Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-05-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
CubRun

Default New Seasonal Dock

My floating dock has seen better days and I am looking at replacing it with a new aluminum seasonal dock that cranks up in the fall . Does anyone have positive feedback on dock contractors for work in the Moultonborough area ? I prefer to use local businesses whenever possible.
I am trying to get a range of what costs should be for a single 6'x40' , or a U-shaped three slip type dock . Thanks in advance for any feedback !
CubRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:29 PM   #2
DickR

There are three in the general area I know of, and nice things have been said about all of them. Closest is Center Harbor Dock & Pier, at the eastern end of Lake Shore Drive where it comes out onto rte 25, opposite the southern end of Lake Kanasatka. I used them for my dock a year and a half ago. Nice dock, nice installation, done in timely fashion with no long wait, good price. I saved a small amount by building the removable deck sections myself, and they were happy to quote the dock with and without decking. My dock is 6x30, with eight deck sections, 6 by just under 4', and made of "Select Tight Knots" red cedar. I weighed one section at 57 lb. For removal or installation, each is easy for me to grab on end, with the deck to my back, and walk away with it. Gravity holds them in place. To use pressure treated wood or composite would have made the weight of each section too much.

Over toward Laconia is Watermark. They are larger, and they do many other shorefront types of work also. Respected for doing good work. They also quoted the dock with and without decking.

The third is Dennis at his company "Raise-A-Dock," over on route 16, somewhat south of Wolfeboro.
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DickR For This Useful Post:
CubRun (11-05-2015)