Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-06-2024, 12:40 PM   #1
Jaeger

Default Auto Trim tabs

I just added auto trim to my Crownline 262 CR. World of difference. I found out that you don't have to replace the whole system, just the switches. Bought direct from developer and self installed easily and quickly. The mfg'r/maker is Mente Marine nd they sell this system for half what others do (ione company sells the Mente product at 100% markup. I am not selling these, not friends with owner, just really impressed (note, still working on finishing out trim around it)
Attached Images

Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2024, 12:58 PM   #2
Descant

Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,018 Posts
Default video

There's a good video on the web site.
https://www.mente-marine.com/video/
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2024, 01:01 PM   #3
Biggd

Thanked 1,128 Times in 712 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
I just added auto trim to my Crownline 262 CR. World of difference. I found out that you don't have to replace the whole system, just the switches. Bought direct from developer and self installed easily and quickly. The mfg'r/maker is Mente Marine nd they sell this system for half what others do (ione company sells the Mente product at 100% markup. I am not selling these, not friends with owner, just really impressed (note, still working on finishing out trim around it)
Now you need side thrusters.
A couple weeks ago my wife and I were sitting outside at Lago's and a guy pulled up with a boat about that size and we thought he was going to try to parallel dock between two boats, we both said, "no way". He pulled right up to the space, stopped, and went sideways right to the dock.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2024, 07:53 AM   #4
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Now you need side thrusters.
A couple weeks ago my wife and I were sitting outside at Lago's and a guy pulled up with a boat about that size and we thought he was going to try to parallel dock between two boats, we both said, "no way". He pulled right up to the space, stopped, and went sideways right to the dock.
A friend of mine has a 41' Carver with gasoline engines that's quite a handful at low speeds, especially if there's wind. I helped him replace the OEM 5 HP bow thruster with a 20 HP bow thruster, and add a 20HP stern thruster to it over the Winter. It's really easy to dock now and his confidence has soared. Using a 10" holesaw on the forefoot of a boat is quite interesting and scary. You gotta really commit and it's a pretty big project. Stern thruster was much easier to install, just a few holes an some simple glass work.

I had the chance to captain a 48 footer with Volvo Penta IPS pod drives for a delivery trip earlier this Summer. The joystick control with pods is amazing.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote