Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 07:09 PM   #1
WinnisquamZ

Default Senator Election

https://webapp.pagesuite.com/app/LAC...4-cb2285cb36f3
Tomorrow’s LDS. No photo of the leading candidate. Don’t mention him until the second to last paragraph. Bias is frightening

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (09-03-2022), GodSmile (09-02-2022), I.C.Isles (09-01-2022), Major (09-02-2022), SAMIAM (09-03-2022), Sue Doe-Nym (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 11:14 AM   #2
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
https://webapp.pagesuite.com/app/LAC...4-cb2285cb36f3
Tomorrow’s LDS. No photo of the leading candidate. Don’t mention him until the second to last paragraph. Bias is frightening

Winnisquam, I am so glad you mentioned this. I read the article and was flabbergasted. I shouldn't be surprised. This is what we are fighting against. The bias against conservatives is palpable. Although its genesis was more honorable, the LDS has become another leftwing rag. Can you imagine, our hometown candidate has a huge lead and there is no reporting on him! Outrageous!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
ApS (09-03-2022), Jeanzb1 (09-02-2022), Sue Doe-Nym (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 11:47 AM   #3
WinnisquamZ

I must apologize to all on this forming for adding my political rant. What the LDS did here is wrong. Bolduc is from Laconia. Just wrong. With that said, back to watching for stupid boating this weekend

The Following User Says Thank You to WinnisquamZ For This Useful Post:
DotRat (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 12:21 PM   #4
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
I must apologize to all on this forming for adding my political rant. What the LDS did here is wrong. Bolduc is from Laconia. Just wrong. With that said, back to watching for stupid boating this weekend

We may not always agree politically, but we'll always agree on the importance of honest journalism.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (09-03-2022), jbolty (09-02-2022), Jeanzb1 (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 02:38 PM   #5
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
We may not always agree politically, but we'll always agree on the importance of honest journalism.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
ABSOLUTELY! But we must also give the benefit of doubt to the media source that reports something a wee bit short of the whole story. They
may have been contacted by the FBI and encouraged to suppress the story do to concerns that General Bolduc’s place of birth was Russian disinformation. I am certain that once that is dis-proven after the election they will have a feature paragraph.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62688532.amp
The Following User Says Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post:
ApS (09-03-2022)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2022, 04:16 PM   #6
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,147 Times in 894 Posts

Well................This discussion will go off the rails real quick!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Biggd (09-03-2022), Slickcraft (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 08:08 PM   #7
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Winnisquam, I am so glad you mentioned this. I read the article and was flabbergasted. I shouldn't be surprised. This is what we are fighting against. The bias against conservatives is palpable. Although its genesis was more honorable, the LDS has become another leftwing rag. Can you imagine, our hometown candidate has a huge lead and there is no reporting on him! Outrageous!
Are you suggesting that Morse and the others that sat for an interview are not ''conservatives''?
Old 09-02-2022, 09:16 PM   #8
phoenix

Its interesting the liberals focus on winning and conservatives focus on perfection . Perfect is the enemy of good. Hassan will win
ITD (09-04-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 10:04 PM   #9
John Mercier

It is the Republican primary.
My take on it is Bolduc has a commanding lead... the election in a very short time away... so why bother? The others have to chase him down, while he can just wait it out and focus on the general election.
By not giving interviews, he protects himself from any negative press and can focus his time/efforts toward the real battle.

I don't think he is taking it lightly, especially since I think Sununu... even with really decent polling numbers... decided not to pursue the seat.
Of course, a fourth term would tie with John Lynch in the longest governorship in the modern process... but he would need to seek a fifth to wait another cycle for Shaheen.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
GregW11 (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 05:25 AM   #10
rocket21

Isn't that the same Sun reporter who made a scene at the Gunstock meeting earlier this summer?
The Following User Says Thank You to rocket21 For This Useful Post:
GregW11 (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 08:21 AM   #11
garysanfran

Journalism is bias in what they chose not to cover.

Try to find a mention of the southern border migrant invasion in The Boston Globe...None.

Search The Boston Globe archives for any mention of Hunter Biden....None.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post:
DEJ (09-03-2022), GodSmile (09-03-2022), pondguy (09-03-2022), Seaplane Pilot (09-03-2022), Sue Doe-Nym (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 08:25 AM   #12
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Laconia Daily Sun
"Seeking the Truth and Spinning it"
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post:
DEJ (09-03-2022), GodSmile (09-03-2022), Seaplane Pilot (09-03-2022), TiltonBB (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 12:52 PM   #13
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Aren't all the Republican candidates conservative?

Also, as a person actually on the left wing, and not deeply familiar with the positions of any of these candidates, but familiar with your positions--I'm going to guess that Bolduc is a MAGA candidate. Correct? If yes, you might consider that liberals often cheer for MAGA candidates to win Republican nominations because liberals perceive MAGAs as easier to best in the general election.

Sununu mentioned above--HE would have been tough for Hassan. A MAGA guy? Hassan herself is voting for him in the primary

So I would not say that LDS is a "leftwing rag", but maybe a traditional Republican rag
Old 09-03-2022, 01:01 PM   #14
WinnisquamZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post

Also, as a person actually on the left wing, and not deeply familiar with the positions of any of these candidates, but familiar with your positions--I'm going to guess that Bolduc is a MAGA candidate. Correct? If yes, you might consider that liberals often cheer for MAGA candidates to win Republican nominations because liberals perceive MAGAs as easier to best in the general election.

Sununu mentioned above--HE would have been tough for Hassan. A MAGA guy? Hassan herself is voting for him in the primary

So I would not say that LDS is a "leftwing rag", but maybe a traditional Republican rag
Will agree with you that the current LDS “is a rag”. Unfortunate for the city and surrounding towns. The area deserves better

Old 09-03-2022, 01:08 PM   #15
ApS

Red face Thread is Doomed, I Say...

Quote:

You're unfamiliar with RINOs?

(Also known as "Assistant Democrats"--also had to laugh at a nicknamed "Que Mala" this morning!)

"MAGA" is a demonizing attempt to split Republicans prior to the November Mid-terms.
Old 09-03-2022, 02:43 PM   #16
John Mercier

Quote:
Will agree with you that the current LDS “is a rag”. Unfortunate for the city and surrounding towns. The area deserves better

So you're mad that when all twelve were asked for an interview only a few complied?
Seems you should be pissed at the candidates that didn't bother.
Old 09-03-2022, 02:47 PM   #17
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post

(Also known as "Assistant Democrats"--also had to laugh at a nicknamed "Que Mala" this morning!)

"MAGA" is a demonizing attempt to split Republicans prior to the November Mid-terms
I don't think anyone is worried about splitting Republicans.
The prize is Independents.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post:
Biggd (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 02:53 PM   #18
WinnisquamZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
So you're mad that when all twelve were asked for an interview only a few complied?

Seems you should be pissed at the candidates that didn't bother.
Once again John you are writing a lie. No where in the article does it state that all were asked for a interview and some refused.

Old 09-03-2022, 03:39 PM   #19
FlyingScot

Quote:

"MAGA" is a demonizing attempt to split Republicans prior to the November Mid-terms
I did not mean to demonize anybody. I thought MAGA was the term Trump supporters gave themselves--isn't it?

And I also thought that RINO was the "demonizing" term that Trump-supporters gave to traditional Republicans, or at least to Republicans who do not support Trump--isn't it?

But leaving the labels aside and staying on the heart of the matter--the real assertion in my post is that Democrats expect that Trump-supporting Republicans are the real "Assistant Democrats" in NH. They believe that a person such as Bolduc is much easier for Hassan to defeat than a person like Sununu. Therefore, if left wingers were controlling LDS, they would give Bolduc more coverage, not less...
Old 09-03-2022, 04:12 PM   #20
John Mercier

Quote:
Once again John you are writing a lie. No where in the article does it state that all were asked for a interview and some refused.

So you contacted General Bolduc and asked him?
If not, you have falsely accused the LDS.

