Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-24-2023, 07:56 AM   #1
Dad207

Location: Summer home at Echo Shores, Minge Cove; home in Baltimore MD
Default Corner Store/Lake Town Market

Anyone know what's going on at the Corner Store in Alton? I heard that it was being converted to a wood-fired pizza restaurant-- Any confirmation or news on that?
Dad207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 01:32 PM   #2
Cobalt 12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad207 View Post
Anyone know what's going on at the Corner Store in Alton? I heard that it was being converted to a wood-fired pizza restaurant-- Any confirmation or news on that?
I have dealt ON and OFF with that property for many many many years. This is not the first time this conversation has been brought up. I said it years ago and I'll say it now....

NOTHING will be a success at that location. " Nothing ".. In the last 30 years, nothing has been successful. I'm not saying some of the food wasn't pretty darn good, but Parking is terrible. Not enough parking, and not enough foot traffic. The Location is TERRIBLE, very visible but terrible locations.

I would suggest that ALTON allows a Large Corporation come in and LEVEL IT!! Make a 7 story Hotel/Condos there with parking underneath. Retail shops and stores will not survive there.
Cobalt 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cobalt 12 For This Useful Post:
Dad207 (12-25-2023)
Old 12-25-2023, 06:01 PM   #3
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt 12 View Post
I have dealt ON and OFF with that property for many many many years. This is not the first time this conversation has been brought up. I said it years ago and I'll say it now....

NOTHING will be a success at that location. " Nothing ".. In the last 30 years, nothing has been successful. I'm not saying some of the food wasn't pretty darn good, but Parking is terrible. Not enough parking, and not enough foot traffic. The Location is TERRIBLE, very visible but terrible locations.

I would suggest that ALTON allows a Large Corporation come in and LEVEL IT!! Make a 7 story Hotel/Condos there with parking underneath. Retail shops and stores will not survive there.
Yes. Same thing at Pops Clam Shell location! Nothing will make it. Never going to make it. Not enough parking, no foot traffic. I see what you mean!

Last edited by TiltonBB; 12-25-2023 at 06:33 PM.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
barefootbay (12-27-2023), Whimsey (12-28-2023)
Old 12-25-2023, 06:19 PM   #4
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Yes. Same thing at Pops Clam Shell location! Nothing will make it. Not enough parking, no foot traffic. I see what you mean!
The difference is that Pops Clam Shell IS very successful but they rely on all the public parking (compliments of the Alton taxpayers) and have a booming business just where they are.......
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheTimeTraveler For This Useful Post:
Cobalt 12 (12-26-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 06:53 PM   #5
nj2nh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
The difference is that Pops Clam Shell IS very successful but they rely on all the public parking (compliments of the Alton taxpayers) and have a booming business just where they are.......
The parking for Pops is not any different than the parking for Busy Corner. At Pops, you have to cross the highway. For Busy Corner, you just walk up the road.

They just have not found the right formula. We were there this past summer. I really wanted to find a new model that would work. Was disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2024, 10:47 AM   #6
Cobalt 12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj2nh View Post
The parking for Pops is not any different than the parking for Busy Corner. At Pops, you have to cross the highway. For Busy Corner, you just walk up the road.

They just have not found the right formula. We were there this past summer. I really wanted to find a new model that would work. Was disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
There is " NO RIGHT FORMULA " for that Location. If there were, somebody would have done it in the last 30 years.. What's the average age of the person eating at Pop's? They park across the street and walk 30 yards on level roads to get to pops... Those same aged people will not, won't ever, walk 200 yards UPHILL to get a donut and a postcard.

" Level it, make Condo's, create a positive cash flow for the town. You're welcome. This is where " Common Sense " should come into play. Convenience is everything to today's " Crowd " .. Walking up there is not a convenience.
Cobalt 12 is offline   Reply With Quote