Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2022, 10:10 AM   #1
Winilyme

Default Trex

Question for those in the building trades that are close to this.

We had a large Trex deck built at our CT home this past fall. It's awesome and it is a glorious thought that I'll never need to sand or stain it.

An extra bonus is that there was nearly enough decking left over to replace a small walkway that extends about 25 feet around the edge of our Winni cottage (ground level). The current PT version has been there for many years and is finally giving up the ghost.

I'll be ordering the PT lumber and other materials such as flashing paper and hardware for the underside framing. However, I still need two 16' Trex boards for the picture framing around the outer edges of the walkway. My question is, can such a small quantity be ordered without paying a huge shipping fee? Or, do lumberyards carry surplus inventory where a small amount like this might be in stock?

The Trex decking is Transcends - color: Spiced Rum.

Also wondering where you'd recommend I purchase this locally. I was considering Middleton as I'm in Meredith. I would be purchasing the framing lumber and everything else there as well. I'd like to build the walkway this August or September but if lead times would preclude that, I'd settle for next spring.

Thanks for your advice.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:30 AM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
Question for those in the building trades that are close to this.

We had a large Trex deck built at our CT home this past fall. It's awesome and it is a glorious thought that I'll never need to sand or stain it.

An extra bonus is that there was nearly enough decking left over to replace a small walkway that extends about 25 feet around the edge of our Winni cottage (ground level). The current PT version has been there for many years and is finally giving up the ghost.

I'll be ordering the PT lumber and other materials such as flashing paper and hardware for the underside framing. However, I still need two 16' Trex boards for the picture framing around the outer edges of the walkway. My question is, can such a small quantity be ordered without paying a huge shipping fee? Or, do lumberyards carry surplus inventory where a small amount like this might be in stock?

The Trex decking is Transcends - color: Spiced Rum.

Also wondering where you'd recommend I purchase this locally. I was considering Middleton as I'm in Meredith. I would be purchasing the framing lumber and everything else there as well. I'd like to build the walkway this August or September but if lead times would preclude that, I'd settle for next spring.

Thanks for your advice.
Lowe's carries it....

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchT...cend%20decking

Dan
Winilyme (07-27-2022)
Old 07-27-2022, 11:13 AM   #3
John Mercier

Lowes has it special order. It would arrive on August 8th for you to pick up at a cost of 136.11 per stick.

Lavalley-Middleton has it in-stock (no wait no restock charge) for 103.85 per stick.

If you give me the order of what you would like we can enter it into our system and ship it to your site for free.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
Jon (07-27-2022)