Two wrongs wouldn't make a right... but you went first.
Old 09-03-2022, 04:32 PM   #21
John Mercier

Quote:
I did not mean to demonize anybody. I thought MAGA was the term Trump supporters gave themselves--isn't it?

And I also thought that RINO was the "demonizing" term that Trump-supporters gave to traditional Republicans, or at least to Republicans who do not support Trump--isn't it?

But leaving the labels aside and staying on the heart of the matter--the real assertion in my post is that Democrats expect that Trump-supporting Republicans are the real "Assistant Democrats" in NH. They believe that a person such as Bolduc is much easier for Hassan to defeat than a person like Sununu. Therefore, if left wingers were controlling LDS, they would give Bolduc more coverage, not less...
Bolduc has nothing to gain from the interview for a primary.
Morse might... but would need a surge in the next week to even come close.

But there is a question whether Democrats would be so bold as to change status to vote in the Republican primary. Which is just unfortunately sad.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:23 PM   #22
ApS

Question This Nation's Oldest Newspaper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
We may not always agree pUSolitically, but we'll always agree on the importance of honest journalism.
Ever known when the New York Post was censored?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62688532

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
I don't think anyone is worried about splitting Republicans.
The prize is Independents.
My take on Independents is:

1) They don't know which bathroom to use.

2) They think the Strategic Oil Reserves is there to refill their heating oil tanks.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:08 PM   #23
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
Journalism is bias in what they chose not to cover.
This is an interesting concept, so you inspired me to see if mainstream media is covering Bolduc. The NY Times has coverage that shows that Hassan is unpopular and should be easily beatable. I'm guessing that you think that's accurate...

And it notes that Bolduc thinks Sununu is a Communist sympathizer, Senators should not be elected by the people, and we should consider abolishing the FBI.

Maybe LDS did Bolduc a favor by NOT covering his beliefs?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/28/u...hampshire.html
Old 09-03-2022, 08:14 PM   #24
John Mercier

Quote:
Ever known when the New York Post was censored?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62688532

My take on Independents is:

1) They don't know which bathroom to use.

2) They think the Strategic Oil Reserves is there to refill their heating oil tanks.
Well, if they choose to continue to vote Democrat, you're only option is to suffer with a choice you don't like... or move to Alabama.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_oil_net_imports
We've been a net exporter for several months now because our refineries are running full bore.

But the secret to heating oil is conservation... at least that is what capitalist theory tells us. EX: Upgrading windows, doors, appliances, insulation.

But it also allows for demand destruction through substitution; such as... mini-splits (electricity - NG and Nuclear) or wood stoves/pellet stoves.

Since US refiners are operating at maximum capacity... and each barrel represents a specific amount of gasoline, diesel, heating oil, etc. more of that is not an option.

The power over heat this winter is in our own hands... at least that is how Independent thought works.
Old 09-04-2022, 04:19 AM   #25
ApS

Unhappy FBI: Silenced on Laptop and Pee-Pee Tapes...

Quote:
This is an interesting concept, so you inspired me to see if mainstream media is covering Bolduc. The NY Times has coverage that shows that Hassan is unpopular and should be easily beatable. I'm guessing that you think that's accurate...And it notes that Bolduc thinks Sununu is a Communist sympathizer, Senators should not be elected by the people, and we should consider abolishing the FBI.
Maybe LDS did Bolduc a favor by NOT covering his beliefs?
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/28/u...hampshire.html
1) That Sununu is a Communist sympathizer:

When a state embraces blanket purchases of Chinese products they are funding the CCP's third aircraft carrier. Retired Generals would know.

2) Senators should not be elected by the people:

A Convention of States would repeal the 17th Amendment, which would return more say to individual states--as intended. (But are still elected by the people in those states). The new Convention of States is still growing.

3) We should consider abolishing the FBI:

I worked with the FBI in the 1980s--lastly in 1986 where I'm credited in a book. But sadly, the FBI has never been so politicized as it is under the current DoJ.

87,000 new IRS Agents are receiving weapons and training in police "take-downs". What's to fear in that?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post:
FlyingScot (09-04-2022), jbolty (09-04-2022)
Closed Thread