenings here on the Forum. Check out the current post Moultonboro SMC News Oct/Nov.

If you join any of the Clubs that are members of the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association your membership makes eligible for a $30.00 discount on your snowmobile registration.

This is the mantra of all Snowmobilers and Clubs, THINK SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George

WINNOCTURN

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 10-23-2007 at 06:54 PM.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:23 PM   #4
RLW

Default Club info

Welcome to snowmobiling!

You have two great clubs right in your area, Mount Major and Gilmanton Snowmobile club. Both would love to have you as a member.
You can go to www.mountmajorsnowmobileclub.com and print a application as well as link to other clubs. I am sure I will see you on the trails as my family rides out of Sunset lake.

RIDE SAFE AND FOLLOW THE LAWS
Old 10-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #5
Skip

Talking Here they come....

See, what did I tell ya!

These guys are already circling like a flock of buzzards at sunrise's first road kill!!!!
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2007, 06:49 AM   #6
sgold44

I'll be riding out of Hills pond, as my house is in Alton Shores. I've ridden before on friends sleds. Looking forward to a snowy winter. Thanks for the advice.
sgold44 is offline   Reply With Quote