Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-21-2005, 01:03 PM   #1
searay220

Default Snowmobile Talk

I wanted to start this new thread so we can talk snowmobiling and trail conditions. I went Sunday on the Powder Mill trails and had a blast. Although the trails were hard to navigate even with a Powder Mill trail map due to poor signage. The writting on the orange signs were so faded and unable to read or the signs were blank with no writting at all. With that said the conditions were better than I thought they were going to be. What great feeling to be back out on the trails. See you on the trails.
searay220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:05 PM   #2
ITD

We need snow!!!!!!!!! The Moultonboro SMC site says the trail conditions are sketchy at best. Someone do the snow dance. Please!!!!!!
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:16 AM   #3
DRH

Yes, we too are awaiting some great winter sledding! Hope we get more snow soon, and that the lake freezes over early as well.

Old 12-23-2005, 08:28 AM   #4
Skip

Smile You may get an unexpected visitor....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH
Yes, we too are awaiting some great winter sledding! Hope we get more snow soon, and that the lake freezes over early as well.

If the season pans out as good as predicted, I'll be sure to sled over your way and say hello....hoping to make the trek over the mountain & cruise the big Lake the weekend of the derby (keeping a close eye out for the four legged sledders).

Still have only rode the new sled around the back 40, to timid yet to risk it on the marginal trail conditions in the Ossipee area....hopefully we'll get some good snows on the tailend of the Christmas day storm!

Merry Christmas & safe sleddin',

Skip
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:06 AM   #5
chipj29

Unhappy Trails closed

The trails in my town (Bow) are officially closed due to lack of snow. There is ok snowcover, but it is very ice and bumpy. Definately does not make for a good ride. The club posted on their website that trails are still closed, and we hope that the crazies are able to stay off. I am not that confident in that hope...lol
Lets hope the Christmas night storm, which looks to at least start as rain, ends as some accumulating snow. Oh, and keep your eyes on the forecast for New Years day.
chipj29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2005, 12:46 PM   #6
KonaChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD
We need snow!!!!!!!!! The Moultonboro SMC site says the trail conditions are sketchy at best. Someone do the snow dance. Please!!!!!!

My son has Native American blood...I'll get him dancing for us!! Funny thing is we make him dance like a fool around the deck up at the lake when we need rain....I'm wondering if the snow dance is different?? Time to google. HAPPY HOLIDAYS FORUM MEMBERS!!
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:14 PM   #7
Mee-n-Mac

Talking Almost the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick
My son has Native American blood...I'll get him dancing for us!! Funny thing is we make him dance like a fool around the deck up at the lake when we need rain....I'm wondering if the snow dance is different?? Time to google. HAPPY HOLIDAYS FORUM MEMBERS!!

Hmmm ... snow is just rain in a more solid format. I think it's pretty much the same dance but instead of "put your left foot in, put your right foot in", it's "put your right foot in, put your left foot in" . Or wait maybe that's the no rain dance .... yup better Google it.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:32 PM   #8
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Thumbs up Ullr

The skiers worship ULLR, the Norwegian God of snow. There is a small ULLR festival in Conway. I don't know when.
Breckenridge has a huge ULLR festival every year on the 2cnd Thursday of January. It's pretty much like a Mardi Gras where they close off the Main Street and have a big parade with floats.
Maybe we can get the snowmobilers to worship ULLR. There may be more snow South of the mountains.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:21 PM   #9
ITD

Mee, that sounds more like the Hokey Pokey.

Kona, Thanks in advance for the snow dance, but does this mean that you're to blame for the rainy days in the summer? Just Kidding, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

ITD
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:37 PM   #10
KonaChick

Sorry about all the rain...my son is still trying to perfect that snowdance! Hopefully by the end of this vacation week he'll get it right. Let's all pray to the snow gods for some snow...it can't hurt!!
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 04:27 PM   #11
RLW

Thumbs down Snow Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick
Let's all pray to the snow gods for some snow...it can't hurt!!
I think we are out of luck for about 7 to 10 days of getting any for snowmobiling per the weather forecasting GODS. At least they think they are. (GODS) They say snow flurries possible in the night time, but just that, snow flurries, nothing of importance to help us out.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:33 AM   #12
gtxrider

Default The trick to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac
Hmmm ... snow is just rain in a more solid format. I think it's pretty much the same dance but instead of "put your left foot in, put your right foot in", it's "put your right foot in, put your left foot in" . Or wait maybe that's the no rain dance .... yup better Google it.
I still think the secrect is the "Shake it all about" part.
gtxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 10:57 AM   #13
SOMEONEGOTCHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxrider
I still think the secrect is the "Shake it all about" part.
If that's what you think it would take maybe we should all do it at once on a given day and time as the more that does it all at once may mean more to the snow gods.