Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2022, 06:52 AM   #1
Not to Worry

Default Goodhue or Flightcraft?

I am thinking ob buying a new Cobalt from Goodhue or Flightcraft. Neither seems to get great reviews.

Wondering if anyone has an opinion on which has better after the sale service. Any help would be appreciated.
Not to Worry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 03:49 PM   #2
wentworthwhitbreadIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not to Worry View Post
I am thinking ob buying a new Cobalt from Goodhue or Flightcraft. Neither seems to get great reviews.

Wondering if anyone has an opinion on which has better after the sale service. Any help would be appreciated.
One dealer is in business strictly for the money. The second one is in business strictly for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
wentworthwhitbreadIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 04:17 PM   #3
WinnisquamZ

Service and winter storage can be used as a chip

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 04:20 PM   #4
Not to Worry

Default Anyone?

Anyone have good or bad experience with either? Service? Good or bad?
Old 08-13-2022, 04:22 PM   #5
Not to Worry

Default Plan to use either or for storage and service.

You cannot get to Flightcraft by water so that is maybe a negative.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2022, 05:51 AM   #6
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not to Worry View Post
You cannot get to Flightcraft by water so that is maybe a negative.
I’ve been at Sheps (Goodhue) for decades, through multiple owners. I had one really negative experience with the last owner just before it was sold to Goodhue. Since Goodhue bought Sheps there have been many staff changes and a big uptick in rentals which has changed the dynamics a bit. That said, I have had no issues with the new people and find them helpful and responsive anytime I need something done. I wish slip and storage fees were lower but am glad to have a slip so won’t complain.
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garcia For This Useful Post:
Not to Worry (08-14-2022)
Old 08-14-2022, 06:15 PM   #7
chachee52

My friend has bought 2 boats recently with FlightCraft and I can say this past one is his last with them. Everytime he had issues with the boat or trailer its been a bunch of excuses and poor outcomes. He deals with both Laconia and the Milton (I think?) one. I've been next to him while he's been on the phone and been at the show with him too.
I just know he's now looking at other boats for his next purchase. (he buys every couple years so far).
chachee52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 06:45 AM   #8
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
My friend has bought 2 boats recently with FlightCraft and I can say this past one is his last with them. Everytime he had issues with the boat or trailer its been a bunch of excuses and poor outcomes. He deals with both Laconia and the Milton (I think?) one. I've been next to him while he's been on the phone and been at the show with him too.
I just know he's now looking at other boats for his next purchase. (he buys every couple years so far).

Wow, really? I can't say I know anybody who gets a new boat every couple of years.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:09 AM   #9
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Wow, really? I can't saw I know anybody who gets a new boat every couple of years.
If you're going to buy a boat that often, you might as well join American Boat Club! New boats every year for about the same price you would pay for a slip!

Of course, I am partial to Formula boats and had mine since 1988. Bought a Sea Ray and return to Formula. Also had a 4-Winns and also return. Nothing like a Formula! ABC does not offer Formulas!
Old 08-15-2022, 08:29 AM   #10
tbonies

I bought a Cobalt from East Coast ten years ago and have had nothing but great service. Maybe I'm just the lucky one or just have realistic expectations.
tbonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 08:32 AM   #11
AC2717

aren't they the same family, dad one, son the other?
Old 08-15-2022, 09:55 AM   #12
winnidiverdg

Default Flightcraft

We have had excellent sales and service experiences from Meredith Flightcraft for the past 11 years. Service team has been easy to reach, attentive and always do excellent work. We also do winter storage with them too. Couldn’t be happier with the whole team.
winnidiverdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:08 PM   #13
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
If you're going to buy a boat that often, you might as well join American Boat Club! New boats every year for about the same price you would pay for a slip!

Of course, I am partial to Formula boats and had mine since 1988. Bought a Sea Ray and return to Formula. Also had a 4-Winns and also return. Nothing like a Formula! ABC does not offer Formulas!
They live on a pond, no need for a slip. A ton of them on that pond buy new boats every year. They claim that it is cost effective. I dunno, I don't have enough money to do that. Different strokes for different folks.
chachee52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 11:23 AM   #14
BrunoSR

I would highly recommend Flight Craft to anyone looking to purchase a boat, new or used, or in need of service. For me, Flight Craft has been a great company to do business with. They have a great team!

My history with Flight Craft all started well before I was a customer of theirs. I backed into one of their brand-new boats while trying to shoehorn myself in at the gas dock. Dan, the owner was there working the docks that day. When I asked if they could call the owner, I heard, I am the owner. That’s when I got that pit in my stomach. We both inspected his boat and there didn’t appear to be any damage, just broke some letters on my boat (Four Winns). Dan said he would pull the boat and inspect it in the shop, there “might” be spider cracks. I thought, oh here it comes, I am in for a big bill. I apologized and gave him all my information. Months passed and I didn’t hear from them.

The following year I decide to get a bigger boat and I have always liked Cobalt’s. So, I went to check them out. I meet with Ryan, and he was great! He spent a lot of time going over the boat, answered all my questions, and I had a lot of them. Took me out on 2 separate sea trials. I went back for a third and final before I made up my mind. But Ryan was tied up, but Dan offered. During the ride with Dan, I asked him if he remember me, or me backing into his boat the previous year. Dan said, he didn’t remember it. I told him I had really expected a bill from him. He said, “if there’s no damage, there’s no damage”. He didn’t even send me a bill to pull the boat, inspect it and re-splash it. I have been in the marine business for more than 35 years and this is unheard of! He just finalized the sale!

I ordered a Cobalt R7 from them and this is my third season with it. They were a pleasure to work with when I bought the boat, and their service team has been well above average with a couple miner hiccups since.

Remember when you read reviews, consider that there are great customers and horrible customers, and sometimes you will come across one that you will never be able to satisfy no matter what you do!
BrunoSR is offline   Reply With Quote